PDA

View Full Version : Martin Customer Service?

Kodiak
09-04-2007, 07:29 PM
I have been trying to get new limb bolt washers for my 2000 Phantom through my local pro shop in Oregon and it is turning out to be a real joke. To have something as miniscule as washers take forever when and if they ever show up is beyond me. I had to cancel archery season because of this and that doesn't sit well with a seasoned archer. I was planning on purchasing a new Pantera in the future but am having second thoughts about it. I may go with the new BEAR Instinct or Truth if I can't get the Phantom fixed.:mad:

bfisher
09-04-2007, 07:59 PM
This isn't the norm for Martin. Why don't you call them directly. Ask for Jake or Joel Carter. I'll bet you get some quick satisfaction.

I'm not going to bad mouth your shop as I have no idea how good it is, but washers from just about any bow will fit. With a few exceptions they are all about the same. Why didn't they make this suggestion?

Kodiak
09-04-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't know why they didn't make that suggestion, but I'll bring it up to them then maybe I'll get some satisfaction and a bow that I can shoot. Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

deer dude
09-05-2007, 06:37 PM
call joel at martin and if hes busy on the phone leave your number and im sure he will get back to you.sounds like your shop should have came up with something by now to help you out.

Kodiak
09-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Everything is hunky dory now. The washers showed up and they installed them within an hour of the phone call. They did a complete look over to make sure nothing else was asque. This little washer issue was the vibration that I was having trouble locating and it also tightened up the shot group to what it used to be when new. Twenty yards and it is grouping seven Gold Tips about the size of a silver dollar.:D :D :D

bfisher
09-06-2007, 06:44 AM
See? Their customer service wasn't so bad afterall, was it?

Glad you're back in business.

Kodiak
09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't know what to call the service other than slow, to have something that small take almost a month to arrive 300 miles away is beyond me. I am back in business and those little washers were creating a lot of problems with noise and grouping. Thanks for the support bfisher.

Brianc
09-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Are you talking about the limb bolt washers.
Or the washers that go on the axels?? By the cams.

bfisher
09-07-2007, 12:43 PM
I don't know what to call the service other than slow, to have something that small take almost a month to arrive 300 miles away is beyond me. I am back in business and those little washers were creating a lot of problems with noise and grouping. Thanks for the support bfisher.

Didn't realize it took so long. Sure it wasn't the dealer. Maybe he didn't order them right away? Just a question.

I think we both agree that a couple hundred miles should have taken maybe two or three days. I know when I order something it comes UPS and takes only 5 or 6 days to Pa.

Anyway, glad you got straightened out. How's the bow now?

goat naylor
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
the same thing poped into my head as bfisher about the dealer ..i dont have a dealer to deal with anymore and i go strait to c. service and they were all over my limb problem like dried gum on a park bench....glad to here you are good to go.......goat

Kodiak
09-10-2007, 01:21 PM
It was the limb bolts that broke and the pro shop said they called Martin twice and finally got the washers after almost a month. The bow is much more quiet and it is grouping like a new bow. It will never be like a Pantera or Bengal as for the smoothness and quietness. I am thinking about possibly changing to Dyna system over the Fuzion system to help quiet and smooth things out as much as possible. Thanks everyone for your input.

bfisher
09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
WOW, that's the first time I've heard of limb bolts breaking and I've been shooting compounds for 35 years. I would say that now I've heard it all, but then something else would pop up to make a liar out of me. Live and learn.

I don't know if you want to put a DynaCam on it. The bow is 7 years old. It just might not be cost effective. There is also the possibility that you may have to change limbs. Don't quote me on this one. Joel or Jake would have a better handle on that.

Personally, if I were going to change I'd go with the MPro cam if you like single cams. Easy draw ans smoother.

Me? I like dualies, especially the Nitrous X system. This would be REAL expensiveso I'll won't go any further, except to say that is superior to a sigle cam set up in many ways.

Kodiak
09-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Sorry, I misinformed you it was the washers that broke not the limb bolts. If it were the bolts then I would of had nothing but a pile of junk afterwards and I would have just purchased a new bow. As for the Dyna Cam system on a 7 year old bow, if it meant replacing the limbs then it would not be cost effective. I am just glad the old Phantom is shooting like it did when I bought it. It lost its virginity as a newby on a cow elk on opening weekend of the same year, so it isn't like it hasn't paid for itself or anything. I have nothing but praise for Martin even though it is the first one I have ever owned. Golden Eagles before the Martin.

jtrtmt
09-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Kodiak I know exactly what you’re talking about. I think Martin has the worst customer service I have ever seen. I had a bow break at the end of July that is being covered under warranty. As we speak it is still not fixed and our archery season starts in 11 days. The riser on the bow broke just above where the stabilizer screws in while I was shooting it (talk about scary). They said they would replace the riser and sent out a different riser which they said they would ship that day (They said the riser has the same specs as the bow I had). It didn’t arrive until almost 2 weeks later. Then when it was put together and all my pro shop had to do was put it in the bow press and put the string back on the limbs break. Guess when I shot not all of the energy got transferred to the arrow when it broke. So in another week and a half the limbs finally come in and get put on and the bow gets restrung. When he tried to pull the bow back he can't. When he puts it on the scale it shows 90 lbs with the limb bolts backed all the way out. So he called them on Monday to see why it wasn’t working because he couldn’t figure out what was wrong. All he could think was that it need a different size string (Martin said the string and cable sizes were the same). Martin says they shipped the wrong riser because there are 2 different sizes of the Cougar C4 risers and said that they would next day the right riser. Checked with him today at noon and the riser has not shown up yet. Guess well see if they really shipped it out next day air or not or if they were just saying that. Time will tell.

I had a PSE bow 5 years ago and had something happen to that one and they replaced the limbs on it and they had them here in 2 days and put on and were good to go. I will never do business or buy anything from Martin again. I have told everyone I know about this because there are 5 of us at work that all shoot Martins and now after this none of us will be shooting Martins again. We also all shoot the same bow and they are wondering if thier bows could break as well. I went out and got a new bow last week so I could get back to shooting before the season starts next Saturday since I haven’t shot in almost a month and I normally shoot 5 days a week most of the year. I am now the proud new owner of a Mathews Switchback XT and guess Ill have a bow for sale if and when ever it get done.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e151/jtrtmt/DSC_0004b.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e151/jtrtmt/DSC_0005b.jpg

jtrtmt
09-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Well so much for next day shipping still not here. Hopefully he sent it 2 day.

cdfirefighter1
09-12-2007, 09:20 AM
I have never had a problem with martin CS.. I have had to deal with them 3 times and everytime has been perfect... they are thumbs up in my opinion...have always taken care of me very fast and been very friendly the whole time..

Kodiak
09-12-2007, 12:59 PM
The only problem I have had with Martin is the length of time it took to receive something as simple as limb bolt washers. I live about 300 miles from Walla Walla and it took almost a month to get them. I don't know if it was the outdoor store that dropped the ball or what, they told me that they called them the day I went in. I made periodic stops at the store to see if they had arrived and the owner seemed to be getting a little pissed at me for stopping in. Maybe I should deal with the other shop 12 miles from home instead of this one, yet this is where I bought the bow from. Anyway, I have no other problems with Martin, the product is fine and it has proven itself in the field and on the range.

----------------------

Phantom Fuzion
71# 29" draw
SIMMS limb silencers
6" Stabilizer
Quick-Tune 1000 rest
Four pin sights
Gold Tip 5575

jtrtmt
09-12-2007, 02:27 PM
This is just taking forever. Im a hop and a skip away from my proshop and I have been stoping in just about everyday. My proshop has had to make 4 calls to them and I have been present durring all 4 calls. Their have been a few times he has been bounced around to a few different people while trying to get things taken care of. I really thought I had noting to worry about with this happening in the middle of July that I would have it back in plenty of time before the season opened Sept. 22nd. Guess not. Im getting to the point where I dont even want the bow I just want my money back. I even emailed martin towards the beginning of this off thier web site and never did get a response back from them.