PDA

View Full Version : New bow on the way!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Well the daughter is going to be 14years old on Nov 7. So I bought her a brand new bow. Wish Martin had made one that we could have bought. But I was a bad boy, I got her a Missions Craze it anodized pink tiger. Have to wait for it. But it will be great to have all the kids shooting. The wife is going to try it. If she likes it guess I better sell more strings! 2012 Missions Craze on the way.

Hutch:cool:

MLN1963
10-27-2011, 02:24 PM
She will love it no matter the name on it. You will be the coolest dad ever that day. You know she is gonna want some pink and _______ strings for it too!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-27-2011, 02:38 PM
She will love it no matter the name on it. You will be the coolest dad ever that day. You know she is gonna want some pink and _______ strings for it too!Pink and black strings come on it. I bought it stripped. We have the sight and rest. But we wanted to buy a few things here and there. To make it girly. Very versatile bow.

IBO Rate Up to 306 fps
Physical Weight 3.6 lbs.
Axle to Axle 28"
Brace Height 7.5"
Let-off 80%
Riser Extruded
Draw Weight 15 - 70 lbs
Finish (Riser/Limbs) Lost Camo AT
Draw Length 19 - 30"
Silencers D-Amplifiers™
Suppressors N/A
Cam(s) N/A
Cable Guard Carbon Rod
Bowstrings Zebra® Hybrid
String Length 55 3/4"
Grip Composite
Cable Length 30 7/8"
MSRP $299.00 (Bow Only)

* All specifications are approximate.
** Without accessories.

MLN1963
10-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah, but you know she will come up with her own colors before long. LOL

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah, but you know she will come up with her own colors before long. LOLYeah she picked the color of the bow. And she will come up with the new colors of the strings. Now to shop for a stabilizer and build some wrist slings. The bow will take a bit before we get it, so now is the time to pull all the accessories together. Its a whole new world for me its not a martin. I will give you guy a review when we get it.
Rats its pink tiger! I can't use it!:(

Money Man
10-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I just saw this the other day, Victory has VForce arrows in pink; http://www.victoryarchery.com/carbon-arrows/pink-arrow-project/vforce-pink/

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-27-2011, 03:43 PM
I just saw this the other day, Victory has VForce arrows in pink; http://www.victoryarchery.com/carbon-arrows/pink-arrow-project/vforce-pink/Wow pink pink pink. That is girls for ya.

gravedigger
10-27-2011, 05:09 PM
thats a quiet,hard hitting bow your getting her bill.my good buddy bought a 2011 crazy and it shoots nice(for him).i tryed shooting it but i was a good foot and a half off target.dont know if it because it was 27 or 28" ATA but i could not shoot it to save my life.lol

hasa smooth draw,dead in the hand,solid wall.

HawgEnvy
10-27-2011, 05:20 PM
my daughter's boyfriend has one. i made him bring it over to shoot. told him he had to prove himself a good shot if he expected to hang with my daughter. he shot like he had a forty point buck in his sights. i terrified the poor boy. lol.

anyway,it seems to be a solid bow. i couldnt shoot it like i wanted. he's a little midget arm punk w a 25" dl. i'll be looking into them though. $299+tax for a bow that will fit everyone is a good deal. it seems to have good speed and is way quiet.

Money Man
10-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Wow pink pink pink. That is girls for ya.

Well, I have two girls myself, 3 and 5. They may have to settle for pink someday, as purple is tough to come by.

Sharxfan
10-27-2011, 05:58 PM
My girls turn 7 in 8 days. when we went to Academy the other day they saw a pink bow and wanted me to get it. I told them they had to learn how to use the little D bow I got for them and then we would talk. Haven't been able to take them out shooting much as the mosquitos were especially bad this year. It is cooling off now so hopefully I can get some time in to teach them to shoot.

Double S
10-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Congrats on the new bow purchase. I hear great thing about that bow. There's nothing wrong with Pink. Deer can't tell the difference between a pink or camo bow when they are hoof's up in the air. I love Pink on my fletching and used Victory Pink arrows VForce arrows in the past. They fly great and are much easier to recover after pass through's.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/Reviews/VictoryPinkArrows2.jpg

There's a Old Post on AT that I'm trying to find that might help you out with some Pink Options for your daughters bow.
Found it!

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=890091&page=1&highlight=Pink+products

Money Man
10-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Hunters friend also has a whole section of pink products.

MLN1963
10-28-2011, 04:10 AM
Of course you can shoot it Hutch. It will just make all the guys that much madder when you out shoot them with a "girls" bow. :cool:

DoubleS, Those arrows look very easy to see against the background! My wife has some but they are collecting dust in the closet. :(

Double S
10-28-2011, 04:56 AM
Of course you can shoot it Hutch. It will just make all the guys that much madder when you out shoot them with a "girls" bow. :cool:

DoubleS, Those arrows look very easy to see against the background! My wife has some but they are collecting dust in the closet. :(

I've never lost a Pink Victory arrow while hunting or practicing and shooting over into the CRP field. They really pop out. Makes it much more easier to find and recover them. I wish Harvest time would make something similar. Now I use pink Arrow wraps and Pink Fobs.

Make sure when you guys use the Pink Victory arrows that when you do the bend test for cracks and sounds to do it carefully, listen. Because the entire shaft has a thin plastic like coating over it. Sometimes, it's not as noticeable to see damage. I bend and twist them every once in awhile.

MLN1963
10-28-2011, 05:17 AM
Maybe you can influence HTA to make some pink arrows? I would buy some for hunting, they are spendy to lose!

Good advise on the safety with those arrows too.

Don B
10-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Congrats to your daughter, Bill.
When my wife was ready for her first compound she looked at everything we could find. She is never going to hunt so we didn't need anything that went over 35 pounds. Overall weight was a big factor also.
She ended up with a PSE Chaos, pink of course...lol
Don.

Double S
10-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Maybe you can influence HTA to make some pink arrows? I would buy some for hunting, they are spendy to lose!

Good advise on the safety with those arrows too.

Thanks. Amber stated that they have some in the "Works" for next year. I also brought up the wood look for the traditional hunters.

MLN1963
10-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks DoubleS. If they make them I will buy some.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-28-2011, 01:07 PM

DoubleS, Those arrows look very easy to see against the background! My wife has some but they are collecting dust in the closet. :(Good point Mark, it don't matter the bow or the color just hit the mark.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Still waiting!:( I think the daughter is going to explode

alex
11-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Still waiting!:( I think the daughter is going to explode

Not good. That's why i prefer to buy directly from a shop. Yesterday i was ready to order a blade from a famous bladesmith from Finland and then read in a forum that you wait from 6 months to a year :eek:

elkslayer4x5
11-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Here's a little more pink for your daughter. :D I happen to know a guy who makes these.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/103_4593.jpg

gravedigger
11-12-2011, 06:44 AM
how much... and you should put a add up in the classifies

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Here's a little more pink for your daughter. :D I happen to know a guy who makes these.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/103_4593.jpgYep I know that guy too!:rolleyes: I will be catching up to you as soon as I get the bow!

MLN1963
11-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Yep I know that guy too!:rolleyes: I will be catching up to you as soon as I get the bow!Hutch:cool:Maybe he needs strings for some of his bows and you can trade wares?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe he needs strings for some of his bows and you can trade wares?Yep that could be happening.

ElkSlayer
11-13-2011, 06:35 AM
lol thats easy to do he dont move near as fast .... unless he's on the mnt. bike then just wait at the truck. we'll be back in a few hours..lol, yea his bow's ready for new riggin.:cool:

darkember
11-13-2011, 09:06 AM
EEks, Go hunting with all that high rezz pink the deer will be gone in a flash;)

MLN1963
11-13-2011, 09:17 AM
If deer could see colors then it might be a problem. :p

ElkSlayer

Are the materials you use made without UV brighteners?

gravedigger
11-13-2011, 09:32 AM
lol thats easy to do he dont move near as fast .... unless he's on the mnt. bike then just wait at the truck. we'll be back in a few hours..lol, yea his bow's ready for new riggin.:cool:

you should put a add up in the classifieds.i know i need a case for my bow.hint hint.and i can drive out and pic it up tooi think your only 2 hours from me,maybe closer if i can find the back roads.

coolsam402
11-13-2011, 10:21 AM
ya me and my 2 friends and my 2 friends dads all got new bows this year my friends got a mission craze and a pse xs and my friends dads got a hoyt rampage xt and a dimond idk whats it called and i got a martin i would have to say the dimond would not be my choice and the pse is nice i like the look and stuff but i have yet to draw it and shoot the mission is amazing for its price and looks and size i would reccomend and maritn is good i love the draw and stuff but a tad loud without the string stop but still good and the hoyt is im actually sorry to say is probably the best of all but it was the top of the like bow from hoyt and it cost over 800 dollers but i havent shot the onza 3 so i really cant compair but hoyts bows cost alot and they are real goood but if your not a pro and dont make alot of money and dont wanna spend 1000 dollers on a bow martin is the best i would of bought the mission craze but all of us made a deal to all get a different brand of bow and compair and i would say friendly price would me mission martin to hoyt and bow quality hoyt martin tie maybe hoyt sorry to say is hight then craze

ElkSlayer
11-13-2011, 06:30 PM
ok here you go for them that want to know .... easier to cut and paste don't ya know

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34584

ok have to add this ... eek realy 1st of that's the wife's
2nd umm do you realy carry your bow in the woods in a bow case.. or your arrows in a lose quiver....

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-14-2011, 04:33 AM
Here is a link to the bow, select pink tiger.

http://missionarchery.com/mission-advantage/color-options

ElkSlayer
11-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Hey Bill Iam prety sure we can get some fleace in that pattern to use as a liner for a sweet case for your young lady ;) just so you know were thinking of ya

elkslayer4x5
11-14-2011, 05:23 AM
If deer could see colors then it might be a problem. :p

ElkSlayer

Are the materials you use made without UV brighteners?

Yes, even that bright pink MC2 ( from TrueTimber ) is made with OUT UV brighteners. Heres a small sample of your options with one of our cases.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m602/EastOutfitter/Your%20choice/

OK, ok, GD, I'll get to work on an ad for the classified. :p

gravedigger
11-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Yes, even that bright pink MC2 ( from TrueTimber ) is made with OUT UV brighteners. Heres a small sample of your options with one of our cases.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m602/EastOutfitter/Your%20choice/

OK, ok, GD, I'll get to work on an ad for the classified. :p

just copy and paste what you have into a new thread........i can see the joy of home made cases being spread arond as i type

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Called on the bow today still waiting still hope for it to get here this week. Top notch company I am dealing with. I didn't have to even make a down payment. On a special order bow. I did every thing over the phone. Communication was top notch and still is.

HawgEnvy
11-17-2011, 04:58 AM
well, have the camera ready to get a pic of the look on your daughter's face when you give it to her.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-17-2011, 07:14 AM
well, have the camera ready to get a pic of the look on your daughter's face when you give it to her.Agreed except the camera won't be able to get all of the big smile in one shot.

ElkSlayer
11-17-2011, 07:24 AM
best to set it to panoramic then...lol sure she will be smilin big an bright :D:cool:;):D

bowgramp59
11-23-2011, 04:50 PM
thats good that your children are interested in archery ! i have 4 grandsons i finally got them set up with compound bows, gets expensive with 4 . worth ever bit of it to see the grins when they get a good group . what i don't like, is the 2 older ones have been eyeballing my alien xs. i'm just not ready to give them up yet.

Simple Life
11-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Congrats for your daughter on her new bow.Any sign of it yet?She will enjoy it,my wife loves hers and shots with me all the time now.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Congrats for your daughter on her new bow.Any sign of it yet?She will enjoy it,my wife loves hers and shots with me all the time now.No sign yet it is a 2012 and its getting powder coated pink tiger so it might still be a while.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
5 weeks yesterday and still no bow. Now I can understand why I buy my bows off the shelf.

MLN1963
12-02-2011, 03:28 PM
5 weeks yesterday and still no bow. Now I can understand why I buy my bows off the shelf.Hutch:cool: They may be like Martin and not shipping 2012 customer bows yet.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-10-2011, 05:14 AM
6 weeks and no sign of the pink tiger yikes. Daughter is getting impatient.

HUTCH:cool:

gravedigger
12-10-2011, 05:17 AM
6 weeks and no sign of the pink tiger yikes. Daughter is getting impatient.

i bet she is.X-mas is right around the corner.she knows she is getting it but not when,that would drive me insane

ElkSlayer
12-10-2011, 08:02 AM
6 weeks and no sign of the pink tiger yikes. Daughter is getting impatient. HUTCH:cool:

what no tracking numbers for you to check up on..

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-10-2011, 10:36 AM
what no tracking numbers for you to check up on..The dealer ordered it and I have no tracking number. With it being built and anodized it might be a while. Rats!

ElkSlayer
12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
thats a bummer :( I hope she gets it soon :cool::cool: I feal bad for her This would drive me nuts:rolleyes:...lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Wooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo!
We have a date they will be shipping to the pro shop. Dec 26 it will be shipped to the shop. So we are looking to get it around Dec 31st. That is fine with me. Finally a bit of hope for the daughter. :D

HawgEnvy
12-13-2011, 01:32 PM
remind me to NEVER order a bow. I wouldn't have that kinda patience. I'll buy used or a new one off the rack. cant wait to see the pics. Tell her Merry Christmas from all of us at MTF

ElkSlayer
12-14-2011, 05:51 AM
well its going to Be a Happy New year for her...:D

elkslayer4x5
12-14-2011, 05:58 AM
Turned out to be quite a wait, especially if you're a teen.

Simple Life
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeahhhhhhh:DDon't forget the pics

jnordwell
12-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Wow pink pink pink. That is girls for ya.

my 7yr old wants one that looks like you drank pepto and then threw up on a regular bow....Girls don't understand them still LOL Very cool for her... post picks when it gets done..please

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Sure will post pics, right now just trying to get all the accessories ordered or picked out.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-28-2011, 04:29 PM
The bow was shipped yesterday. Now the wait on the ups man to deliver it to the pro shop. Then the phone call that its in and just maybe we can go get the bow!!!!!!!!:D

Arrow Splitter
12-28-2011, 06:22 PM
I feal bad for her This would drive me nuts:rolleyes:...lolDon't worry ES, it would be a very short drive. LOL Just kidding.:D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-31-2011, 05:36 AM
Rats the holidays are messing up the shipments. Its shipped but won't see it till Wednesday or Thursday. Rats rats rats rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MLN1963
12-31-2011, 05:46 AM
It sounds like daddy wants to shoot this bow more than daughter! :p

Arrow Splitter
12-31-2011, 05:53 AM
It sounds like daddy wants to shoot this bow more than daughter! :pI think you might be on to something.:D:p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Very disappointed. Called the pro shop and found out that they didn't ship our bow. They haven't even build it yet. And they wouldn't build it till January 23, That means we wouldn't see this bow till February beginning to mid. Ain't going to happen. We are right now in the process of looking for another bow.

HawgEnvy
01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Very disappointed. Called the pro shop and found out that they didn't ship our bow. They haven't even build it yet. And they wouldn't build it till January 23, That means we wouldn't see this bow till February beginning to mid. Ain't going to happen. We are right now in the process of looking for another bow.

That's complete BS,there.:mad: Just shows how important their customers are to them.Better luck on the next try.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Looks like that's that's had to cancel that bow. Looking into another. Let ya know what we find.