PDA

View Full Version : What model do I have?

Unregistered
09-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I just purchased a Martin "Monster Buck Hunter" bow from Dick's Sporting Goods. I need to purchase cams to adjust the draw length. Does anyone know what Model I have?

bfisher
09-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I have no idea what it is. Martin won't have a model to coiinside with it. It's most likely a model made by Martin to Dick's requirements. Can you say what cam is being used or describe it? When did you buy the bow.

I'm pretty sure that all the present cams have either a rotating module or changeable modules for draw length.

deanrm
09-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I believe Martin uses the Lepoard riser and puts the standard M-Pro cam on it. I think you can use the same modules as the M-Pro cam modules.

It is a really cool bow package. For $349, I think it would be really hard to beat!

bfisher
09-12-2007, 11:52 AM
deanrm just might have given you your answer. Try looking on www.martinarchery at the bow and try to match it up. If it is the MPro cam you can just change the module for a few dollars. In fact you can buy the whole set of 7 mods for about $20.

deanrm
09-13-2007, 11:09 AM
I would go back to Dick's and see if they have the module set. It would seem that Martin would supply the set with the bows and Dick's may not be giving the modules to the customers. Just a guess.

If Dick's can't help, call Martin Customer Service. They absoultely rock! I can't believe the people who have negative comments regarding their customer service. I guess there is always two sides to the story.

TLIBERTY
09-17-2007, 08:11 AM
I just bought the same bow yesterday from dicks and it came with all of the cams:) . They only forgot the wrench :( for the weight adjustment.
It seems to be a very good bow, after shooting for a couple of hours I have it grouping great.
Not the smoothest bow I have ever shot but much better then what I had before.
I am sure Dicks will have the cams somewhere, just go back and ask the clerk.
Good luck.
Tom.