PDA

View Full Version : Martin Mag Cat Warranty?

Unregistered
08-28-2007, 05:51 PM
I bought a Mag Cat less then a year ago from Dicks, now I am noticing that the string in fraying. I have always taken great care of this bow. I have only shot maybe a 50 arrows through it. So my question is this, is there any kind of warranty or anything that can be done?, other then me shelling out $100 plus for new strings to be put on?

bfisher
08-28-2007, 06:45 PM
There is one thing that isn't covered by the warranty and that's the string and cable. How are you treating this thing anyway. 50 shots over a year the strings should not be fuzzing. Maybe you need to take it to a shop and have them look at it. It's very possible that all it needs is a good waxing.

Waxing the string occasionally is normal maintenance. I have strings on several of my bows that are a couple years old that have no fraying even though I average as many as 500 shots a week trhough some of them. Some are factory strings and some are custom ones.

Usually the best course of action is to take it back where you bought it.

There isn't any reason to have to spend $100 or more for new strings. You can get very good aftermarket strings from several people on www.archerytalk.com for a cost of about $60 a set. Bucknasty is the guy I use. Get on the site and do a search. Most of these guys make strings of much higher quality than factory and as good as Winner's Choice, which I've used.