PDA

View Full Version : ok idk this is stupid

coolsam402
11-16-2011, 06:43 PM
whn im paper tuning my bow with the new rest the revolution i cant paper tune to save my life but maybe it because idk what im doing when im like 3 feet from the paper maybe like 4 or 5 so 1 or 1.5 yards i get a perfect bullet how (well an ok hole) but then i step bake to maybe 3 yards it tears bad well not as good as befor then when i set pack to like 5 or 6 yards there is like an inch whip tear or what ever idk what im doing its not that bad it just idk if im not doing it right and im not supposed to step back that far but i dont know any tips im not torqing or shaking my form is good any tips ????????????

cence i suck at paper tuning i am going to take it to a pro shop when i get my new cable rod, slide, string stop, and new string and cables on it

MLN1963
11-16-2011, 06:55 PM
http://www.eastonarchery.com/pdf/tuning_guide.pdf

gravedigger
11-16-2011, 07:03 PM
if you dont have perfect form every shot it will not give you a good tare.tougueing your bow just a bit any way will give you a bad tare

coolsam402
11-16-2011, 07:10 PM
if you dont have perfect form every shot it will not give you a good tare.tougueing your bow just a bit any way will give you a bad tare

trust me there is no torqe i think i just doing something wrong and im in my base ment so theres no wend

coolsam402
11-16-2011, 07:19 PM
im im on the border line between 400 and 340 spined arrows i think i need to upgrade to 340 thats what that charts say and the pro shop said i was border line so im going to try and get me some easton axis st carbon n-fused 340 arrows

Double S
11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Here's a link to Nuts & bolts thread on AT. besides the Easton pdf. This PDF printed out and bound sits right next to each other on my Archery desk. This book is the archery book of all books. Almost anything you want to know about Archery is in it. Nuts & bolts is a great guy. Plus it's free for download. I recommend that you print it out in color if possible and put it in a binder.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1399457&page=1

Simon

HawgEnvy
11-17-2011, 05:10 AM
im im on the border line between 400 and 340 spined arrows i think i need to upgrade to 340 thats what that charts say and the pro shop said i was border line so im going to try and get me some easton axis st carbon n-fused 340 arrows

i wouldn't jump to conclusions,yet. I'm shooting a 70# binary cam bow w 400 spine arrows and 100gr tips and get beautiful flight. 1 pin dead nuts w BH's and FP's at 40yds.

i better clarify. my bow is sighted in at 30yds. i compensate for longer ranges

bfisher
11-17-2011, 05:34 AM
It shouldn't be that hard to see if your arrows are underspined. The bow is infinitely more adjutable than the arrows. Turn the bow down about 5# and see what results you get. If the paper tear gets better then you know your're on the right track. That's a whole lot easier and cheaper than buying new arrows.

elkslayer4x5
11-19-2011, 06:07 AM
It shouldn't be that hard to see if your arrows are underspined. The bow is infinitely more adjutable than the arrows. Turn the bow down about 5# and see what results you get. If the paper tear gets better then you know your're on the right track. That's a whole lot easier and cheaper than buying new arrows.

Boy howdy! Ain't that the truth! :)