PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis

Magnus777
10-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Has anybody else seen this:

http://www.newbreedarchery.com/products/bows/nemesis.htm

I can't quite put my finger on it...but there's something about this bow that seems awfully familiar. ;)

Sledge

peace
10-13-2011, 07:41 AM
When I first saw the offerings from New Breed and those from Elite also I thought hummnn, maybe Martin is subbing out work to other manufacturers, as the bows so clearly showed the legacy of the Martin traditions. When I see the Elites I am always doing a double take wondering if that is a new bow from Martin. The New Breeds would fit right in the line up.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Magnus777
10-13-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. Was beginning to think I was letting my imagination wander too far. The first thing that caught my attention was the model name, "Nemesis". I was wondering if Rytera knew they were partially sharing a model name with New Breed. Then I started looking closer, and I thought, "Hey...wait a minute!"
Of course, Martin is a bow tech innovator. As I understand it, they license quite a few of their patents out to other manufacturers. Of course I could be wrong...but how else would the other brands get away with using so many of Martin's original ideas?
Anywho, thanks for the reply peace!

Sledge

HawgEnvy
10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
how bout the TRG? Athen claims thet released their's first. There was just a thread on AT about it. I'm in the woods,but someone can search AT username Rodney482, it'll only take a sec to get a link to the thread

HawgEnvy
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
here's the link i was talking about.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1391872&page=1

HawgEnvy
10-13-2011, 03:52 PM
another thing i dont understand. Martin stopped using Barnesdale limbs on their bows,but use them on the Rytera line. why? it doesnt make sense. to cut costs to keep the Martin line affordable? i'd rather have a little bit higher price then wonder how long the limbs will last.

NOTE: I,personally,have never had any problems with any of my Martins and will,at some point,buy another.

Magnus777
10-13-2011, 03:56 PM
here's the link i was talking about.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1391872&page=1

Hey, thanks Rodney. I was just getting ready to look that up...got Archery Talk open, but got wrapped up writing an email. Thanks for that link!
Oh wow! That first pic, that's what I intended to do w/ my Orion, put a string stopper on the end of my guide rod, and bend it at an angle so the cable slide would aleviate cam lean. Unfortunately, the cable slide moves all the way to the end of the guide rod, and there's no room for a stopper. So what I'm doing is making the bend for the cable slide to run at an angle, giving me vane clearance at brace height, and zero cam lean at full draw, just like the TRG. And for the string stopper, I'm using a Saunders unit that attaches to the cable rod on the OTHER side of the slide, closest to the riser. Just waiting on a couple parts now.

So, how did it go out in the woods?

Sledge

Magnus777
10-13-2011, 03:57 PM
another thing i dont understand. Martin stopped using Barnesdale limbs on their bows,but use them on the Rytera line. why? it doesnt make sense. to cut costs to keep the Martin line affordable? i'd rather have a little bit higher price then wonder how long the limbs will last.

NOTE: I,personally,have never had any problems with any of my Martins and will,at some point,buy another.

I think Rytera has stopped using them now, too. I believe they've begun using in-house limbs...but someone else may know more about that than me. I tend to agree, though, it's a cost cutting measure.

Sledge

HawgEnvy
10-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey, thanks Rodney. I was just getting ready to look that up...got Archery Talk open, but got wrapped up writing an email. Thanks for that link!
Oh wow! That first pic, that's what I intended to do w/ my Orion, put a string stopper on the end of my guide rod, and bend it at an angle so the cable slide would aleviate cam lean. Unfortunately, the cable slide moves all the way to the end of the guide rod, and there's no room for a stopper. So what I'm doing is making the bend for the cable slide to run at an angle, giving me vane clearance at brace height, and zero cam lean at full draw, just like the TRG. And for the string stopper, I'm using a Saunders unit that attaches to the cable rod on the OTHER side of the slide, closest to the riser. Just waiting on a couple parts now.

So, how did it go out in the woods?

Sledge

i ain't Rodney. But you're welcome. lol.

woods was nice. we got a break in the heat today so i spent most of the day hunting while a storm/cold front was moving in. saw a couple young bucks,but nothing in range.

Magnus777
10-13-2011, 06:40 PM
i ain't Rodney. But you're welcome. lol.

woods was nice. we got a break in the heat today so i spent most of the day hunting while a storm/cold front was moving in. saw a couple young bucks,but nothing in range.

Oops! My bad! I assumed you were Rodney482 on AT, and it was your post. And that's what happens when one assumes... :rolleyes:

Jake-the-snake
10-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Well...other than the name...the only bow it reminds me of is the Firehawk...otherwise, it looks like all the "Cookie Cutter" bows out there

NeilMac
10-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I have a lot of time for the smaller manufacturers, as they are trying to carve a niche in the market and offer the customer what they want.

But, there do seem to be an awful lot of similar offerings. The cams on that Nemesis look almost identical to those on my Athens Excell, so is there a little 'technology sharing' going on?

Who knows, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.

HawgEnvy
10-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Oops! My bad! I assumed you were Rodney482 on AT, and it was your post. And that's what happens when one assumes... :rolleyes:

lol. i have the same username on all the forums im on. makes it easier to remember my log in info and for the others to know who's who.

bfisher
10-14-2011, 06:36 AM
I think Rytera has stopped using them now, too. I believe they've begun using in-house limbs...but someone else may know more about that than me. I tend to agree, though, it's a cost cutting measure.

Sledge

This whole idea of going away from Barnesdale limbs is not a cost cutting procedure per se. Martin had problems with their limbs, mostly 2008 and through part of 2010. They started using the Barnesdale limbs to keep production going on the Rytera line while their R&D developed more reliable limbs, which we now know as the Power Tuff limbs. Once they proved themselves Martin stopped ordering limbs from Dave Barnesdale. Yes, some bows still made it out the door with BD limbs, but that was just till the present stock was used up.

It is my understanding that all the bows in the Martin and Rytera line now come with Power Tuff limbs. Entry level or high end makes no difference. They all get the same limbs, just as they all come with Hammerhead strings.

Don't know if you guys have taken notice, but you don't hear near as much complaining about limbs or strings on the 2011 bows as prior to that. Yes, there are some, but there always will be. Just as you hear isolated cases of the modular risers getting loose. They're man made and not perfect.

NeilMac
10-14-2011, 06:55 AM
I think the redesign of the CAT 2.0 cam into the NITRO 2.0 has also helped with regards to limbs, especially with the Shadowcat. I think that cam was also used by Rytera, but caused less trouble, as they were already using Barnsdale limbs.

Magnus777
10-14-2011, 11:39 AM
This whole idea of going away from Barnesdale...

Good info, very informative. Thank you for your post!

Sledge