PDA

View Full Version : now i am a real bealiver on how to quiet my bow

coolsam402
11-12-2011, 08:30 PM
in the past ive had some loud *** bows now that i have my martin it was still loud but quiter than my old ones and i never thought that the string leaches or any of the string scilencers ever quieted your bow but with my martin and thes leaches its a whole lot quieter and heavyer arrows also quiet your bow if you need to but if you have the corract arrows for you and your bow you should be quiet but if its loud try to get heavier arrows and stabolizers dampeners also help i dont know how but they do i went to a dunhams and got a truglo one and its quiet and looks good i dont really know about the limb savers but my old used bow had them but i never took them off so i cant really tell anything about that and the string stops also help on the viberation witch all comes from the string so the string sytop stops the string right there so there is no viberation to make your bow loud now my bow with all that except the limb savers and the string stop is pritty quiet and almost makes no noise and just a littlee bit of viberation but me string stops are in the mail so then all you will hear is a little smack from the string hitting the strong stop then it will be so quiet other than a little smack quicker and quieter then a snap of a persons fingers so if you have a loud bow try these tricks and i will garrentie you will have a quiet bow if now i will buy you a dohnut

Speedykills
11-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Cat whisker's work pretty good too.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-13-2011, 02:57 AM
Cat whisker's work pretty good too.Yep they sure do! That is all I have on my string and a sts and its quiet.

Hutch:cool:

elkslayer4x5
11-13-2011, 05:02 AM
I've got limb savers on the limbs and cat whiskers on the string and all 4 cables ( yep, I hunt with an shoot thru bow.) Had to put the whiskers on the cables when I went to the wide axle on the bottom to seperate the cables. Gail is pretty quiet now. Turns out it was more trouble than it was worth. With the standard axles, the X cables touched each other and stopped the vibration, when I seperated them, they vibrated, was better off just keeping the cables well waxed where they crossed. Its time for new rigging, and when I change the string and cables, I'll go back to a standard axle, got another 6 weeks of hunting season left, then time to change it all out. :)

coolsam402
11-13-2011, 08:46 AM
i had wiskers be for i didnt knotice much difference and i talked to 2 different pro shops and they say the the cat wiskers and the brass nocks slow your bow down so i dont have an isssue with them i just dont really promote them i tie in my dloop and kisser and everything so i dont use and brass nocks

gravedigger
11-13-2011, 09:38 AM
i had wiskers be for i didnt knotice much difference and i talked to 2 different pro shops and they say the the cat wiskers and the brass nocks slow your bow down so i dont have an isssue with them i just dont really promote them i tie in my dloop and kisser and everything so i dont use and brass nocks

i really dont care for brass knock,but anything you put on your string will slow it down.a nice ball of cat whiskers is all i will use and they work great.i had the leqches too and did not care for them

coolsam402
11-13-2011, 09:54 AM
i really dont care for brass knock,but anything you put on your string will slow it down.a nice ball of cat whiskers is all i will use and they work great.i had the leqches too and did not care for them

ya so i guess its a little prefrence type thing but if you use the leaches you have to get the good ones not the cheap ones

SJunior
11-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Had leaches on my Trophy Hunter and they didn't seem to make it any quieter. Put whiskers on it and it's very quiet. My Silencer was fairly quiet out of the box with the sts but I will not shoot a bow that makes noise so a set of whiskers fixed that problem.

A silent bow is better than a loud bow no matter how fast it is.

Don B
11-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Cat whiskers for me too. That all I have ever used.
Don.

FiddlersGreen
11-16-2011, 09:15 AM
catwhiskers are the best

coolsam402
11-16-2011, 01:56 PM
catwhiskers are the best

worst..............

FiddlersGreen
11-16-2011, 02:33 PM
explain how they are the worst...

SJunior
11-16-2011, 02:36 PM
I'd like to hear that explanation myself.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-16-2011, 02:38 PM
explain how they are the worst...don't know if you want to hear the explanation. ;)

As a string builder its whiskers for me along with 1,000,000,000,000 others.

Hutch:cool:

FiddlersGreen
11-16-2011, 02:58 PM
probably the speed issue. at least thats what i hear most of the time. the other is that they are ugly...that one never holds water lol

gravedigger
11-16-2011, 03:00 PM
whiskers all the way.they look neat and the speed loss aint no thing.im not trying to make any speed records