PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a good Chrono?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Would this be a good Chronograph?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzDFtSwLfVs

Hutch:cool:

bigredhunter00
11-09-2011, 06:20 PM
looks like the kind our club uses, fairly accurate +/- 2 fps

Spiker
11-10-2011, 06:26 AM
I've had one for about 4 years now and as long as it is in good light (not under fluorescents) it reads the same as the Pro Chronys that
the 2 shops near me have.
If you are going to use it mostly indoors I would suggest buying the light kit with it.

NeilMac
11-10-2011, 08:33 AM
I've had mine for about five years and I've always found it accurate and reliable.

When setting it up, be aware that it does not like bright sunlight much, even with the shades fitted it tends to read a bit high. On a cloudy day, or a sunny day when you can keep the chrono out of direct sunlight, it works very well.

One other thing; you should disconnect the battery when you are not using it, as even when it's turned off it will drain the battery.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-10-2011, 12:28 PM
I've had one for about 4 years now and as long as it is in good light (not under fluorescents) it reads the same as the Pro Chronys that
the 2 shops near me have.
If you are going to use it mostly indoors I would suggest buying the light kit with it.

I've had mine for about five years and I've always found it accurate and reliable.

When setting it up, be aware that it does not like bright sunlight much, even with the shades fitted it tends to read a bit high. On a cloudy day, or a sunny day when you can keep the chrono out of direct sunlight, it works very well.

One other thing; you should disconnect the battery when you are not using it, as even when it's turned off it will drain the battery.Thanks guys I have looked at a lot of them and I thought I would get the real low down by asking on here.

Sharxfan
11-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Hutch I am shocked and dismayed that you would actually buy a chrono!! The king of DIY should build his own out of magnets and copper wiring. :cool: I think I saw a thread on how to do that somewhere.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Hutch I am shocked and dismayed that you would actually buy a chrono!! The king of DIY should build his own out of magnets and copper wiring. :cool: I think I saw a thread on how to do that somewhere.I have the plans but I am looking at buying one through my business.

Don B
11-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Thats the chrono I got. I got it from Wal-Mart on line. I think it was 70 bucks to my door.
Don.