PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie arrow question

Bullie
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I recently purchased a used X-200 and really would like to get it shooting soon. It is 50 @ 28 RH. I used a full length shaft to determine that I will need 28 inch arrows. 26 7/8 to the front of the shelf. What else do I need to know to pick arrows? I would like to use carbons. Any advice?

elkslayer4x5
12-05-2011, 06:11 AM
I'd say stay above 5 grains per inch, still gonna give ya a really light arrow, also would use feathers instead on vanes. I'm assuming that you'll be shooting fingers, correct? Vanes are'nt as forgiving as feathers are, need a real clean release to shoot vanes out of a recurve. So, picked up a used X 200, did ya? I'd like to see any pics you've got of the bow, if possible. :)

bfisher
12-05-2011, 06:19 AM
You should also find the right spine arrow for the specs--bow weight, arrow length, tip weight, etc. Any good archery shop should be able to help with that. He would need this info and the fact that you intend to shoot with fingers. A shop might also have some arrows made up that you can try different ones to see what appears to fly the best. It would get you in the ballpark.