PDA

View Full Version : cables crossing

bowgramp59
10-02-2011, 11:21 AM
got a question ! i know the the cables are supposed to cross under the cable slide, i just put new string and cables on my onza 3 went out to shoot it and noticed they were crossed at the top of the slide, shot it anyway nothing happened. is there a problem such as bow blowing up, loss of speed, with the cables x ing at the top, just wondering? kinda like the looks x ing at the top!

bfisher
10-02-2011, 05:36 PM
It won't hurt anything. If it shoots well for you that way and you like it that's all that important. It certainly won't cause the bow to blow up.

polaris754
10-03-2011, 01:11 AM
i am not a bow expert like some of the folks on here,dose nt that mean some thing is not routed right? if so my thought is , it may cause a derail of the cables or string?or a un even tork on the cams or idler ,hope u get it right

archerx7
10-03-2011, 04:25 AM
The cables should cross below the rod/slide. The worst thing that will happen with them crossing above.........you could have accelerated wear on the cables and /or slide. For all the harder it is to change them, I would take the time to do it.

MLN1963
10-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Some swear up and down either is fine. To me, below crosses them much closer to the middle of the bow. This has to be easier on the cables going in and out of the cam/module grooves.

peace
10-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Just took a look at some Martin catalogs and noticed that like in 2003 with only the cable slide being used more bows are pictured with the cross above the slide then below. But no consistency. Looking at the 2011 catalog with the TRG on all the bows pictured, all of them have the cross below the TRG. I have heard it said before that it really doesn't matter, whatever works best for you.

I think on the single cam bows like mine, I prefer the cross to be above the slide as it creates a less acute angle of string to the cam located at the bottom limb and that the angle for the top does not effect lean because they are attached to just the outside of the axles. So for my single cam I am opting for crossing the string above the cable slide as I presently have it.

Dual cam bows might be better served by putting the cross below the cable slide thus creating a more equal stress on both cams and reducing cam lean.

Smarten Up and Martin Up