PDA

View Full Version : no peep

bowgramp59
10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
i'm on a roll 2 posts in a few mins. ! i just shot the onza 3 without a peep in the string no kind of a rear sight.
does anyone routinlly shoot without a peep on here? i didn't group quite as good as i do with a peep, but it wasn't that bad for the first time. should gain about 5 fps, no string sliencers another 5 or so fps.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-02-2011, 11:54 AM
i'm on a roll 2 posts in a few mins. ! i just shot the onza 3 without a peep in the string no kind of a rear sight.
does anyone routinlly shoot without a peep on here? i didn't group quite as good as i do with a peep, but it wasn't that bad for the first time. should gain about 5 fps, no string sliencers another 5 or so fps.I believe gibson787 does. You would have to pm him.

HUTCH:cool:

HawgEnvy
10-02-2011, 04:36 PM
tried it,hated it. the peep just gives a bit more accuracy

polaris754
10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
i have to admit hawg, i didnt use one at all when i started out, but never again without a peep ,good luc

elkslayer4x5
10-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Without a peep, you'll lose your rear sight. I'd rather have the accuracy than the speed, what few fps you'd pick up without a peep. Just sayin. :)

RLW
10-03-2011, 05:21 AM
When I bought my Bengal in fall of '09, that was the first time I had tried a drop rest or release...AND...first time ever with a peep.
I shot fingers and used a sight without a peep since the brass pin days. (how have archery peep sights been around?)

My groups are tighter now, I assume mostly due to the release, but I can see where the peep helps especially if your form and/or anchor point gets slightly off.

FYI: speed tests I've done on my current bow showed about 2fps loss adding G5 Meta Peep, and I've seen only 1fps with cat whiskers on all three of our bows.
(can't remember the exact loss I had from the tube peep I had at first right now, but it was more than double the tubeless peep)

peace
10-03-2011, 06:29 AM
I shoot my recurve instinctively, no peep, no sights and love it. The compound requires all of the pull, hold, prepare and sight, where with the recurve I can just fling arrows, truly liberating.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Ford
10-03-2011, 08:04 AM
I use the eliminator pro rear site. no peep, gain the few fps with out it on my string, just have a few string chubs on there and a d loop. It gives you a rear sight, with no peep, accuracy is just as good, makes my anchor more consistent. I like it, kinda expensive, and a bit of a hassle to get dialed in, but I enjoy it now. I used a cobra 5 pin sight with it, took all but 2 pins out, so I have a huge objective, one pin at 25 the other at 35. and its extended which gives a longer distance between front and rear site making it a bit more accurate.

elkslayer4x5
10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
I shoot my recurve instinctively, no peep, no sights and love it. The compound requires all of the pull, hold, prepare and sight, where with the recurve I can just fling arrows, truly liberating.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Love shooting instictively, and am looking for a recurve now, I shoot my Cougar instintively, with fingers, and no peep. I enjoy field rounds with Ole Blue, just want that recurve arrow flight again, the ole eye can hardly keep up with the 299 fps the 320 gr Goldtip Velocity 400s I shoot out of Ole Blue fly at. :)

bowgramp59
10-03-2011, 04:24 PM
since i posted i shot some from 30 yrds. i think i will put that peep back in there. thanks for all the replies.