PDA

View Full Version : Did some shooting, hows it look?

Don B
10-16-2011, 06:27 AM
I did some shooting on my side yard yesterday and played with my camera and filmed it.
I placed a chunck of blue tape on the wall for a reference point and forgot to oull it off...lol
So what would you all see that I might need to improve on?
Be honest, thanks.
Don.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buya3aQ5uGA

Double S
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Looks like your sight fell off. lol. Just kidding. it looks good to me Don.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-17-2011, 03:40 PM
You could shoot better if you kept your eyes open! Ha Ha!! lol Nice shooting Don.
But I still think your wife can beat you! :rolleyes:

Hutch:cool:

Don B
10-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Bill,
Sue does out shoot me, she beats me all the time....wink, wink.
Don.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Bill,
Sue does out shoot me, she beats me all the time....wink, wink.
Don.It's probably that red string!:rolleyes: just kidding. It is true women are better gun and bow shooters.
I have four of them at home to prove it!

Hutch:cool:

peace
10-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey Don, Very good shooting, had to remind myself you are shooting fingers as the release seemed to be impeccable. Good groups. You seem to have consistent form. I am not into critiquing or being critiqued based upon some idea of perfect form, as it seems you have evolved to that place of personal comfort and consistency. Keep flinging and having fun.

You could give us some narration and some musical background even. We won't mind. Talk about how great it feels to shoot an arrow, tell us about that great bow you are using and those fancy arrows. Come on man, open up. peace 

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Don B
10-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey Don, Very good shooting, had to remind myself you are shooting fingers as the release seemed to be impeccable. Good groups. You seem to have consistent form. I am not into critiquing or being critiqued based upon some idea of perfect form, as it seems you have evolved to that place of personal comfort and consistency. Keep flinging and having fun.

You could give us some narration and some musical background even. We won't mind. Talk about how great it feels to shoot an arrow, tell us about that great bow you are using and those fancy arrows. Come on man, open up. peace 

Smarten Up and Martin Up

You are to funny. My wife said I should of kept my mouth closed and not talked......LOL
Don.

rdhj
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
i saw your other video where you swirled your riser and saw your archerytalk posting with the pics of the arrows...tried it on my arrow and had some issues....metallic paint didnt lay right and vanes fell off on 2nd shot.....any probs with yours? what paint and glue did you use

bfisher
01-02-2012, 04:27 AM
Stop looking at the camera. You're too ugly to be a movie star. On a serious note, that's good shooting for fingers and no sight What was the distance or did I miss that part.

Don B
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Stop looking at the camera. You're too ugly to be a movie star. On a serious note, that's good shooting for fingers and no sight What was the distance or did I miss that part.

I will take your advice Barry and not look at the camera anymore...LOL. I also am not going to talk on them, just add some music.
I was shooting 20 yards.
Don.

Spiker
01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Do you come to full draw - anchor - then pull up onto the target and release?

Scott

Don B
01-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Do you come to full draw - anchor - then pull up onto the target and release?

Scott

Scott,
Yes thats what I do I have always shot that way. I have been working on holding on target longer and I have been able to bring my Vegas 300 round scores up. My average has gone from 235 to the mid to hight 270's. I am going to have to bring it up still before I head to Vegas, I will have to be able to average mid 280's to be able to win my class.
Don.

Spiker
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm just glad to hear that I'm not the only one who comes onto target from the 'wrong' direction. :)
Actually I bring the bow up to the X like this ---------> /