PDA

View Full Version : Martin Owner's Group - kind of long, be prepared.

Magnus777
10-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Ok, this isn't really a Technical question, or comment, but it didn't fit in any of the other categories, either. I'm still rather new here, and I've been reading through all the old posts just out of general curiousity. I'm a pretty good observer, and a problem solver, meaning I can usually put two and two together to make four. Many times I'll read something, or see something, and I'll get an idea for something totally different. This is one of those times, and I'm really interested in some feedback, plus I expect someone will tell me if this isn't anything new.
Here's what I'm thinking; what about a Martin Owner's Group? A WHAT? What if Martin established an enthusiast's group comprised of Martin owner's, would-be owner's, and other interested parties, with the purpose of consolidating it's customer base, and leveraging that customer base to attract, and then keep new customers?
Someone else said it best, but I don't remember who; "The archery buisness these days is about selling tackle. It isn't about servicing archer's." Now that's a crying shame, and it's a very narrow-minded, short-term buisness model!
A new shooter is free to walk into any store, or pro shop, and be overwhelmed by a huge array of makes and models of new bows, and related equipment. They've seen quite a few colorful ads in the magazines, maybe a commercial or two on tv, they have the SURELY knowledgable suggestions of friends and family...they may even know just what they want....even if they don't know what they really need.
On the other end of the spectrum, you have an expert archer, maybe even pro shooter. This person has owned many bows, probably tried just about every brand, and has years of experience tweaking and fine-tuning what the factory sells. He likely also has a few engrained opinions based on personal experience. This person knows exactly what he needs, but everything he wants may not be available, or he may not know that it is, so he sticks with what he knows, and makes do.
Either way you go, or at any point in-between, the truth is there is a mass of potential customers roaming around in the dark, so to speak, looking for a product to meet a need. And there are several manufacturers of archery equipment making such a vast array of bows in all sizes, colors, and at prices, that just about everyone can find something that will work for them...if they could just find it! What we DO NOT have is an archery tackle manufacturer that is willing to reach out and make a direct, personal connection with it's customers, meet their needs, anticipate future needs, and provide solutions BEFORE that customer is back in the market for a new model. What we do not have is a manufacturer who is educating it's customers, informing them, EXCITING them; creating a strong brand loyalty, and then giving the customer the tools to back it up. What I'm talking about here is a CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE!
Right now speed is king...speed sells. All bows made today are FAST compared to those made less than a decade ago. If you've got the fastest bow, you're going to sell a ton of them, regardless of your products reliability, it's shootability, the value of your product's warrantee, or the knowledge and skill of your customer service department. But bow speed is limited by a theoretical "wall" that we are now approaching at Mach 9...there just isn't that much room left for improvement! So, in the near future, when speed is a much less as critical selling point, what then?
Soon, those currently "lesser priorities" will become what distinguishes one brand from another. And while some companies will likely maintain the status quo for quite some time, with cheap, non-durable finishes, ill-fitting parts, and bow-tech that might not have been quite ready for the market...the company that establishes itself FIRST, no longer as being the fastest, but as being the BEST...with the highest quality product, the most knowledgable, helpful, and friendly employees, and the best overall CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE...that company will have everyone else playing catch-up! And once you're in the lead, it's much easier to stay in front...especially if you have a good head-start!
Here's one way Martin can sprint to the front while nobody is looking, and put some distance between itself and all the "also-rans". Martin creates, then offers voluntary membership to an official, factory sponsored group collective comprised of Martin product owners. Each new bow, and every other new Martin product should have a membership signup card included, or even better, a prominent, highly visible informational flyer with a link to the company home page, where they can sign up, or find out more.
This group...let's call it the "Martin Pride", after an older model bow, out of pride for owning the Martin brand, and also because a pride descibes a family unit of big cats, the long-time Martin brand identifier...and that is what we're trying to do, create a "family". The members of this group are provided special perks by the company. They get a Martin newsletter every month in their inbox that tells them all the exciting news related to the company, and the sport. They get free stickers, and patches. They get the new model year catalogs a month or more before they are made available to the general public. They get to place their orders in advance, and get their orders filled first. They are eligible for factory sponsored shooting clinics. They get to attend special Martin "member only" shoots, with pros and instructors in attendance. They get to come to the factory and try out the new equipment, as well as try out pre-production models, and offer direct customer input while the equipment is still in development. Maybe they get to sign up for a chance at receiving a new product that they can test out for a few weeks, then offer a testimonial, and suggestions for other potential customers. This creates that important CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. It makes a customer feel like they are more than just a potential sale, but part of something, part of a family...makes them feel like they have a say, that their opinions are important, that THEY are important!
Martin, in turn gets valuable, direct input from the very people who buy it's products. They acquire something very rare, and priceless....a crystal ball with a direct view to their customer's future wants and needs! They create an unbreakable brand loyalty. They get to build excitement for their products, and then directly market their product to customers that are eagerly awaiting an opportunity to buy it! They get to educate their customers about their products, not just give them a quick sales pitch. They get to directly SHOW the customer how their product meets a need...how their customer is important, and how the company will be there now, and in the future to take care of them.
Now here's the important part: These excited, loyal, educated customers move about freely within all areas of the archery world. They meet and interact with all manner of other archery enthusiasts from all walks of life. And they are armed with the knowledge and the tools to defend their brand choice, demonstrate how it is a superior product, explain how Martin is not just a company, but a family, AND educate other's as to why they should become a part of that family!
For this to work, Martin is going to have to step up it's game. It's not enough to SAY their bows are the fastest, or the most accurate, or the BEST. They actually have to BUILD them that way...if they talk the talk, they MUST walk the walk!
What about increased costs? Negligible. It is no more expensive to make a quality product that is correct when it leaves the factory, than it is to make a sub-par product that must be continually serviced with warranty claims, customer complaints, and lost buisness.
To summarize, Martin is a good company, with a long history. There is an opportunity here to to move from the middle of the pack, and set itself up as THE go-to company in the archery universe. By building a quality, durable, desirable product...a product that it's customer's not only want, but helped design...and then not just offering it among a slew of similar products, but presenting it and the company that made it as the singular, best solution to meet the customers current, and future needs...Martin can transform itself into the busiest, fastest growing, most profitable, customer-oriented company to ever string a bow!
Ok, that's a rough idea of what I was thinking. If you read it all, I thank you, and appreciate your patience, and attention. Now, what do you think? Is this idea worthy of further development? What suggestions do you have that could improve the Martin Customer Experience, and help drive this company to a leadership position among it's competitors? There was a thread started about what you would like to see for future product improvements, but what would you like to see the company improve about itself? What could Martin do to better meet your needs, improve your perception of the company, and remain your number one choice for archery tackle?

Thank you again.

Sledge

elkslayer4x5
10-12-2011, 04:48 AM
I agree, and think that this forum is a good indication of how it could be. Martin sponcers this board AND Archerytalk, which shows me that the folks at Martin want our feedback. Martin has certainly given me all I want in a bow, all 3 of which preform flawlessly, each and every time I draw one back. They have also given me this board, a place for me to add my input, and to offer what help I can. I have Martin Pride!

peace
10-12-2011, 08:35 AM
I think it is a great and workable business plan and I would hope that it would be forwarded to those at Martin that might consider it and implement it. I would love to be a part of The Martin Pride. Work it, baby, work it.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

HawgEnvy
10-12-2011, 08:36 AM
i agree. it would be nice to have our input and opinions actually matter in the design and the R&D involved. after all, its the word of the the buying public that is basically doing the "selling" of the product. we share our experiences on forums like this with word of mouth advertising. we can get them a sale or cost them a sale. if we think something could be improved upon or if a DIY'er comes up with something solid that could be a good selling point,why not be open minded enough to at least seriously consider it. EX. RockyHud's TRG cable rod

Magnus777
10-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Well now, that's four potential members right there!

HawgEnvy
10-12-2011, 10:54 AM
and there's plenty more potentials out there if we can have a more positive influence than the bashers and haters

Magnus777
10-12-2011, 11:42 AM
and there's plenty more potentials out there if we can have a more positive influence than the bashers and haters

That's what this is all about, having a positive influence...on the brand we love, on the products we buy, on the archery and bowhunting sport, on the places we shoot, and the whole world, one, small, thoughtful act at a time. I'm not talking about starting a club here, I'm talking about sparking a movement! By educating, informing, and providing positive examples, we Martin shooters could become a force in the archery community that might go a long way toward changing the tide of spite and negativity that has sprung up in many circles.
I place a lot of blame on the manufacturers themselves, the way they market their products...same as some of the commercials for men's shampoo, sports cars, clothing, etc.; "If you shoot OUR bows, you'll be cool, and people will love you. If you buy someone else's product, you'll be second rate, and everyone will make fun of you...especially us!" If that's the example set by the company, and if it is mirrored by it's customers, then any potential new customer will surely be influence by that attitude.
So what if our company...and I think we should begin to think of it as such, as well as have Martin's approval and support....what if "OUR" company did just the opposite? What if we say; "Our bows and equipment are the BEST...not because we say so, but because our CUSTOMERS do! But don't take our word for it, come and see for yourself"? That's called backing it up. And what if we also encouraged the public to freely approach any of our shooters...especially a Martin Pride member, identified by a Marten Owner's Group patch, or something....to ask questions, have one of our bows demonstrated, maybe even get to shoot it themselves? And what if our shooters were always kind, courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful...the direct opposite of some of the snooty behavior we see from many shooters of other brands? I think that kind of equal, and opposite attitude would not only negate much of the negative influences cropping up in our sport, but also be a magnetic force that would draw people to our brand!

HawgEnvy
10-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm down widdat! How do we get Martin to HEAR and LISTEN to US?

Magnus777
10-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm down widdat! How do we get Martin to HEAR and LISTEN to US?

Well, if this thread generates enough response, I'm sure someone will take notice. And if they don't, but enough people are for it, then we can start a petition, circulate it around the forums, then submit it to Martin Corporate when we have enough signatures.

That's what comes to my mind. Anyone else?

kylecurtis04
10-12-2011, 04:44 PM
count me in

Magnus777
10-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!

Arrow Splitter
10-14-2011, 05:58 AM
I love it when a plan comes together!So you like the show "A Team"? Me too.:cool:

Magnus777
10-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Yep, used to be one of my favorites!

Murdoc: "OOoooh...I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok! I sleep all night, and work all day!"

B.A.: "Murdoc, you crazy foo!"

justin
10-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a rebranding pitch to me but.....im in. I love my bow, and do answer alot of questionsu about it at 3d shoots. If only martin made a few changes and a little more qc.... dam what an awesome bow they would have.

Magnus777
10-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Sounds like a rebranding pitch to me but.....im in. I love my bow, and do answer alot of questionsu about it at 3d shoots. If only martin made a few changes and a little more qc.... dam what an awesome bow they would have.

Rebranding pitch? I'm not sure I understand, could you elaborate?

I apologize if I have made myself misunderstood. Your post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. That kind of enthusiam...the helpful attitude...the desire to have some input with regards to the equipment Martin makes. I'm talking about a group of people just like YOU...people that love their Martin bow(s), love shooting them, love talking about them...people that want to see Martin become the best it can be, producing the best archery tackle they can make. I'm talking about starting a group of like minded people that would become the public face of Martin Archery, showing that Martin is not just an archery tackle company, but a family, which includes everybody, from the board of directors, to engineers, to the guy running the cnc mill, to the gal that puts on the strings, to the customers, you and me! This group would promote good ethics in the sport, showcase the equipment Martin makes, and be a direct line from the consumer to the manufacturer that would help them improve their product...help them make the kind of equipment we want to buy and use! I'm talking about something I don't see in the industry right now, something that Martin could do FIRST, something that would give them a headstart on the competition in preparing for the future of this sport, and evolving into something more than just a company that makes and sells bows. Sound good?

Sledge

StokedPowerWagon
10-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Where do I sign?

Jake-the-snake
10-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Where do I sign?

Ditto my friend...

NeilMac
10-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Your post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. That kind of enthusiam...the helpful attitude...the desire to have some input with regards to the equipment Martin makes. I'm talking about a group of people just like YOU...people that love their Martin bow(s), love shooting them, love talking about them...people that want to see Martin become the best it can be, producing the best archery tackle they can make. I'm talking about starting a group of like minded people that would become the public face of Martin Archery, showing that Martin is not just an archery tackle company, but a family, which includes everybody, from the board of directors, to engineers, to the guy running the cnc mill, to the gal that puts on the strings, to the customers, you and me! This group would promote good ethics in the sport, showcase the equipment Martin makes, and be a direct line from the consumer to the manufacturer that would help them improve their product...help them make the kind of equipment we want to buy and use! I'm talking about something I don't see in the industry right now, something that Martin could do FIRST, something that would give them a headstart on the competition in preparing for the future of this sport, and evolving into something more than just a company that makes and sells bows. Sound good?

Sledge

I agree with the idea and the sentiment, but isn't a lot of that covered by staff shooter status?

I am a staff shooter for Athens, and many of the ideas you have listed above are covered in my contract.

However, one big difference is the matter of dialogue direct to the company. If the group could get a point of contact within the factory, a liaison officer of some sort, then that would be new.

I know the Pro's contracted to many of the big guns have this sort of input, but I don't think anyone actively talks to 'grass roots' archers; if that could be achieved, it would be quite something.

Magnus777
10-15-2011, 10:03 AM
I agree with the idea and the sentiment, but isn't a lot of that covered by staff shooter status?

I am a staff shooter for Athens, and many of the ideas you have listed above are covered in my contract.

However, one big difference is the matter of dialogue direct to the company. If the group could get a point of contact within the factory, a liaison officer of some sort, then that would be new.

I know the Pro's contracted to many of the big guns have this sort of input, but I don't think anyone actively talks to 'grass roots' archers; if that could be achieved, it would be quite something.

I must admit, I don't know anything about what it takes to become a staff shooter, what it means, or what's involved. However, what I am advocating here is open to everyone, and does not require a contract, other than the personal pledge from each member to be safe, and promote safety in the sport; to be curteous and helpful to other archers; to help Martin to become a better an more efficient company, that produces the tackle it's customers want to buy and use, by submitting thoughts and ideas to the forum, by phone, or direct mail; and to become better archers themselves. Kind of like a Boy Scout pledge...nobody is saying you have to shoot Martin exclusively, and nobody will force you to live up to your pledge...but any person who would choose to become a part of this would already be a Martin owner, someone that already approves of Martin and the products it produces, and would likely have to be the type of person that would live up to their word, strive to better themselves, and want to do what they could to improve the sport they love for everyone, and for future generations. If successful, this would be our legacy to our sons and daughters, and to our grandchildren thereafter.
Like you said yourself, this would be a grass roots sort of thing...but unlike the atmosphere in our current political system, this would be something Martin would actively encourage, and participate in. The things I'm talking about should be things Martin would want, because it would be beneficial to their buisness. Any company that can achieve a direct line to the hearts and minds of it's customers could not help but become more successful, and any consumer with a direct connection running the other way could not help but be ever more satisfied by that company, because it makes what they want, and they had a part in it.
It really would be something, wouldn't it? :)

Sledge

NeilMac
10-15-2011, 10:20 AM
I must admit, I don't know anything about what it takes to become a staff shooter, what it means, or what's involved. However, what I am advocating here is open to everyone, and does not require a contract, other than the personal pledge from each member to be safe, and promote safety in the sport; to be curteous and helpful to other archers; to help Martin to become a better an more efficient company, that produces the tackle it's customers want to buy and use, by submitting thoughts and ideas to the forum, by phone, or direct mail; and to become better archers themselves. Kind of like a Boy Scout pledge...nobody is saying you have to shoot Martin exclusively, and nobody will force you to live up to your pledge...but any person who would choose to become a part of this would already be a Martin owner, someone that already approves of Martin and the products it produces, and would likely have to be the type of person that would live up to their word, strive to better themselves, and want to do what they could to improve the sport they love for everyone, and for future generations. If successful, this would be our legacy to our sons and daughters, and to our grandchildren thereafter.
Like you said yourself, this would be a grass roots sort of thing...but unlike the atmosphere in our current political system, this would be something Martin would actively encourage, and participate in. The things I'm talking about should be things Martin would want, because it would be beneficial to their buisness. Any company that can achieve a direct line to the hearts and minds of it's customers could not help but become more successful, and any consumer with a direct connection running the other way could not help but be ever more satisfied by that company, because it makes what they want, and they had a part in it.
It really would be something, wouldn't it? :)

Sledge

I think it's a brilliant idea, and it would be great if somebody at Martin could indicate what the board think about it.

Does anybody on the forum have a factory contact, who could be asked to gauge interest in this idea?

gravedigger
10-15-2011, 10:25 AM
I think it's a brilliant idea, and it would be great if somebody at Martin could indicate what the board think about it.

Does anybody on the forum have a factory contact, who could be asked to gauge interest in this idea?

joel from martin C.S. reads this forum and is a admin so if there was any intress im sure he would chime in.

Magnus777
10-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Seems the overall response so far has been very positive, although many voices remain silent, for whatever reason. At least, no one has had anything negative to say about the idea. Maybe it's time to petition Martin for a response? I'll see if I can put something together over the next few days, and get it up for everyone to take a look. There should be an option to sign anonymously for anyone that would prefer to do so.

Sledge

justin
10-16-2011, 06:56 PM
yeah your idea really sounds like something to push a brand promise. most martin exposure is from other martin owners, so it makes sense that they help sell the brand. if every brand had the same quality, customer service, and performance, what could martin bring that is extra to the table?

bfisher
10-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Seems the overall response so far has been very positive, although many voices remain silect, for whatever reason. At least, no one has had anything negative to say about the idea. Maybe it's time to petition Martin for a response? I'll see if I can put something together over the next few days, and get it up for everyone to take a look. There should be an option to sign anonymously for anyone that would prefer to do so.

Sledge

Must be talking about me. Well, as a staff shooter I'm kinda caught in the middle. There have been a lot of good ideas come out of this thread, but I don't run the company. And like some of you I can and do all my own work/adjustments on my bows; enjoy it really.

Being a short draw guy (27") my choice of bows is somewhat limited. I like longer bows (36"+) so getting one that fits my draw length can be an issue. Especially since most draw longer than listed, sometimes by quite a bit. So in stating my wishes, along with a lot of the other suggestions, I'd like to see their bows be adjustable within the draw length range they are listed. Maybe even be individually tested and shot prior to shipment and come with a birth certifcate stating the bow's actual performance.

Understand that whis would be just for those bows ordered to a customer's specified specs. I would venture a guess that most of the bows ordered are enmass for a dealer to hang on the wall to sell. These would be exempt as most are set to their max draw weight and a generic 29" draw. It would be a waste of somebody's time to shoot every 29"/70# bow in a run of 200 or so.

Magnus777
10-17-2011, 08:17 AM
joel from martin C.S. reads this forum and is a admin so if there was any intress im sure he would chime in.

Maybe they're just waiting to see if we're serious. So many ideas seem good at first, and then fade after they've had time to air out. I can see where it would not be worth their time and consideration unless it had mass popular support.

For the record, let me be clear...and this isn't directed specifically at you gravedigger, but for general notice to any, and everyone...I am not trying to plan sedition, stage an insurrection, incite a mutiny, or stir up the villagers. I'm not trying to cause trouble of any kind. Far from it! I simply had an idea I thought would benefit everyone, company and customer alike, and wanted to solicit the opinions of others. As it turns out, the idea seems to be rather popular...so let's refine it, and see what we can do! :)

yeah your idea really sounds like something to push a brand promise. most martin exposure is from other martin owners, so it makes sense that they help sell the brand. if every brand had the same quality, customer service, and performance, what could martin bring that is extra to the table?

A "brand promise"? Yes, that sounds correct, in part. Martin seems to be very good at standing behind their product, and taking care of their customers when there is a problem. But how many people who shoot other brands know that?
I think I would like to see Martin make a formal pledge to their customers; to make the best equipment possible, to continually improve not only their product line, but the whole of their buisness, to treat their customers fairly, to show all due respect for their customer's concerns, and to invest in the future of the sport. Now, every point I mentioned might not be outside what they're doing already, so there is no extra cost...but to come out and make that promise to every individual that owns one of their products, or makes such a purchase in the future...that's something I don't see anyone else doing.
I agree, most exposure to the Martin brand is from other people that own and use Martin equipment. It's not a shock-and-awe, in your face, fireworks and neon signs approach, and that's a good thing! It means the first impression a potential new customer gains about the company is not an empty promise from some Saturday afternoon tv commercial, but an honest testimonial from a current Martin shooter. You can't buy that kind of exposure, it has to be earned!
To answer your last question, "If every brand had the same quality, customer service, and performance, what could Martin bring that is extra to the table?" Honestly, are all other brands equal or greater than Martin in those three areas? Perhaps a few are. But does anybody in the buisness have a direct line to the hearts and minds of their customer, and what customers of any brand are allowed direct access to pre-production equipment, or genuine input into the development of future product? What other company promotes itself and the relationship it has with it's customers as a family, a give and take, sharing and caring, one for all and all for one family unit? None, I think.
Every company I'm aware of sets it's engineers and bean-counters loose on a new product idea, and the customer is completely excluded until the new product hits the market, with the exception of the occasional focus group. It is a hit or miss, all or nothing game plan. The public either accepts the new idea, and production continues, or they reject it, and the line is scrapped. So failing is a rather expensive proposition.
But what if the customer was brought in from the very start? What if they were allowed to submit ideas for new products and equipment? What if they were allowed to test it while it was still in development, and offer suggestions for improvement? I think there would be a much higher probability for that product to be successful. And all that can be done without sensitive information being revealed to competitors if it is managed properly. Much of the customer input process can be incorporated into the customer service department, and managed in a computer database. And much of the other customer/company interaction I suggested in earlier posts...the company sponsored shoots, company tours, shooting clinics, etc., can be done on the cheap...the yearly budget for such would likely be less than the cost of one tv commercial.
In short, no other company makes the customer feel like they are part of something. No other company allows the customer any say. No other company incorporates the customer experience as part of the buisness model, rather, counting them only as the recipient and purchaser of the end product. Then it's "Here's what we came up with this year. You can buy it, or shoot something else."

Must be talking about me. Well, as a staff shooter I'm kinda caught in the middle. There have been a lot of good ideas come out of this thread, but I don't run the company. And like some of you I can and do all my own work/adjustments on my bows; enjoy it really.

Being a short draw guy (27") my choice of bows is somewhat limited. I like longer bows (36"+) so getting one that fits my draw length can be an issue. Especially since most draw longer than listed, sometimes by quite a bit. So in stating my wishes, along with a lot of the other suggestions, I'd like to see their bows be adjustable within the draw length range they are listed. Maybe even be individually tested and shot prior to shipment and come with a birth certifcate stating the bow's actual performance.

Understand that whis would be just for those bows ordered to a customer's specified specs. I would venture a guess that most of the bows ordered are enmass for a dealer to hang on the wall to sell. These would be exempt as most are set to their max draw weight and a generic 29" draw. It would be a waste of somebody's time to shoot every 29"/70# bow in a run of 200 or so.

Hello Barry. Yes, yours was one of those voices I was hoping to hear...so to speak. I respect your thoughts and opinions, as well as those of several others. I did kind of figure some might be holding back to keep from putting themselves on the record, and potentially getting into a sticky situation.
You know, one of the things I enjoy about the Martin line is that there are so many options, so many choices! Just about any and everyone can perfectly outfit themselves by going with Martin. There are speed bows, short ATA bows, long ATA bows, hunting bows, target bows...AND traditional equipment to boot!
The individual testing is a good idea, I think. I know among the rifle manufacturers, Weatherby for one, test fires every, single new rifle off the line, and includes the test target in the box. True, it may be difficult for a bow manufacturer to test every new bow from their line, but for those that are special ordered it should be a requirement. When you go to a dealer to purchase your new equipment, they have pros on staff that can set it up for you, and help you tune it. But when you buy direct, even though you may know how, and may enjoy doing so, who should have to put up with checking over your new bow for proper assembly, loose fastners, properly timed cams, etc.? I'm not saying it happens with every one...but I do know it happens. Add to that the uncertainty of using the factory specs as a guide, and it's enough to give a person a major headache!
Love the birth certificate idea! Seems I remember once upon a time special ordered Martins included the "build by" signature on the sticker. If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember at least one saying something in the order of "made specially for". If they're not still doing it, they should! How much does it cost to print a generic certificate suitable for framing...maybe with a gold foil seal, and signed buy whoever made your bow? Almost nothing! How much does it cost to make a small, laser etched i.d. plate w/ the customer's name? Pennies. But it turns up the knob a couple notches on the Customer Experience Meter! It's the little things....little things like that....that makes a customer proud and happy, and keeps them coming back!

Good ideas and comments, all! Keep'em coming!

Sledge

Magnus777
10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
My apologies to all who have followed this thread with interest. I have not forgotten what we started, nor my commitment. But I have to admit, having never written a formal petition before, I am having a fair amount of trouble putting it together. There aren't really any good examples to follow...nobody doing exactly what we are trying to do. Now, unfortunately, I've run up to, and past a deadline, as I have commited myself to a hunting trip...a trip I was supposed to leave for about...oh...an hour ago!
I will be back in about a week, at which point I will pick up where I left off. In the mean time, if anyone has ANY suggestions, tips, helpfull hints, questions, or even if you just want to recite a dirty lymric...please PM me, and I'll follow up when I get back.
To everyone else heading out to the sacred hunting grounds, keep the wind in your face, the sun at your back, and your feathers dry! Good hunting!

Sledge