PDA

View Full Version : nice cable guard

HawgEnvy
10-06-2011, 08:44 AM
this is on my Quest XPB. after shooting it for awhile,i really like this cable guard system. there is not even the slightest sign of wear on the strings. it looks to be ceramic or porceline eyes similar to a fishing pole. plenty of vane clearance as you can see. a similar design from Martin would be a good thing and also if they kept the CCS roller guard. I'm not noticing any where on the Iron Mace strings from that either. is there a reason they stopped using the CCS on Martin bows?46254624

pizzadave
10-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Does that cable guard flex as well? I know the prime bows brag up how they have some great things to eliminate cam lean.... I was on there for a good 30 mins last night checking out their bows. I really like them a lot...... like the parallel cam idea a lot.... even though, I am sure my next bow will be a Martin .... I really want to get a silencer I think... that or a fc400.... the onza doesn't turn me on that much? But I am partial to the silencer, woukd love to shoot one! No where near here has many martins in stock to try..... nut basic bows like exiles and what not

gravedigger
10-06-2011, 09:12 AM
that is a nice setup and im wonder as well if it flexes.i do wish martin would bring back the ccs,imho it works great.

HawgEnvy
10-06-2011, 09:37 AM
its solid mounted. the rod doesnt flex at all. it might have some give to it when drawing but i havent noticed. i like that theres nothing to move,causing possible squeaks like a cable slide can if it gets damp. when i get another Martin,I'm going to get one with the CCS. hopefully its offered on the 2012 line in place of the TRG.

pizzadave
10-06-2011, 02:12 PM
I sometimes kick myself that I didn't do the CCS on my cheetah... I opted for a saunders hyperglide, but so far it is working well so I have no reason to go to a CCS..... I think the overall bling factor is great with a CCS. Have you checked out bowtech, they have a CCS but is flexes.....

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Hawg, I want one!!!!!!! where is mine?:p Nice idea too bad it doesn't flex that would make it even better.

Hutch:cool:

boobowbender
10-06-2011, 06:04 PM
if it flexed, wouldn't it sound like one of those door stop springs......dooooiiiiinnnnggggg

boobowbender
10-06-2011, 06:06 PM
i bet it could possibly screw right into our 2011 bows though! i wonder how much$, could be awesome

HawgEnvy
10-07-2011, 04:24 AM
i bet it could possibly screw right into our 2011 bows though! i wonder how much$, could be awesome

funny you ask. I was looking online last night. Couldn't find one but I'm emailing G5 today to find out. Will let ya know

bfisher
10-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Maybe a decent idea, but it's still a cable guard and appears that just like the TRG there is much more clearance than needed, causing unnecessary cam lean. The idea of ceramic eyes would probably be good one, and flexible rod.

HawgEnvy
10-07-2011, 11:09 AM
nope. i have absolutely zero cam lean on the Quest binary cams

wscywabbit
10-07-2011, 03:53 PM
When I was looking for a new bow this last summer I tried the Quest G5 Primal, and it had the same type of setup. I could have sworn that I saw on their website that it does flex slightly at draw though. The Primal was definitely a tough bow to pass up on, but no regrets with the Onza so far ;)