PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!!!!!!!

NuttyNative
10-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Don't know if any of you have seen this yet or where it happened other than a Bass Pro Shop. It was emailed from a fellow bow hunter.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/pic26218.jpg
This photo was taken on a cell phone last week after the guy took his friend to Bass Pro Shop to buy his first bow. The clerk was 'assisting' him in zeroing it in, and, after shooting several arrows, making adjustments etc., the clerk accidently handed him an arrow that was too short. When he drew back, the arrow tip fell down onto his hand and he somehow released it. They rode to the hospital with the bow in his buddy's hand because it impaled his finger also! They are both archery amateurs (I'm thinking the clerk is also?). I don't think the guy who got shot ever had held a bow prior, let alone shoot one...OUCH!

MLN1963
10-22-2011, 06:10 PM
If he released it he would have a pass thru. Maybe he just let it down?

Arrow Splitter
10-22-2011, 06:18 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Ehunter
10-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Good thing noone has come up with Ninja compound bow underwear. lol

boobowbender
10-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Maybe the guys at bass pro shop should stick with fishin tackle!
I remember asking a guy at gander mt one day if he could tell me where the closest archery pro shop was, needless to say he was a little offended and told me this was as close to a pro shop as i was going to get. I laughed. This was after i tried to order a string for an old recurve and they couldn't get it right after 3 tries!!!
Maybe the big box stores need to leave some things to professionals. its too bad so many people put their trust in these retail chains

Arrow Splitter
10-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Maybe the guys at bass pro shop should stick with fishin tackle!
NO!!!! Fish hooks are sharp!!!

boobowbender
10-23-2011, 05:20 PM
you guys in NH are pretty funny. you should tell your dad - Boo says "nice swagger wagon"

peace
10-24-2011, 12:44 AM
That image is really a good shot. Hope the individual that happened to makes out all right, medically and monetarily. Newbies will trust the big box stores. It is probably the first place they will go.

Glad that wasn't in a backyard with a broadhead. That short arrow is a negligence case for sure.

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Ford
10-25-2011, 07:42 AM
He is probably saying, "I would like my own bass pro shop, and a new bow every year for life......., uhhh make that a crossbow......."