PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my Pantera to Nitrous cams???

jj141979
08-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi, I would first like to say I am very happy with my new Pantera but would like to see what I need for an upgrade to get the Nitrous cams on the Pantera!! Would I need new limbs, axles, etc??? And what kind of speed would I be picking up, AND how much would this upgrade cost? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

bfisher
08-22-2007, 01:39 PM
To get a most accurate answer you need to contact customer service at Martin and ask for Jake or Joel Carter. You could also PM JoelC or PUGon www.archerytalk.com
They are both service reps at Martin.

I can't say what kind of speed you'd gain over the MPro cam, but it's enough to make it a thought. What you'd need are the two Nitrous cams with modules, cables and the string. You can also make it an X system by just adding the X modules and two more cables. Your choice. I have mine with Nitrous X.

It's most likely a pretty price change as the cams and mods aren't cheap. However, if you decide to go that route you might consider mini-modules if your draw length is 28" or less. They'll give you a better valley and better speed over the standard modules.

I can only give you the retail price of the parts:

Nitrous C base cams w/modules----- $195.70
I don't have a price for the string/cable set.

As I said, best to talk to customer service. They may give you a better price and more detail. You may or may not have to change the limbs.

If you kno what your bow is shooting I'll give you my setup for comparison.

2007 Pantera, C Base Nitrous X cams with mini-mods. 27" draw and 53#. On the string I have a tied on nock set, fletcher TruePeep, and Simms String Leeches 3" from the cams. Set up for 3D (5gr/lb) it's shooting 287 fps. My hunting arrows are Gold Tip 22 series weighing 306 gr and shooting 275 fps.

Hope this info helps ya some.

Barry

jj141979
08-22-2007, 02:51 PM
What exactly is the X system???

bfisher
08-22-2007, 09:02 PM
X system is a different cam configuration. What is done is another set of modules on the opposite side of the cam from the originals. Then two more cables are attached to that side of the cam and to the limb at the opposite end of the bow. What it does is eliminate the need for the cable guard and slide and the side torque created by it. This torque is really limb twist which many equate to cam-lean.

The X system makes a bow easier to tune and has other advantages. Do a search on www.archerytalk and you'll get a lot more detail including pictures.
Just type in something like "Nitrous X".

It's not something that you need to rush into. It can always be done later by getting the X modules and a set of four cables. You use the same string.

Monofletch
08-23-2007, 05:54 AM
I will post pics when my Pantera with Nitrious arrives!!!!

deer dude
08-24-2007, 08:31 AM
all i can add is this, i went from the m-pro cam to the nitrous cams,having shot a single cam forever when i first got the bow ,i hated it,thought it was the god awfulliest bow ,cam ever made.made a few minor form changes and got used to the cams and i flat out love it now.had i given these cams a try out years ago i think i would have been a much happier archer.:)

dbd870
08-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Glad you're getting on to the Pantera - Now you'll have to get us some points in October! (You never know where someone will show up huh! :eek: )