PDA

View Full Version : 5 week old bow, string broken. Is that normal?

McNubblet
09-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Hiyas,

I've got a 5 week old Martin Exile, and today while I was at the range on the last target I noticed that my string had broken.

I would think that a string should last about a year, and not just 5 weeks. This is the factory string.

I've read the warranty on the bow it it pretty much categorically states that string isn't covered, but there has to be some kind of problem with the string for it to have broken in such a short time.

The bow has lived in a hard bow case and only come out for a few shoots totalling about 800 arrows.

Am I totally our of luck with a warranty replacement on this kind of thing? To me it seems to be a faulty part. To be out of pocket for a new string only weeks after purchasing the bow seems a bit wrong.

I have attached a photo of the broken string for reference.

Any advice you can give would be great :)

Cheers,
Matt

polaris754
09-30-2011, 11:52 PM
kinna dont think so my friend , dont shoot that puppy ,take it back i hope they do, but its probally the trg that did it,

McNubblet
09-30-2011, 11:58 PM
The "trg"? Still pretty new to this :)

Thanks for your reply.

Money Man
10-01-2011, 12:53 AM
The TRG/SOS is that black plastic thing your string is going through in the picture. Contact customer service and you could even e-mail that photo to them. They have stopped sending bows out with that piece on them. They have been replacing them with a cable guide rod and a new string. You just have to let them know about it. Good luck

peace
10-01-2011, 01:55 AM
The TRG/SOS is that black plastic thing your string is going through in the picture. Contact customer service and you could even e-mail that photo to them. They have stopped sending bows out with that piece on them. They have been replacing them with a cable guide rod and a new string. You just have to let them know about it. Good luck

Ditto, what Money Man has told you is straight truth, really is no better advice.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

McNubblet
10-01-2011, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the advice :)

I've sent a message to customer service, hopefully they come through.

I'm in Australia, so hopefully I don't have to call them.

Thanks again :)

boobowbender
10-01-2011, 12:30 PM
i hear phone calls are much faster and more efficent ways of contacting customer service-sorry
brad