PDA

View Full Version : Do You Use A Bow Sling? Show Us Pic If You Have Them. (Not Wrist Sling)

MLN1963
10-09-2011, 07:00 AM
I am thinking of using a bow sling in the future to carry my bow to the blind or stand. I think they would be very handy and also add a measure of safety leaving my hand free for other things.

I noticed there are basically two styles, one covers the string/cables/cams and the other is more basic is just a carry strap that attaches to the riser. I can see where both have their advantages and disadvantages.

http://images.imagelinky.com/1317995217.jpghttp://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/uIjyNeSF-6HESI6DHQXhlKVKUzJWdPuSjvg62qIVZGher54nWZ9B1wHH7V6 3LaETNflgv5yowqlqTu6pYpg8Fp0M2vIECpgxUzK7XnyovyL2B MnApke_4XI7A02Pr9V5F29i-5yQT9O2h9-YMqrHzGFjy3CRHghttp://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/-4YFs_NjJ2_fmwYreUzwSEoiKoYS3FGXh6Ve7-rWFHBGcE71cZbjDpaKLp7Cqmk2OjMwAvUO6va4QZ1NJguoajB6 KvrXOzfqhxfI33_wW2CRlMDx1eHJE86umOogu8ImKbbiYWGNFa bQbmAqGcUbjcEp8yPj6o2JyQ2OQY999Pup0nqijPPnmruqUWW_ Ji_PifbLaTB4XqYOeTDOEY_InapGOdYRYCEFa2Szq5cvL3d7T3 lFsGos31O2u5IsbL33I579fy2A7BgdRUgLyY0FocCJ0GCwIMva ff8J5VA

I'm curious what types you guys use and how you like them. Are the cam/cable coverage oned noisy to remove. I have enough NOISY Velcro and zippers in my blind I don't want to make anymore noise than I have to.

pizzadave
10-09-2011, 07:43 AM
I used to use one like in pic # 2... But now I use a primos like pic #3. I LOVE IT. My walk into my treestands very. One of them is a solid 600 yard walk! It allows my to carry other things in with me, and also I like how the Primos protects my strings, cables, and cams. I once had my peep get knocked off on my way hunting, luckily I use white-out and mark my peep and string so I can see if it has been tinkered with, and I caught it before I took a shot. The primos is easy to use, and so far well worth the $20....

pizzadave
10-09-2011, 07:45 AM
and as far as noise... silent. The buttons snap quietly, and the way it covers the cams is quiet as well... No issues there... and it folds up small enough to store in a pack, although I usually just toss it under a log or at the base of my tree.....

Double S
10-09-2011, 08:25 AM
I used a Bow sling made by Primos two seasons ago. I'll probably never use one again. I bought it for the convenience to place behind me while I hike and be able to have both hands free. It worked against me. Not the slings fault at all....I fell and slid down a canyon when I crossed some loose shale rock. Like I said, it wasn't the Slings fault but I learned that I will never carry a bow on my back while on uneven terrain. Which Is the terrain I mainly hunt in. I had the bow slinged centered on the middle of the back. Due to the step angle I went down straight on my back. I heard the crunch of metal. Long story made short, After stopping my slide. I checked and counted my BH's making sure none were missing from the broken Quiver and making sure they were accounted for and not in me. My PSE brute was totally destroyed. Cams, Strings, Quiver, Sight bent, Even three out of the four Victory arrows were broken. I went down hard. If I had been carrying the bow in my hand like I normally had done I would have held the bow up as I slid down the canyon. Protecting the bow. The Sling came out undamaged just with some skuff marks. I gave the Sling away to a young kid. Just be aware of the bows location when slinged crossing uneven ground.

Rest in Peace my PSE Brute. lol

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/paradigmArcheryStabilizer012.jpg

gravedigger
10-09-2011, 08:27 AM
i do not use a sling,but my buddy uses #3.as a spot and stalk hunter it does not work to well.takes time to get yor bow off your back,then remove the case and go from there.sling 1 or 2 might just be the ticket.i think i will take one of my slings for my trimmer and make a bow sling.i get a bit tired carrying my bow 15+miles a day walking

ElkSlayer
10-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I do use one, looks an awfull lot like 4x5's only it is a differant camo pattern on the non-slip Pad... We will be taking a few new pictures soon .. as was requested in the other thread... And ya Im Back Realy never left..I was always right here......lol hahahha:cool:

We have a unique feature on our slings, it carries the bow string down ( its ok calm down) quiver to the out side.
Grip your bow roll it over as you shrug the sling off the sholder, pluck an arrow out, nock it ,clip on and draw the bow. Get that pin on the bulls chest and shoot......... thats right shoot, no need to remove sling, just be sure its safely hanging out of the way on the off side with the quiver....after miles on miles the lightest of bows gets heavy and thou I may not want to carry it after 5 miles. I darn sure want it ready if I jump some game in the next 100 yards...;):cool:

peace
10-09-2011, 01:00 PM
It worked well with quick releases until it went missing with some other gear from my car. I liked that you could bring the bow up and draw if you had to with it still attached.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

gravedigger
10-09-2011, 04:05 PM
I do use one, looks an awfull lot like 4x5's only it is a differant camo pattern on the non-slip Pad... We will be taking a few new pictures soon .. as was requested in the other thread... And ya Im Back Realy never left..I was always right here......lol hahahha:cool:

We have a unique feature on our slings, it carries the bow string down ( its ok calm down) quiver to the out side.
Grip your bow roll it over as you shrug the sling off the sholder, pluck an arrow out, nock it ,clip on and draw the bow. Get that pin on the bulls chest and shoot......... thats right shoot, no need to remove sling, just be sure its safely hanging out of the way on the off side with the quiver....after miles on miles the lightest of bows gets heavy and thou I may not want to carry it after 5 miles. I darn sure want it ready if I jump some game in the next 100 yards...;):cool:

welcome back elksalyer.long time no see.glad to have ya back in action

Arrow Splitter
10-09-2011, 04:25 PM
welcome back elksalyer.long time no see.glad to have ya back in actionx2 Where have you been ES? Let me guess.....hunting?:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-09-2011, 04:27 PM
The Mysterious ElkSlayer is back!!!!!!
Welcome back!

Hutch:cool:

polaris754
10-10-2011, 01:26 AM
yep use the primos one in pic 3 , luv it , when i carry my blind on my back it allows me to keep my arms free for flash lites and beer !kiddin on the beer

Spiker
10-10-2011, 05:42 AM
I hike a lot hunting Elk in the Rockies and a sling comes in handy for a lot of things besides carrying the bow.!
http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4703&d=1318242966

MLN1963
10-10-2011, 06:33 AM
The first two pictures look like you could use them in a hurry to get a shot off. The third looks like it would be good in the rain to keep your string and cables from getting wet and messing up your arrow speed. It would also be nice if you know it is just to protect your bow on the way to/from a stand or blind.

Does anyone know what the kind the first one is. My quick Google search didn't find anything.

j-bo
10-10-2011, 07:16 AM
I used the cheap Allen bow sling a few times. It would slip off the cams too much so dumped it.

The Primos looks good. I want one so that when I'm raising and lowering my bow to the ground, it will keep the dirt off it and whatever else off it, plus scratching up the cams or what not.

dzsmith
10-10-2011, 12:43 PM
or you could just man up and walk with it in your hand....just picking guys, but seriously i dont use a sling i just carry it

gravedigger
10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
or you could just man up and walk with it in your hand....just picking guys, but seriously i dont use a sling i just carry it

me to.i want to be ready to shoot when its time to shoot.

Rangerj
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't use one either but I thought about getting one. I carry enough stuff with me now to keep up with something else.JMHO :cool:

elkslayer4x5
10-11-2011, 05:01 AM
I had a rubber sling very similar to #1 but it really sucked, so I made my own. It is'nt raining today, so I'll make a video of my sling in action for you guys later today. You find it posted in the bowhunting section. Till then heres a description of the sling. An adjustable 1`" nylon web running thru a shoulder pad made of mini cell foam cover in various camo patterns, and Toughtech 9000, a durable abrasion resistant, non-scuff material that retains its grip, wet or dry. The sling attaches to you bow just below the limb cups and fastens with velcro, The whole thing weighs a few ounces and as you can see in the last pic easily gets out out the way for a shot.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m602/EastOutfitter/slingpics.jpg

elkslayer4x5
10-11-2011, 05:30 AM
I had a rubber sling very similar to #1 but it really sucked, so I made my own. It is'nt raining today, so I'll make a video of my sling in action for you guys later today. You find it posted in the bowhunting section. Till then heres a description of the sling. An adjustable 1`" nylon web running thru a shoulder pad made of mini cell foam cover in various camo patterns, and Toughtech 9000, a durable abrasion resistant, non-scuff material that retains its grip, wet or dry. The sling attaches to you bow just below the limb cups and fastens with velcro, The whole thing weighs a few ounces and as you can see in the last pic easily gets out out the way for a shot.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m602/EastOutfitter/slingpics.jpg

Well, at least it was'nt, although its pouring right now, lets hope it will clear. Although NOAA's site says, 90% chance of showers today, we'll see. Or maybe you won't. Tried to do this yesterday, but every time I went out, down came the rain, guess thats why its so green here.

gravedigger
10-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Well, at least it was'nt, although its pouring right now, lets hope it will clear.

i got a good amount of rain coming down out in the grove

elkslayer4x5
10-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Well it did clear and Es and I got 'er done. Posted over on the bowhunting forum, check it out, two videos and pics, and what little instructions are needed. :)

ElkSlayer
10-11-2011, 04:01 PM

me to.i want to be ready to shoot when its time to shoot.

once apon a time, I did too......Bit older & Alot wiser im my latter years :cool: check out the video we made today... Oh one more thing do you walk to a stand and sit all day? i already know GD walks like I do..but he's young an uninformed and sufferd head trama...:D ;) heard the guy shoots meatal fence post...

gravedigger
10-11-2011, 05:31 PM
once apon a time, I did too......Bit older & Alot wiser im my latter years :cool: check out the video we made today... Oh one more thing do you walk to a stand and sit all day? i already know GD walks like I do..but he's young an uninformed and sufferd head trama...:D ;) heard the guy shoots meatal fence post...

well when them fence post get out of line a guy has to put them in there place.:pwhat was i saying,hmmmm than head trama make me forget...what was i talking about again.lol...lmao

Theboss
11-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Does anyone know if the Primos will fit on a Cheetah with the STS. Very little clearance between the STS and the string.

elkslayer4x5
11-12-2011, 04:49 AM
The primos sling attaches over your cam and idler and will probably wrap around your STS. Once on the bow, you need to remove the sling to shoot.