PDA

View Full Version : Snow

bfisher
10-29-2011, 02:25 AM
So just how much snow are you guys in NY and NH supposed to get? Here is central Pa. we're slated for 8" to 12" today. I guess that means the bow doesn't come out og it's case today. RATS!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-29-2011, 02:44 AM
We already got some snow and it didn't last long. Now we are supposed to get 5-8. Not what I want at all. But the bow is out of the case and will probably be shooting today. I couple of test shots then some afternoon hunting with the daughter.

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
10-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Well, it started about an hour ago and the ground is already covered. Gonna be a doozy. Got the snowblower ready, but my lower back has been acting up lately. Could hardly walk earlier this morning. 1600mg of Ibuprofen helped some. If I hunted I'd be in a stand enjoying the outdoors and all that nature offers.

Don B
10-29-2011, 05:33 AM
Snow, whats that?
Suppose to be in the high 70's low 80's today. Tomorrow Sue and I are going to a 3-D shoot and the weather guy is calling for it to be 82 deg.
You have to love the great weather here in So. Ca. and 3-D shoots every Sunday year round. But everything else sucks.
Don.

Arrow Splitter
10-29-2011, 05:51 AM
Snow, whats that?
Suppose to be in the high 70's low 80's today. Tomorrow Sue and I are going to a 3-D shoot and the weather guy is calling for it to be 82 deg.
You have to love the great weather here in So. Ca. and 3-D shoots every Sunday year round. But everything else sucks.
Don.You just had to mention your great weather on this thread, didn't you?:p

bigredhunter00
10-29-2011, 06:15 AM
We got smacked with 12 inches this past Tues/Wednesday. 50k people without power.

bfisher
10-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Snow, whats that?
Don.

There's one in every crowd. Winter can be pretty drab, but..........we don't have earth quakes, or mud slides, or wild fires. 3D shoots? Not problem. We have outdoor leagues coming up the week before Xmas that run for 15 consecutive weeks (5 clubs). In ten years we've had only one shoot that got canceled due to too much snow. It does get a bit nasty though at times; get to target #4 and by that time you can't feel the bow or the release any more---only 26 more targets to go.
There's a lot of clubs around here that have indoor 3D shoots during the winter---for the panzies.

Have fun Don. Just ribbing you back.

Don B
10-29-2011, 06:59 AM
LOL...sorry guys.
I just couldn't resist.

Earthquakes are fun, free rollercoster rides. Now way of any mudsides around here. Wildfires just replenish the soil of nutrients.
But you all do have one up on us here in So. Ca. your hunting is the best. I would love to hunt Whitetail.
Don.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Its snowing hard and the snow blower is on strike:mad: and the wife won't let me shoot it. I guess I need to fix it.

gravedigger
10-29-2011, 04:22 PM
i want snow.we got maybe a weeks worth last year.i would like 2 or 3 weeks of it.the stuff is so fun to play in and my daughter and 4runner love it.this is as bad as it got last year

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-30-2011, 04:06 AM
Its October

Yikes Hutch:cool:

Don B
10-30-2011, 04:15 AM
Hey Hutch,
Where are all the turkeys?
All that snow looks really "cool"....hee hee:cool:
Don.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-30-2011, 04:26 AM
Hey Hutch,
Where are all the turkeys? Don.
They are all in Southern California!:p Just Kidding.

I won't be happy with this snow until the snow blower is fixed.

gravedigger
10-30-2011, 12:41 PM
so bill how is that new mini van do in the snow.might just have to straight axle it.lolor ask don to ship ya out his wheeler.lmao.sorry had to.man that is alot of snow.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks a lot GD, I got a snowball just for you! The mini van is very good in the snow. Maybe not as good as the Suburban but good enough.

gravedigger
10-30-2011, 12:52 PM
PLEASE toss a snow ball my way,i will welcome it with an open shot.yep them minis do great in the snow.i want on for a family rig but my wife hates tthem.

bfisher
10-30-2011, 04:12 PM
WOW Hutch, looks like you guys got hammered. I love those weather guys that can't get it right. Instead of the 8" to 12" they predicted we got just about 4". The bad part is that it was very wet and heavy. Lots of trees down and treelimbs broken off everywhere. A lot of power lines down. As for the limbs breaking, the first 4 hours were the worst.

Let's see if my pics come out. This is from one maple tree in my back yard. I've been thinking of having it pruned way back. The job is half done now.

Double S
11-01-2011, 05:05 PM
snow snow stay away. lol. We had black ice on the roads in the morning about two, three days ago but no snow yet. I'm not ready for winter. I start missing Arizona about this time every year. With a bad back and knee I'm not too excited about snow. Putting on the snow tires tomorrow, oil and filter and Winter wiper change. Pulling the snowthrower and generator out and making sure they are ready to go at a moments notice.

bigredhunter00
11-01-2011, 06:17 PM
snow is coming back down 4-7 inches expected in northern colorado