PDA

View Full Version : Martin Exile - New member questions Please Help!!

N7XW
10-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Hello,

I am new here, just getting back into bowhunting after 15 years. Needless to say, equipment is way different from when I left off. I'm thinking of ordering a new Exile but have questions on its issues. I did a search and found that there are potential problems with the Exile and the sts, sos and trg. I couldn't find any more information though. What are the sts, sos and trg and what are the problems?? Does the bow need to be modified as it comes to work out the problems? Is the bow so new that it is a 'work in progress' and would be better to wait before buying one?

Please forgive my amateur questions. I appreciate any education I can get on this.

HawgEnvy
10-30-2011, 04:09 PM
the STS is the rubber string stopper that mounts behind the stabilizer and is a good addition to any bow,IMO. the TRG/SOS is a total piece of crap. avoid it if at all possible. but dont let that keep you from buying an Exile(a.k.a. Cheetah). you can get a free replacement from Martin in the form of the traditional cable guard rod n slide and even strings. the Exile is a fun bow to shoot and is extremely accurate as long as you can get used to shooting a short bow. 30-32" ata is my preference and i shoot them better than longer bows. it all depends on the person. with its 30" ata it can be a pain to get used to as its not as forgiving as a longer ata bow would be. but it has good,speed,smooth draw,quiet and accurate. not for shooting with fingers. a release is a must. hopefully your questions have been answered. welcome to the forum. post pics of your bow when you get it.

N7XW
10-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, appreciate the info.