PDA

View Full Version : new member new bow

tim300wsm
09-24-2011, 04:15 AM
How's everybody doing? I'm new to the site and to martin. Yesterday I ordered an onza 3 and can't wait to get it. Its going to be my first dual cam bow too which makes me a little nervous. Anyone out there who has one how hard are they to time? I should get the bow next week and can't walt to get shooting. I've gotta really get to it to be ready for bow season!

Arrow Splitter
09-24-2011, 04:45 AM
Welcome to the Martin Tech forum!
I have never shot the Onza, but there are many members on here who have, so I'm sure you will get feedback soon.

Happy Hunting!

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Welcome to MTF, we are glad to have you aboard.

Hutch:cool:

cyclepath
09-24-2011, 09:46 AM
How's everybody doing? I'm new to the site and to martin. Yesterday I ordered an onza 3 and can't wait to get it. Its going to be my first dual cam bow too which makes me a little nervous. Anyone out there who has one how hard are they to time? I should get the bow next week and can't walt to get shooting. I've gotta really get to it to be ready for bow season!

Welcome; Didn't you try one out before you ordered one? I take it you ordered it from a martin dealer. I'm sure you will enjoy the bow very much.
As always, we ask for pics of the bow! :cool:

Double S
09-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the Site.

tim300wsm
09-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I didn't get to test one. I work for a martin dealer but no dealers in the area carry the high end martins. I would have had to travel nearly 2 hours to test one. Every shop I called said they didn't have one but they could set me up a mathews or hoyt. I tested out several other bows in the price range and I took a leap of fate. I know it has to feel better than the diamond or the attack and the Pse has a 6" brace hight

peace
09-24-2011, 03:30 PM
The worse part of getting a new bow is the wait, you will be stalking the mail and delivery carriers. LOL!!

Sleep gets a bit hard due to the anxious anxiety. Congrats and show us some pictures when she comes.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

tim300wsm
09-24-2011, 07:54 PM
im waiting for the bow, a qad ultra rest hdx, a g5 quiver and broadheads and im still debating on the sight but im leaning towards an HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra 5019. i like the idea of a single pin sight. i have a 5 pin and its to much going on

NeilMac
09-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Welcome aboard; you'll find all the help you need, right here.

Simple Life
09-25-2011, 04:53 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bow.

SL

elkslayer4x5
09-27-2011, 01:20 PM
im waiting for the bow, a qad ultra rest hdx, a g5 quiver and broadheads and im still debating on the sight but im leaning towards an HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra 5019. i like the idea of a single pin sight. i have a 5 pin and its to much going on

I'd advise you to get the 5519, HHA's are BRIGHT, and you'll be wanting the rheostat. Only time I ever expose all of the fiber is in deep shade. Great sight, and welcome to this site. Post pics when you've get your Onza set up. And the others where right, you'll find a lot of help here. :cool:

Semicop
09-28-2011, 06:31 AM
I purchased an Onza 3 about a month ago. This is my first Martin bow, my decision to purchase the Onza 3 quickly rose to concerns after reading about all the issues with TRG and SOS from string slap noise to extreme cable wear. As of yet I have had NO issues with cable wear, the bow is relatively quiet but there is a noticeable noise which I believe to be the string slapping the SOS.
I have found the bow is very accurate and enjoyable to shoot. I am shooting a Victory HV arrow with Blazer vanes 29" at 329 grains and 65 lbs draw weight. The bow is shooting @ 300 fps with a QAD Ultra rest, string loop and rubber string silencers set at 29" draw.

So far I am very pleased but keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have issues with the TRG wearing the cables.

Semicop

Rangerj
09-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Welcome. :cool:

Ehunter
09-29-2011, 05:32 PM
I have 2 Onzas, and not a problem one with either bow. Both are very quiet as well. Bought my first HHA sight last weekend, and LOVE it so far. Only problem I have seen with the sight is, it's too bright. I took some black electrical tape and placed it over the top half of the fiber optic wrap, and that did the trick. Still plenty bright to shoot well after sunset, but no more "halo" around the pin in the bright sunlight.

tim300wsm
10-02-2011, 11:48 AM
I have 3 days till delivery of my bow and 4 days till my qad ultra rest hdx and im losing sleep. I went to the range with a buddy today and I was itching like a crackhead for my new bow. I did shoot a little. Im counting the minutes till delivery

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I have 3 days till delivery of my bow and 4 days till my qad ultra rest hdx and im losing sleep. I went to the range with a buddy today and I was itching like a crackhead for my new bow. I did shoot a little. Im counting the minutes till deliveryWow you got it bad!!!! time to run to a pro shop and shoot a few new bows to release a little tension.

peace
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Where's the love, bro? No pictures, no review, no nothing, what's up? Hit us back on here we have been waiting with you.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

tim300wsm
10-10-2011, 07:04 AM
I got the bow on Thursday and got it all setup but due to having two jobs I didn't get to shoot till Sunday I have to admit im very happy with it so far. Its fast accurate and quiet. I spent about 20 minutes sighting it in and then an hour having fun I love the bow i'll post some pics soon

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-10-2011, 07:27 AM
i'll post some pics soonyeah baby!!!!! that's what we are waiting for.

MLN1963
10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Welcome aboard! Tim

I had zero bow experience and learned to time mine so it can't be that hard. There are YouTube videos and threads here. If that don't work you can PM me for my number and I will talk you through it. It's not that bad but seems intimidating at first.