PDA

View Full Version : Anybody make their own wrist sling?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
ANYBODY MAKE THEIR OWN WRIST SLING?
Was wondering where the best and cheapest place there is to get para-cord.

Hutch:cool:

Double S
10-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't make my slings as i'm only good at tying knots. lol
Give these a try.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1596085&highlight=paracord+for+sale

Check out this helpful site
http://edcfeatures.blogspot.com/2006/11/make-your-own-special-paracord-lanyards.html

alex
10-12-2011, 11:51 PM
I've used just a piece of stiff rope, Hutch. The paracord slings require a lot of playing and i don't like the result very much. I've bought paracord 550 for about 30 cents per metre, but i'm sure in the States it'll be much cheaper. :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I am a DIY'er and I like to do things like this. I did find a good place for para-chord. Thanks Double S for the links. In the near future I hope to make a better one then I have.

Rangerj
10-13-2011, 07:03 PM
I use a piece of 1 inch wide nylon webbing, been working for years.:cool:

cjchasman
10-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Hutch, I sometimes use old leather belts, cut a piece to size, braid para cord or use thicker diameter nylon (no rot) rope. Leather punch a center main hole for stabilizer bolt attachment and punch 2-3 smaller holes each side of center in the leather for the weave-in of the rope. I just copy cat the ones you can buy in the shops...no new ideas here. The belts can be had cheap at any thrift shop or goodwill store. Can also use soldering iron to burn pattern in the leather. Leather also available at craft shops but usually too pricey.

cj

bfisher
10-14-2011, 06:48 AM
I've got a few older braided wrist slings in a drawer (THE DRAWER) if you know what I mean. I don't even bother with a wrist sling on my newer bows. Two reasons---With the parallel limb technology the bows just don't want to jump away any more, and I have given up hunting, at least for the foreseeable future. Therefore I just couldn't see "junking" the bow up with some add-on that isn't necessary for me.

Don't need the color either. The bows have carbon fiber weave finish so I like keeping that way and not having something gaudy. In fact, I'm thinking of changing the strings on my Alien Z. They're 1 1/2 years old now and about ready. Being as I'm into color coordination I just might go with black and silver to match the bow better. You know. Something that stands out in the crowd by not standing out in the crowd. Let it's shooting do it's talking.

What say you Hutch? You want to make me a set?

MLN1963
10-14-2011, 07:17 AM
What say you Hutch? You want to make me a set?

Does a HE dog have a hang down?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-14-2011, 05:01 PM
I've got a few older braided wrist slings in a drawer (THE DRAWER) if you know what I mean. I don't even bother with a wrist sling on my newer bows. Two reasons---With the parallel limb technology the bows just don't want to jump away any more, and I have given up hunting, at least for the foreseeable future. Therefore I just couldn't see "junking" the bow up with some add-on that isn't necessary for me.

Don't need the color either. The bows have carbon fiber weave finish so I like keeping that way and not having something gaudy. In fact, I'm thinking of changing the strings on my Alien Z. They're 1 1/2 years old now and about ready. Being as I'm into color coordination I just might go with black and silver to match the bow better. You know. Something that stands out in the crowd by not standing out in the crowd. Let it's shooting do it's talking.

What say you Hutch? You want to make me a set?If you like we can! Just pm me your email address. I send the info.

droppixel
02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Diggin' this one up because I'm probably going to be making another sling sometime soon and will be looking for different colors from what I currently have. I have got cord from these guys before, I thought very reasonably priced and good quality too. 5Star (http://stores.ebay.com/Five-Star-EDC?_trksid=p4340.l2563) on ebay.

Looking at one of the GID (glow in dark) black probably and then a neon green of some sort. Would like to run their Neon Green GID and the Urban Camo - but the Neon is out of stock right now.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/281754_855178174232_31101004_40492687_2404704_n.jp g
Solar Orange/Aspen Camo on the Cheetah now.

Sabertooth
01-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Mr paracord was the cheapest ive seen. Btw google tiat knots this will take yer designs to a whole new level, my friends were impressed with theres