PDA

View Full Version : where do i get this

coolsam402
11-03-2011, 01:48 PM
were do i get the cable gaurd and slide for the martin exile i just bought it today and everyone is telling me to switch from the trg to the slide and they say i can get it for free but were

archerx7
11-03-2011, 01:57 PM
were do i get the cable gaurd and slide for the martin exile i just bought it today and everyone is telling me to switch from the trg to the slide and they say i can get it for free but were

Contact either your local Martin dealer or Martin customer service. They will swap the TRG for the rod/slide at no charge.

coolsam402
11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Contact either your local Martin dealer or Martin customer service. They will swap the TRG for the rod/slide at no charge.

so do i have to send back the trg

archerx7
11-03-2011, 02:14 PM
so do i have to send back the trg

They will normally ask for the TRG to be returned, I have seen a couple members on here that were not asked to return theirs, but I have been asked to return all the ones that I have replaced.

coolsam402
11-03-2011, 02:28 PM
ok how hard is it to install the slide thing

archerx7
11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Fairly easy to swap. Just pop the string/cable out of the TRG and loosen the 2 set screws and slide the TRG out and the new rod in, tighten the set screws and install the slide and put the string/cables into the slide. You may need to back the limb bolts out in order to get enough slack on the string/cable before removing them from the TRG though.

coolsam402
11-03-2011, 02:58 PM
ok thanks .

bowgramp59
11-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Fairly easy to swap. Just pop the string/cable out of the TRG and loosen the 2 set screws and slide the TRG out and the new rod in, tighten the set screws and install the slide and put the string/cables into the slide. You may need to back the limb bolts out in order to get enough slack on the string/cable before removing them from the TRG though.

does the cable rod slide in without any resistance? on my onza i had to force it in with the alien screws completly out , actually had to hammer on it.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-06-2011, 04:51 AM
does the cable rod slide in without any resistance? on my onza i had to force it in with the alien screws completly out , actually had to hammer on it.Some are very tight and almost seem like they are glued. I believe it is because it is a carbon/ glass rod and they don't want any flex.

Hutch:cool:

coolsam402
11-07-2011, 02:28 PM
ok so im getting pissed for the last week ive been trying to call martin to get my slide and i get home at 7 pm est and there always closed how can i get this slide or when will they stop having there hours so stupid

Speedykills
11-07-2011, 03:13 PM
ok so im getting pissed for the last week ive been trying to call martin to get my slide and i get home at 7 pm est and there always closed how can i get this slide or when will they stop having there hours so stupid

Dont you have a lunch break!!!!!!!!!!!!

bowgramp59
11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
i ordered a cable slide rod thru martin the one i got was 7" and is about an inch to short. is the one they send you any longer? they told me i would have to get a dealer call them about the trg problem, that doesn't seem to be case according to you guys unless all of you are dealers.

coolsam402
11-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Dont you have a lunch break!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes and no my luch is when i eat but i still work i dont actually have a break

coolsam402
11-07-2011, 03:44 PM
i have a cable rod from another bow but i dont have the slide do i neeeeeeedddd the slide

Money Man
11-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Where are you calling from? They are in Washington state so if you are in a different time zone, maybe you could try before work.

archerx7
11-08-2011, 03:02 AM
i have a cable rod from another bow but i dont have the slide do i neeeeeeedddd the slide

Yes, you do need a slide. If your time schedule won't allow you to contact Martin then you could order a slide online, either through Martin's website or one of the other online stores. Martin has them for under 2.00, probably much less than you'll find them elsewhere.

bfisher
11-08-2011, 08:37 AM

Yes, you do need a slide, but it doesn't necessarily need to be one from Martin. You should be able to get on from any archery store (even box stores). While you're spending the money I'd also recommend to bite the hullet and get a Teflon slide. They're more durable and les problems with chattering or squeaking when they get wet or dirty. There's maintenance involved with any slide. Periodically take a cloth or paper towel and some alcohol and clean the rod. Clean the inner diameter of the slide while you're at it. Use no lubricant.

bfisher
11-08-2011, 08:41 AM
i ordered a cable slide rod thru martin the one i got was 7" and is about an inch to short. is the one they send you any longer? they told me i would have to get a dealer call them about the trg problem, that doesn't seem to be case according to you guys unless all of you are dealers.

Bowgramp, call them again and tell them what you need. They do come in different lengths, but the fact is they are all cut from a 3/8" carbon rod and can be cut to any length you desire. Heck, ask them for a 9" rod. You can always cut it shorter if it's too long.

gravedigger
11-08-2011, 11:20 AM

dont get mad because we are in a differnt time zone.i think martin CS closes at 5pm.have you left voice mails,or do as bfisher said go to a box store or a archery shop,order online.martins hours work out great for me because im right next door to them:p:D:p