PDA

View Full Version : 2012 The Scepter V Reigns SUPREME

peace
10-22-2011, 10:47 AM
King of X Busting, LORD Foam Killer, The King to Wear The Crown must have The Scepter V... The Scepter V Reigns SUPREME

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Double S
10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
I want one too. I can't stop drooling. Put some Flame colored strings on it.

justin
10-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Yeah, i might have to have one...

madlaz
10-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know the price of a scepter 5.

MLN1963
10-24-2011, 05:42 AM
I haven't seen any prices on 2012s yet. Maybe they are waiting to set the prices based on what other companies are doing?

Spiker
10-24-2011, 07:48 AM
If there was 8 or ten or so on here that wanted one, and a friendly Pro Shop willing to make the order
and set us up - - - I wonder if there could be a MTF bulk discount? ? ?

bcriner
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
The only issue with that is all 8 or 10 of us would have to drive to that one pro shop to pick it up. You cannot ship them to customers. Only sold over the counter. That would not be convenient for most of us.

Spiker
10-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Whaddya mean a new bow cant be shipped?

gravedigger
10-24-2011, 09:29 AM
The only issue with that is all 8 or 10 of us would have to drive to that one pro shop to pick it up. You cannot ship them to customers. Only sold over the counter. That would not be convenient for most of us.

all the dealers in my area that i have talked to have no problem shipping out bows.my reson for asking them is this.when i go to test shoot as many new martins as i can,and if i want to buy one i want one that has not been test shot by everyone one and there mom.so i asked them if i shot one that i liked would they order me one and ship it to my house if they dont allready have one that has not been shot.the answer was heck ya.a sale is a sale even if they have to go out of there way to make people happy.

and a side note...i dont live to far from martin so a pick up from the factory would not be out of the question.besides i would LOVE to have 8 or so new bows rolling around in my rig.lol

Don B
10-24-2011, 10:33 AM
I think the red riser would look wicked with a yellow swirl, red and yellow cables and string.
Don.

bcriner
10-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Just stating what the pro series dealer agreement is. Pro series bows like the Scepter cannot be shipped to someone. I don't deny that it isn't done. Just stating what the agreement is so that if you get a better price from a dealer farther away than you do for a local dealer, that other dealer cannot ship it to you. It is to protect dealer territories.

peace
10-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Do the Rytera's operate under the same agreement? How do you get those? I know the Pro Series are supposed to come through the Pro Shops and you can get the Gold Series through big box stores and mail order. But how do you get an Alien Z? Or even a Seeker. I know prayer helps but what are the channels. :cool:

Smarten Up and Martin Up

CarlosII
10-24-2011, 12:06 PM
I think the red riser would look wicked with a yellow swirl, red and yellow cables and string.
Don.

i was thinkin' red and black on the cable and string.

madlaz
10-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Remember the boy scout saying red and yeller kill a feller but if you add a little black you are safe lol

NeilMac
10-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Given that there are only two Martin dealers in the whole of the UK, I suspect I could get one shipped to me if I asked.

Don,
red and yellow..... NICE.

Or yellow and black, or my all time favourite, orange.

I have a Shadowcat with the leopard spot finish....not my favourite.

Of the current colours, red or skulz would do me.

Don B
10-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Given that there are only two Martin dealers in the whole of the UK, I suspect I could get one shipped to me if I asked.

Don,
red and yellow..... NICE.

Or yellow and black, or my all time favourite, orange.

I have a Shadowcat with the leopard spot finish....not my favourite.

Of the current colours, red or skulz would do me.

Neil,
You want one of your Shadowcat risers done?
Just pic the colors and I will do up some samples for you, you pay shipping round trip and I will hook you up.
Don.

NeilMac
10-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the offer Don, but the 'spotty cat' is going to a new home shortly, as I really do have too many bows.

bcriner
10-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Don,

Do you powdercoat risers?

madlaz
10-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Don dips them into swirling colors they really look neat look for his threads on this site.

Don B
10-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Don,

Do you powdercoat risers?
Sorry I don't do powdercoating.
Like my buddy Laz stated I do swirling with paint.
Do a search under my name for painted my bow.
Don.

CarlosII
10-29-2011, 03:40 AM
i noticed the ad says there's 10 mounting points in the riser for stabilizers. that seems like a lot of holes in the riser to me.

bfisher
10-29-2011, 03:49 AM
i noticed the ad says there's 10 mounting points in the riser for stabilizers. that seems like a lot of holes in the riser to me.

Yeah, but a lot of adjustablility for balance.. Even without those holes there would be some machined cutouts to lighten the riser so it's not something I would worry about.

Arrow Splitter
10-29-2011, 05:02 AM
i noticed the ad says there's 10 mounting points in the riser for stabilizers. that seems like a lot of holes in the riser to me.The only thing is, there's only one stabilizer hole shown in the catalog photo?:confused:

bfisher
10-29-2011, 05:21 AM
The only thing is, there's only one stabilizer hole shown in the catalog photo?:confused:

Look more closely. There are two at each end of the riser near the VEM, 4 if you use them on both sides. There are four in the sight window (?). There is the normal front one below the grip and one in the back if you choose to use it for a counterbalance instead of the carbon fiber STS. Some play on words there as I don't know who would use any in the sight window, but?????????? At least that's the ones I see. Or maybe those in the sight window are for mounting the sight higher or lower, but they appear to be larger than 10x24.

I kind of like the lower ones above the VEM. Add all the weight you want right there to help the bow hang more vertical.

NeilMac
10-29-2011, 05:25 AM
The only thing is, there's only one stabilizer hole shown in the catalog photo?:confused:

There look to be six stabiliser holes and four sight mounting holes (great move, thank you Martin).

Arrow Splitter
10-29-2011, 05:30 AM
I see now. Thanks guys.