PDA

View Full Version : Martin 2012 Bow Line Up

Bart Thring
10-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Wife will be Pissed she was looking forward to a new Martin bow for 2012 and there are no short draw bows (23" DL) is Martin losing the plot
Please tell me if I am #@$%#$# wrong

MLN1963
10-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Does she have to have a 2012 bow? If so there are other manufactures that will suit her needs. Their gain, Martin's loss.

MLN1963
10-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Would a recurve work better for her?

Bart Thring
10-23-2011, 02:24 PM
She is a Martin girl through and through and she finds it hard to think of a another brand of bow in her hand but she will be getting a new bow for 2012

MLN1963
10-23-2011, 02:44 PM
You can't buy what they don't offer. What other bows are you looking at?

archerx7
10-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Not for sure..........but I don't think that we have seen the entire line. I just can't imagine that they would have dropped the Leopard without replacing it with something similar or would have done away with the short draw Nitro cam on the Crossfire.........just thinking outloud........

cyclepath
10-23-2011, 08:23 PM
She is a Martin girl through and through and she finds it hard to think of a another brand of bow in her hand but she will be getting a new bow for 2012

Seriously, I'm not a mathews dealer, however, once again I have to bring up the new mission bows. Short ata, super adjustable dl and dw.
You are not going to find a nicer bow at a better price that will fit such a wide variety of people. :cool:

MLN1963
10-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Here is something that may be perfect for your wife although it is not a Martin. The new Bear Outbreak is a bow that sports a massive draw weight range of 15 to 70 lbs and draw lengths from 16 to 30″, all while achieving an IBO rating of 308 fps. Bear actually has 4 bows that would fit the bill for her 23" draw: Outbreak, Siren, Home Wrecker and Apprentice 2.

http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/compound-bows

Bart Thring
10-25-2011, 04:03 AM
I find it funny that none of the big Martin boys haven't commented on this thread so could it be that they have egg on there face or they really don't care about the short draw archery.

MLN1963
10-25-2011, 05:44 AM
I find it funny that none of the big Martin boys haven't commented on this thread so could it be that they have egg on there face or they really don't care about the short draw archery.

I haven't been around that long but I have never seen a post by the big boys nor would I expect them to.

gravedigger
10-25-2011, 06:22 AM

dont expect anyone of great importance from martin to post here,they might do a bit of reading from time to time but i think thats about it.

mission craze would fit your wife.a good friend of mine got one,he is elk hunting with it,ez to draw,dead in the hand,very quiet,DW goes from 15 to 70lbs draw 15 to 31 i think.i dont care for the bow because the ATA is 26".it looks like a cute bow.lol

Bart Thring
10-27-2011, 11:45 PM
so no one has any answers as to why Martin gave short draw bows the fick

MLN1963
10-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Maybe there is a new design on the way? Maybe they don't sell enough to make it worth carrying one?

elkslayer4x5
10-28-2011, 05:28 AM
In the last few years, Martin has dropped the longer draw bows. If you did a survey, I think that you'd find that most on this board have a short draw length, as mentioned, find it difficult to believe that Martin has dropped the Leopard without having another bow to take it's place in the line-up.

archerdad
10-29-2011, 04:24 PM
just give their customer service a call and see if they can come up with something for her...

Bowhunter_IL_BT
10-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Id look into a Bowtech Heartbreaker. I just went to one 6 weeks ago and it goes down to 22.5 inch draw and its the best short draw bow on the market. I am a fan of Martin bows and used to shoot a Cheetah. Im a short draw guy and wanted to pick up the extra speed. The bow is simply amazing !!! In 2012 Bowtech is coming out with the Assassin SD which is the same as the Heartbreaker but 70 lbs limb max. Bowtech will still have the Heartbreaker out for 2012.

Wife will be Pissed she was looking forward to a new Martin bow for 2012 and there are no short draw bows (23" DL) is Martin losing the plot
Please tell me if I am #@$%#$# wrong

MLN1963
11-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Bowtech will still have the Heartbreaker out for 2012.

I read somewhere that the Assassin is BowTech's number one selling bow. I have shot one and they have hit a home run with it. Fast, nice draw, great finish, good price. If one ever turns up cheap on Craigslist or locally I will buy it.

Bowhunter_IL_BT
11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I read somewhere that the Assassin is BowTech's number one selling bow. I have shot one and they have hit a home run with it. Fast, nice draw, great finish, good price. If one ever turns up cheap on Craigslist or locally I will buy it.

The Heartbreaker is an Assassin but made for short draw archers with slightly different cams. If your a short draw archer your still better off with the Heartbreaker at a 26 inch draw with 60 lbs max then you are if you used an Assassin with same settings. The Assassin is definetly a winner no doubt about it. May take a little while to find one used fairly cheap. I have a feeling the new Bowtech lineup will be better this year.

MLN1963
11-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I think the HB would be a little short for me. All the bow companies are making such nice stuff they all need to be at the top of their game.

Bowhunter_IL_BT
11-02-2011, 09:43 AM
I think the HB would be a little short for me. All the bow companies are making such nice stuff they all need to be at the top of their game.

I posted this up about the Heartbreaker for the original poster cause they were looking for a great short draw bow. You are correct about how all bow companies have to stay on top of their game. One thing I can say about Martin is that their great Customer Service will help them stay up. I honestly think Mathews is starting to fade a little. Im glad cause their bows are overated. Id raether buy a nice Martin for half the price.

darkember
11-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Just curious, from reading all these comments it seems to me that each year people need to buy the next best thing. Is it a macho thing or a fashion statement??

I have not been in this sport very long but from all my research so far most decently priced bows perform very closely to each other provided they are well maintained.

My next point is that it may take 3-4 puchases to find the bow that fits you like a glove. For me the Hoyt was unnatural & was very jerky on the draw compared to the martin I now own. Once you find that perfect bow why would one go & spend another 700 bucks for the latest model only to find it will not suit your firing style & you will always go back to your faithful old bow.

NeilMac
11-02-2011, 01:29 PM
My next point is that it may take 3-4 puchases to find the bow that fits you like a glove. Once you find that perfect bow why would one go & spend another 700 bucks for the latest model only to find it will not suit your firing style & you will always go back to your faithful old bow.

That's a good question and one I ask myself every year when I see 'new model fever' taking over various forums.

On the other hand, I do like to benefit from the rush; both my Shadowcats were bought from classified adverts and one was less than six months old.

It's an ill wind and all that.

MLN1963
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Some folks just like to change frequently to see what they like. If you have the means why not? It's better than spending it on drugs and hookers. :cool:

Bart Thring
11-07-2011, 12:17 AM
I think that the question has not been answered and the reason my wife wants a new bow is so she can go to a sighted bow for field target archery, the leopard she shoots at the moment lacks a little bit of speed for the target game and anyway if she wants a new bow it her choice. This brings me to a question with the 2012 cougar bow can you get it with 1.5 nitro cams and will this reduce the draw length to 23.5 or has the 1.5 nitro cam been given the flick as well. AND BY THE WAY I SENT A EMAIL TO TECH SUPPORT ABOUT THE SHORT DRAW QUESTION OVER 10 DAYS AGO AND STILL HAVE NOT GOT A REPLY WHAT IS GOIN ON.?????!!!!!!

bcriner
11-07-2011, 02:32 AM
No. THe draw lengths on the Cougar are already using the Nitro 2.0 and 1.5 to get the range listed. They did not make it clear that the 1.5 cam is used on the low side of their listed draw lengths and the 2.0 is used on the upper side of the draw lengths. There is not one Nitro cam covering the full draw range.

HawgEnvy
11-07-2011, 04:14 AM
I think that the question has not been answered and the reason my wife wants a new bow is so she can go to a sighted bow for field target archery, the leopard she shoots at the moment lacks a little bit of speed for the target game and anyway if she wants a new bow it her choice. This brings me to a question with the 2012 cougar bow can you get it with 1.5 nitro cams and will this reduce the draw length to 23.5 or has the 1.5 nitro cam been given the flick as well. AND BY THE WAY I SENT A EMAIL TO TECH SUPPORT ABOUT THE SHORT DRAW QUESTION OVER 10 DAYS AGO AND STILL HAVE NOT GOT A REPLY WHAT IS GOIN ON.?????!!!!!!

call,don't email. they'll answer the phone. just pay attention to the diff in time zones so you're calling during business hours...Washington time

kylecurtis04
11-07-2011, 05:25 AM
See if you can get a custom order. I have heard that they do custom order & they are pretty reasonable.

Bowhunter_IL_BT
11-09-2011, 06:12 AM

Bowtech's Heartbreaker just came out with a new awesome Razzberry color. Here is the perfect target bow for her. DL goes down to 22.5 she will get blazing speeds with a light arrow.

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/#/productBreakdown?r=products_products&i=15