PDA

View Full Version : mag cat

Unregistered
09-17-2007, 07:58 AM
i just bought a mag cat from dicks sporting goods and the string is fraying on each side of the peep. also the wrap string below the knock is comming apart. its a left hand bow dont know haw long i sat on shelf at dicks. bow season is 2 weeks away need new string. bow shoots well just concerned about string dont want it to break on me.

bfisher
09-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Not knowing what kind of peep you have, but it may have some sharp edges that is causing the fraying. My suggestion at this point would be to rub some string wax into this area with your fingers. As for the center serving? Take it to a shop and have it reserved. It's not all that much of a deal.

How long it may have hung on the hook at Dicks has very little to do with your string issues unless it was for a lot of years. Somehow I doubt this very much.

Seriously, your best course of action is usually to take the bow back where you bought it and let them deal with it, if they can, unless you know how to do things yourself. If they can't and you can't then maybe next time you'll have an idea why some of us recommend dealing with a good proshop. It's the service you get when you need it that makes a difference.