PDA

View Full Version : A mini van!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-23-2011, 04:45 PM
A suburban to a minivan yikes! I needed a second vehicle. And never thought I would buy a minivan.

I must be getting old:(

Hutch:cool:

boobowbender
10-23-2011, 04:54 PM
hey i'm way way younger than you and i think thats a sweet ride. i wanted a mini van and was rejected by my old lady(24). great gas mileage, cush ride, capt seats what else do you want? oh yeah 4 wheel drive and your dignity back! ;) just joshing ya, it might grow on ya
just saw in fur fish and game that those cheap kiddie pools make great game carriers to keep blood and fur off the family grocery getter

boobowbender
10-23-2011, 04:55 PM
i'm sorry, don't have me banned!;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Well bobowbender, Its tough riding in a suburban for years and years. Ya run over who ever you want. Go wherever you want. Now I am reduced to it rides nice! :rolleyes: What about four wheeling? HUH!

peace
10-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Hutch how I know the feeling, I went from big bad pickups, custom vans and fast full size rides that could do the quarter in 11's and 12's and now :rolleyes: I have been reduced to a Ford Aerostar, same color and everything LOL! :rolleyes:

Smarten Up and Martin Up

Ehunter
10-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Hutch, don't underestimate that thing as a hunting rig. I was out pheasant hunting years ago, and watched a minivan go places we were kinda scared to try in a built 4WD Blazer. That thing was plowing through snow hood deep, and not even showing any signs of slowing down. Saw it at the local restaurant later, and it showed no signs of being 4WD, or having had any modifications to it. I was VERY impressed.

gravedigger
10-24-2011, 06:43 AM
i would not recomend doing this but it has been done:i have takin a mini van places i would only take my 4runner,deeper snow then some would go,mud holes most would pass on,caught more air(all 4 tires off the ground)then the guy next to me in his 4x4.and it still went like a champ.keep in mind here it was a rally beat to **** mini van we got for free but it did things that made my jaw drop.

i would not mind getting a nice one for a family rig......but i wont:D

HawgEnvy
10-24-2011, 07:18 AM
it aint all bad,Hutch. beats trying to stuff a deer into the trunk of a Lumina. lol. i'd really like to have another AWD Astro van. that's a good hunting/family vehicle

gravedigger
10-24-2011, 07:48 AM
if the back seats come out then you could make a slide in/out tray for the back to haul your deer.we made one out of a old tuck bed liner.had to do some cutting a plastic welding to get a good fit but it worked great

bfisher
10-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Used to have an '83 4wd Suburban. Then got an Astrovan in 1999. Economics speaks once in a while. It's not so bad Hutch. A minivan is really quite useful once you learn where not to take them. Just like buying a new bow. You'll adjust quite well in time.

Double S
10-24-2011, 10:01 AM
I have a Ford Expedition but I would rather take my Saab 92-x hunting. it's all wheel drive, gets great mileage and I don't stick out as a hunter. The Saab 92-x is basically a Subaru Impreza. Some deal Saab and Subaru had just for two years. I love this wagon and yes, I've stuck a deer carcass in the back. It's a 2005 and I have over 250,000 miles on it. I will be getting rid of it this winter and buy a new Subaru Forester. I only use the Expedition for trash hauling. it gets horrible mileage.
Two important Questions Hutch.....

1. Does it have remote control side doors? will it open while doing 5 mph?

2. Do you have ATA room for your bow be pulled back to full draw while seated in the middle row? :cool:

Of course, someone else would have to drive :rolleyes:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Two important Questions Hutch.....

1. Does it have remote control side doors? will it open while doing 5 mph?

2. Do you have ATA room for your bow be pulled back to full draw while seated in the middle row? :cool:

Of course, someone else would have to drive :rolleyes:

1. yep

2. yep

Arrow Splitter ;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-24-2011, 01:48 PM
On the serious note! I kept the Suburban. I am going to put it out front and see if it sells. If not I am going to fix all the problems with it. Then I will get out the compressor and spray gun. ONE CAMO HUTCH~N~SON ARCHERY LLC. SUBURBAN COMING UP!

gravedigger
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
On the serious note! I kept the Suburban. I am going to put it out front and see if it sells. If not I am going to fix all the problems with it. Then I will get out the compressor and spray gun. ONE CAMO HUTCH~N~SON ARCHERY LLC. SUBURBAN COMING UP!

in that case put it up for 10,000 then for sure you will have your camo cruzer

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-24-2011, 02:12 PM
in that case put it up for 10,000 then for sure you will have your camo cruzerYeah but I have a wife!!! and she can read. With the way the economy is it might not sell. So the welder and the sprayer and the compressor will get a workout. I probably won't raise it because it has torsion bars for the front suspension. But with bigger rims and tires that should bring it up a bit. I will modify the exhaust, intake, and the ecm. That would make it a little more manly.

Don B
10-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Hutch,
Does it have frame rails up front or does everything bolt to the body?
If it has frame rails, it's a 2 weekend job swapping a front drive axle, trans and t-case into it ifin ya'll know how to do fabrication and welding work.
I built this from the frame up. It was a compition rockcrawler that was set up for the street.
Don.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Nice job! I use to build quite a bit. But haven't in a while. I don't know if I will go to that extreme. But I will do something a little extreme. That's if it doesn't sell. If it does then I go looking for a toy to build.:rolleyes: