PDA

View Full Version : Primos suing a church group...

HawgEnvy
10-14-2011, 04:58 PM
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1601111&page=3

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Pretty said isn't!!!!

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
10-14-2011, 05:14 PM
This just reinforces what I learned about the business end of archery. Sue happy mongrels. All of them. I've never had an opinion about Primos, but now they've lost any respect I might have had for them.

Arrow Splitter
10-14-2011, 05:17 PM
This just reinforces what I learned about the business end of archery. Sue happy mongrels. All of them. I've never had an opinion about Primos, but now they've lost any respect I might have had for them.x2 Primos is totally wrong.

Double S
10-14-2011, 06:15 PM
That's because it's no longer a sport, heritage, a way of life for them...It's now a business.

Rangerj
10-15-2011, 05:19 PM
That link tells me I don't have permission to access that page. Could someone just hit the high spots for me?

Ehunter
10-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Ranger, it told me the same thing. Guessing it was either pulled, or they are having tech problems.

alex
10-16-2011, 04:32 AM
So what's the story? Forgive me the stupid question, but what is a church group? :)

HawgEnvy
10-16-2011, 08:51 AM
my guess is they pulled the thread. but heres what was being said. idk how much was fact or fiction.

a guy from Huntin' The Truth Ministries posted a thread stating that his Church group was served court papers for a lawsuit filed by Primos(be it the Primos Corp or Will Primos himself,IDK). the Church group which is a non-profit organization that works through area Churches to get youth and adults from all backgrounds get involved in the sport of archery and hunting. they do not make or sell hunting products.

they are being sued for their use of the words "the Truth" as used in the name of their group,Huntin' the Truth ministries,by Primos who also use the word "Truth" in marketing their hunting products and TV series/videos. same words,same meaning,but used in a different context than each other.

Primos uses "Truth" in the context of being "truthful" about hunting. where,when,how,good shots,bad shots...whatever, its "the Truth"

the Church groups use of the word(s) "the Truth" is in reference to God from a passage in the Bible. "I am the Way,the Truth,and the Light. No man comes to the Father,but by Me." They are Huntin' the Truth as in seeking God,Huntin for God,Looking for God,etc in His creation(the woods,the outdoors,the experience of being there witnessing thing that others arent able to or dont want to)

HawgEnvy
10-16-2011, 08:54 AM
http://www.huntinthetruth.org/huntinthetruth.html

MLN1963
10-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Any judge in his right mind would throw the case out based on reading the above. Since judges seem to have no backbone in America anymore I sense a long drown out case for the church.

NeilMac
10-16-2011, 12:44 PM
The Ministry web site says that they were set up in 2005. If Primos started using 'the truth' after that date, then they do not stand a chance, as the ministry will have provenance over the name.

In addition, how can anyone claim any form of copyright over an association that is using text from the Bible? Erm I kinda think the Bible's just a little older than the Primos Corp.

Lastly, Huntin the truth and Huntin; The Truth, are two different phrases, meaning different things.

It's a very sad state of affairs when a corporation sues a non-profit Christian ministry.

Rangerj
10-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the info.

Ehunter
10-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Well, that kinda BS will keep me from every buying another Primos product. Since companies won't keep themselves in check, it looks like it's up to us hunters do it for them. I say boycott any company that acts irresponsibly or irrationally, or in this case, like a bunch of A holes.

alex
10-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info! This whole thing is so ridiculous.

MLN1963
10-18-2011, 05:06 AM
If what we are hearing is true then yes, it is ridiculous! However, we should make sure what we are hearing is in fact 100% factual before we pass judgement.

gravedigger
10-18-2011, 06:03 AM
i know im not going to boycot primos till i know the whole story.all i was able to read when the thread was open on AT was a bit of he said/she said.there probly is a lot more going on then what we know.do yall think a corp would sue a church just because of the word"truth",i doubt it.if that were the case then primos just dugg therer own graves,and that little church group will soon be owning a big chunk of primos.

peace
10-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Joe Schierlinger
ATTENTION EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!

Hunting the Truth Ministries that spreads the gospel of Jesus through taking kids and disabled men and women out hunting and fishing. We have just now officially been served papers and we are being sued for using the word (Truth) by Will Primos and the Primos company. This is the Corporate greed at is finest! We are doing nothing to hurt Primo..................s and they know it!!! We have obtained this legally!! Pray for us as we fight this battle! There is emails and other ways on Primos page to let them know what you think!!!!! I am worried about the Ministry, but also am VERY WORRIED ABOUT MY BROTHERS THAT RUN THIS!!!!!! So please check in to this for us!! Primos vs James Hampton!!! PLEASE RE-POST

From the Hunting the Truth Facebook page.

It is going to be hard to enforce copyright on "The Truth" I would think, I could be wrong but The Truth would primarily have to be in the public domain and free for a non-profit religious organization to use. I think their would have to be more than meets the eye here or Will Primos might not even be aware of what his lawyers might be trying to enforce. Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

This organization and its friends have begun a world wide boycott of Primos products. This could be deadly for Primos especially in this highly volatile and competitive market.

Over the years, I have enjoyed his calls, his shows and I thought the The Truth and The Truth II was a great bow for the archery community. I think if The Seeker 365 had a similar vehicle for public relations as Will Primos and his outdoor show it would have had an even greater impact on the archery community. Archers seemed to be caught in their own inertia and The Seeker 365 is so way out in front. It will take time for the masses to catch up. Rytera carries the tradition of Martin innovation forward into the future. I think the Martins only problems come when they second guess themselves or don't remain true to their heritage. Great Bows and Accessories, Great Company....

Back to your aforementioned regularly scheduled topic!

peace

Note: Primos better smarten up or they will take a whooping just like David whooped Goliath. It won't be pretty. "If God be for us who can be against us."

Smarten Up and Martin Up