PDA

View Full Version : cable guard question

polaris754
10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
is there any rime or reason on how a off set cable guard is set, i got the book out and it dose not clearing explain, should the offset be cantered up [ie 12/ 3 oclock] or 3/ to 600 oclock . mine has always been at lets say 330, but at a site i was at today, it clearly states it should be cantered up on a single cam bow , whats every ones opinion please,

Don B
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I set mine so that my fletching just clears the cables. I don't worry about clocking it.
Don.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Depends if it is right handed or left handed. 4 o'clock or 8 o'clock once set. Nock an arrow then bring it within an 1/8 to 1/4" of the vane. That will take off as much pressure off the cam and idler wheel.

Hutch:cool:

polaris754
10-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Depends if it is right handed or left handed. 4 o'clock or 8 o'clock once set. Nock an arrow then bring it within an 1/8 to 1/4" of the vane. That will take off as much pressure off the cam and idler wheel.

ok its a tighty righty, and mines at about 3.30, clearance to fletching is about 3/16,my next question would be if its dailed in now ,and i move the cable guide will i have to re tune?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-02-2011, 03:39 PM
ok its a tighty righty, and mines at about 3.30, clearance to fletching is about 3/16,my next question would be if its dailed in now ,and i move the cable guide will i have to re tune?Not enough to make a difference. But it depends on how far you move it. If you move it a little you would be okay. A lot, would change lateral torque and change nock and peep height.

polaris754
10-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Not enough to make a difference. But it depends on how far you move it. If you move it a little you would be okay. A lot, would change lateral torque and change nock and peep height.

thanks hutch