PDA

View Full Version : Release aids

darkember
11-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Looking for some advice on the various different types & their pros & cons.

The 2 main types I am looking at are the hand trigger style like the Carter Chocolate or Target +

Or would I be better using the wrist strap type such as Scott Caliper Release. I do notice the strap varients all seem to be much longer than the trigger types which could impact my draw length.

Any views on each style & their functionality would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Wil

justin
11-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Your best bet is to check um out at a pro shop. If you are just hunting you cant beat the utility of the strap type releases. I personally shoot a 20 dollar allen release, there "pro" model. My 45 dollar tru ball is my backup release.

gravedigger
11-16-2011, 01:41 PM
what justin said.

i shoot a 20 trufire amd it works great.i cant see spanding lots of money on a realse that does the same as my $20 one.

try them out and find what suites you

coolsam402
11-16-2011, 02:02 PM
you can get a cobea wrist strap string strap head release for 25 witch you can shorten or lengthen it to your draw length and the string strap makes no tourqe on your string so better shots and consistancy

SJunior
11-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Used a Bass Pro release that is made by Cobra I believe all summer, worked great. The only thing I didn't like about it was the head of the release is adjustable by a threaded stud with a locking nut that didn't stay where I set it and was always having to readjust it.

Now I'm using a Trufire 360 Extreme, and like it better than any I've tried.

Rottzilla
11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
I shoot with a tru-ball rack master pro (these are not made any more) but the sniper scout the cyclone and the short and sweet are all adjustable lengths. check them out.http://www.truball.com/ShortNSweet.html

Will