PDA

View Full Version : First Tom with archery equipment...

parttimr
10-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Well tonight was the first for me taking a nice Tom. He came in with three others and was the longest beard but maybe the second largest body wise. Forgot to weigh him but he had 1 inch spurs and an 8 inch beard, slightly smaller than my first last year with gun. Shot him at 12 yds broadside and he went 10 yds and found him in a thorn bush buried wouldn't you know. Arrow was total pass thru and found it 25 yds past the hit. The Muzzy MX3 did it's job and a huge exit hole. Hope it does as good on the deer this yr.

Double S
10-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Well done and Congrats. Sweet Pics!.

NuttyNative
10-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Right on!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Well congrats Brad, I see the Bengal is showing well. I hope mine does too! How well did you see those bright arrows?

Hutch:cool:

parttimr
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone pretty exciting to say the least. @ Hutch those colors proved very helpful finding the arrow. It was in the same thorn bushes as the bird was but deeper and it was a pain literally getting to it but without those bright colors probably would have not been found. Bengal did it's job quite well for the first hunt with all new equipment since I updateed from my 15 yr old PSE, lol. Now gotta put the deer down when the opportunity comes. The Muzzy definitely leaves a large hole.

Spiker
10-17-2011, 05:26 AM
Thumbs up.! :D