PDA

View Full Version : Martin goes over the top!

shoots martin
10-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Feel like I should post that Martin has truly great customer service. I have a 2011 bow that I have had numerious problems with, Martin has went above and beyond to resolve the issues. I would like to thank Martin for going the extra mile.

RoyP
10-15-2011, 11:10 AM
just curious what model bow and what the problems were?

HawgEnvy
10-15-2011, 11:55 AM
and how did they take care of you. come on,man. Elaborate

shoots martin
10-15-2011, 04:03 PM
The bow was an Onza 3, the problems were with the cams, and string. I have been pretty hard on Martin, and quality not being the best. I was really struggling with being loyal to Martin, but thanks to Martin customer service I feel better about purchasing a Martin. I do think they need to really work on quality control, but if they dont, they will make it right.

polaris754
10-15-2011, 11:34 PM
hawg i think u asked the gentleman a question did u get ur answer? keep me updated

MLN1963
10-16-2011, 07:57 AM
It sounds like they tried to make it right but I don't see anything over the top?

SJunior
10-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Sounds like he had some problems with his bow and Martin took care of him. What more does he have to say?

MLN1963
10-16-2011, 08:51 AM
SJ

IMO all they did is try right a screw up of poor quality control. That isn't over the top service IMO, it is doing what is right and taking care of the customer. IMO over he top would be saying we will offer you a new 2112 bow in exchange for your 2011 bow or something like that.

HawgEnvy
10-16-2011, 08:59 AM
SJIMO all they did is try right a screw up of poor quality control. That isn't over the top service IMO, it is doing what is right and taking care of the customer. IMO over he top would be saying we will offer you a new 2112 bow in exchange for your 2011 bow or something like that.

definately would be over the top. what they did was just what they do. no biggie. but i'm glad the OP his happy and taken care of.

SJunior
10-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I guess what I'm trying to get at is the guy is very happy with the service he got why try to knock him down a notch. If he thinks it's over the top then that's what it is.

Don B
10-16-2011, 12:00 PM
I had the lip on the top cam on one of my Shadowcats peel off during a shot causeing it to derail. Martin took care of it no questions asked. This was on a used bow to boot. All it cost me was the price of shipping them the bow, they paid for the return postage. They replaced the cables, string, both cams and went over the complete bow to make sure there wasn't any damage.
Awsome CS as far as I am concerned.
Don.

HawgEnvy
10-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Don,what was the turn-around time on that?

Don B
10-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Don,what was the turn-around time on that?

The bow was sent in on a Tuesday and I got it back a week later.
Why is the post time off by 3 hours for me???? It's 1:55 pm right now.
Don.

SJunior
10-16-2011, 12:09 PM
The only time I had to send a bow to them was in the early '90's when my Lynx hit the ground after my pull up rope broke right when it got to the top. Cracked a limb and they replaced it no charge, except shipping. Took them 3 weeks from the time I sent it to get it back. Thought that was over the top.

kylecurtis04
10-16-2011, 12:51 PM
sounds well over-the-top to me sense it was a used bow. Nice OP. Congrats.

MLN1963
10-16-2011, 01:48 PM
I guess what I'm trying to get at is the guy is very happy with the service he got why try to knock him down a notch. If he thinks it's over the top then that's what it is.

SJunior

Thank you for explaining that. I can see how you could take it that way even though it wasn't meant that way. Just to be perfectly clear, I was not trying to knock him down a notch.

Edit: Fixed iPad mess up.

Arrow Splitter
10-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Don.Because the time zones are messed up on this forum.:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Now a days I guess you could say, any company that fixes mistakes, in their product is going over the top. Not all will fix or repair or give new bows out like Martin has done. Martin may not be perfect, but there are some bow companies that will only do a repair not anything more then that. And IMO they have done more in most cases then just a repair.

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
10-16-2011, 03:37 PM
The bow was sent in on a Tuesday and I got it back a week later.
Don.

You can go into your settings and change the time zone. It is messed up and may not come out to the even hour, but would be closer than 3 hours off. I don't think that will change the time you see remarks being poseted though. I've looked and looked to try to correct it, but it's not within my power to do so. Either that or I'm too dumb to figure it out.

Don B
10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks Berry.
I will try resetting it again.
Don.

HawgEnvy
10-16-2011, 05:35 PM
i hope i didnt come across as an ass. another thumbs up to the Martin CS is no big surprise. We're all used to that. so when i hear "over the top"... OP's service is typical and not at all surprising. Martin's just awesome like that!:cool:

shoots martin
10-16-2011, 05:47 PM
I did send my bow back to the factory. They put new cams on, also strings and cable, and greased everything. I guess I titled it over the top, because I was hard on them in past post, and actually gave up on Martin. Hope the new parts have taken care of all the problems.

bfisher
10-17-2011, 03:19 AM
I did send my bow back to the factory. They put new cams on, also strings and cable, and greased everything. I guess I titled it over the top, because I was hard on them in past post, and actually gave up on Martin. Hope the new parts have taken care of all the problems.

We hope so, too. Can't stand to hear a grown man cry. LOL!

As Hutch has said, we have read, heard, or experienced the type of CS that Martin provides over and over that it takes a lot to imagine "Over the Top" service. Everybody has to consider that the CS and warranty dept do not design or manufacture the parts and/or materials used to make up the bows. They just have to deal with repair/replacement issues in an effort to keep customers happy. To that end they do a magnificent job. Maybe we shold convey that thought to them personally when we get a chance.

peace
10-17-2011, 10:38 AM
We hope so, too. Can't stand to hear a grown man cry. LOL!

As Hutch has said, we have read, heard, or experienced the type of CS that Martin provides over and over that it takes a lot to imagine "Over the Top" service. Everybody has to consider that the CS and warranty dept do not design or manufacture the parts and/or materials used to make up the bows. They just have to deal with repair/replacement issues in an effort to keep customers happy. To that end they do a magnificent job. Maybe we shold convey that thought to them personally when we get a chance.

Good stuff right there on top of the fact that this is just an all around great thread as folks have made an effort to explain themselves when their original intentions might have been misunderstood, which is easy to happen on a forum. Good folks here, and at Martin also. Excuse me, I am having a Huggy Bear Moment, LOL! :rolleyes:

Smarten Up and Martin Up

HawgEnvy
10-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Good stuff right there on top of the fact that this is just an all around great thread as folks have made an effort to explain themselves when their original intentions might have been misunderstood, which is easy to happen on a forum. Good folks here, and at Martin also. Excuse me, I am having a Huggy Bear Moment, LOL! :rolleyes:

Smarten Up and Martin Up

i'm down widda hugin'

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
i'm down widda hugin'But you will hurt his feelings!

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
10-17-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm liking the comments and jokes we're getting here. Maybe this site is getting back to what it once was; a friendly place to visit. Well done, gentlemen.