PDA

View Full Version : Changing the TRG/SOS to Rod & Slide With STS

kylecurtis04
10-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey Guys. I know a lot of you have replaced your TRG/SOS with the rod and slide and STS. I haven't had any issues with the TRG/SOS as of yet. *knock on wood* but I was wondering if changing over to the rod/slide and sts altered any of your yardage pins. Also, what positive or negative affects did it have? Such as noise, vibration, torque and so forth. Thanks in advance for any help.

MLN1963
10-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Mine changed my horizontal impact. I had to make a gang sight correction and I think a very small centershot correction.

bowgramp59
10-12-2011, 05:23 PM
my bow is quiter , but i seem to have more cam lean than before, didn't have to ajust the sights at all, they need to stay with ccs system got 3 bows with the ccs , not a problem with none of these bows , theres to much tention on the outside cable on the trg , sooner or later you will have cable wear in this location, and the cable became flat instead of round on my onza 3 the inside cable was ok .

martinman94
10-13-2011, 04:07 AM
how do you get the rod and slide????

elkslayer4x5
10-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Call Martin CS, and they'll send you the rod and slide.

cerebus111
10-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Elkslayer, Did they charge you for it?

cerebus111
10-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Called Martin, asked if there was any was to adjust the TRG..right away they sent me out a new cable slide, cables, rod and silencer...Wow only took 3 days :).....Installed about 10 mins and no difference in sight at 20 yards havent tried from futher out yet...

HawgEnvy
10-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Elkslayer, Did they charge you for it?

free of charge under warranty

coolsam402
11-10-2011, 08:25 PM
i called they said to take pics and my camera wasent good so they were kinda blurry and today i want tomy pro shop to get some stuff added to my bow and the guy asks how olds the boy i said i got it on sunday hes like this trg needs to be fixed your string is waring down ive only shot about 75 times so far and the shooting string hits the trg when shot and is also waring down the shooting string and it has gotten real bad cuz i removed the trg 3 days ago when i called martin for the pics and when i shoot on release the shooting string comes up to my holding hand and snaps at my hand and thats a pritty far distance to travel in the oppisite direction and to hit my hand that hard that it leaves welts and there still not sending me my cable rod, slide and sts its really getting earritationg cuz im going on a hunting trip in 2 weeks and i still have yet to sight in my boow cuz i neeed the bar, slide and sts and they wont send it cuz they say is not brokenand i just spent so much money in it for after market stuff and if it brakes i will be so mad its a martin exile by the way

justin
11-11-2011, 02:36 AM
If your hitting your arm with your shoot string, you are trying to draw too long.

coolsam402
11-11-2011, 11:08 AM
If your hitting your arm with your shoot string, you are trying to draw too long.

no not my arm my hand the string shoots all the way up to the bows riser my draw is actually an inch or two to short

SJunior
11-11-2011, 12:41 PM
i removed the trg 3 days ago when i called martin for the pics and when i shoot on release the shooting string comes up to my holding hand and snaps at my hand and thats a pritty far distance to travel in the oppisite direction and to hit my hand that hard that it leaves welts.

Are you shooting with the TRG off? If so, you better quit shooting until you get a rod and slide or there will be worse issues. Too much play in the cables will also give too much play in the string.

coolsam402
11-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Are you shooting with the TRG off? If so, you better quit shooting until you get a rod and slide or there will be worse issues. Too much play in the cables will also give too much play in the string.

no i have the trg on but i took the sos off to take pics for martin and the sos didnt comewith the bow i bought it sperately

justin
11-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Well....it sounds like your having issues we might not be able to help you with here. Go hit up a pro shop, maybe, and see what they say.....