PDA

View Full Version : oh my !

coolsam402
11-17-2011, 04:50 PM
i love martins bows the draw the way it shoots the way it feels but ive had the worst amount of problem i have ever had with this bow i have never had this many problems with any bow i have ever owaned (6 bows)

THE NEW ISSUE YAAAAAYYY

ok i had a neibhaor paper tune my bow and he did great i even shot it through some paper at 5, 10, 20, and 40 yards (skiped 30) great bullet holes but then i just goyt another new sight for it cuz the other broke (my fault) it was a cobera and the one that came on it came broke so now that ive got my new one i have to bottom out my (gang) sight cuz i can barely moove my pins cuz theres not enouth room for big tunes just fine tunes and when its bottomed out i can get 10 yards its so stupid how do i fix this new issue????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

SJunior
11-17-2011, 05:16 PM
That's not an issue with the bow itself.

coolsam402
11-17-2011, 05:22 PM
That's not an issue with the bow itself.

then what is it

SJunior
11-17-2011, 05:33 PM
What kind of Cobra sight is it? Most of them have a reversable mount bracket so you can lower the sight housing. That or your peep is to low.

Arrow Splitter
11-17-2011, 05:35 PM
What kind of Cobra sight is it? Most of them have a reversable mount bracket so you can lower the sight housing. That or your peep is to low.x2 That's right. It's also possible that your arrow rest isn't level.

A.S

coolsam402
11-17-2011, 06:18 PM
What kind of Cobra sight is it? Most of them have a reversable mount bracket so you can lower the sight housing. That or your peep is to low.

what r u talkkiinng about i got another new sight and its a trophy ridge 5 pin and no its compleatly bottomed out and the peep is fine

Rottzilla
11-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Sorry brothers/sisters I am NOT trying to start anything I will say what I have to say and I will be done with it. Once again I need to say this and not trying to start anything.

GOD is not a dirty rag to thrown around or to be used as a substitute for a dirty or nasty word. He is the giver of life and should be respected and held in reverence. coolsam402 please just be more mindful of our creator and prayerful of His forgiveness Blasphemy is forgivable and I hope you will ask for His forgiveness.

Have a blessed day

SJunior
11-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Well then I guess you better take it to a pro shop and have them look at it.

justin
11-17-2011, 08:00 PM
yes... oh so true rot but why rotzilla? seems really weird. and yes, if your gang wont go any lower you need to move your peep. or just do whatever......... thats what id do!!! :)

coolsam402
11-17-2011, 08:04 PM
yes... oh so true rot but why rotzilla? seems really weird. and yes, if your gang wont go any lower you need to move your peep. or just do whatever......... thats what id do!!! :)

if i moved my peep then my ancor would move i have the knucked to the under ear the kisser and some sometimes the noes to the string and the allignment of the peer and the chircle of the peep to the circle of the gang

Rottzilla
11-17-2011, 08:29 PM

justin to answer your question Rottzilla is the nick name given to a rottweiler I used to have, he was 162lbs w/32" neck not an ounce of fat on his body.

Yes I agree with you if you are bottomed out move adjust your peep, you can still maintain your anchor point you adjust your bow arm up/down as needed.

Will

polaris754
11-18-2011, 01:57 AM
sounds like pilot error,move the peep

Speedykills
11-18-2011, 03:13 AM
YA your bow not setup right,most likely you peep is not where it needs to be.Also your nock height isnt right either so with that said after you double check the nock height making sure it adjusted correct,draw your bow back with your eye's closed then when you are at full draw and your at the anchor point you like open your eye's and look at your peep and see where it is,you will be able to tell if it needs adjusting or not.Then after you get it set where you need it you can resight in your sight.

elkslayer4x5
11-18-2011, 04:25 AM
Sure got something out of whack, 1/2" too much brace height, peeps moved, sounds like you and the neighbor didn't get it back togather correctly, maybe another trip to the proshop to get it straightened out.

whman
11-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Hey coolsam,
Is there a reason that you never use punctuation and do use unique ways to spell words? I'm trying to read your posts, and man is it difficult. Guess the guys on here have a lot more patience than I do......they're still trying to help you. You could make it a lot easier on them, though.
Just a friendly recommendation.

elkslayer4x5
11-18-2011, 04:38 AM
Hey coolsam,
Is there a reason that you never use punctuation and do use unique ways to spell words? I'm trying to read your posts, and man is it difficult. Guess the guys on here have a lot more patience than I do......they're still trying to help you. You could make it a lot easier on them, though.

Great point, thanks.:)

gravedigger
11-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Hey coolsam,

well we haveent said anything because its a bit rude to comment on a guys gramer.we dont know whats going on upstairs..ya know.could be useing a cell phone...lots of stuff.

bfisher
11-18-2011, 05:29 AM
well we haveent said anything because its a bit rude to comment on a guys gramer.we dont know whats going on upstairs..ya know.could be useing a cell phone...lots of stuff.

It all depends on how it is handled. In this case I think it is justified and handled judicously. Bashing is something that is unacceptable, but constructive criticism is quite another thing. It's a lot easier to give sound advice if we can understand the question. No foul, no harm.

Sam, again, just trying to be helpful. Now let's get back on topic, please.

ElkSlayer
11-18-2011, 06:17 AM
well put Mr. Fisher..

archerx7
11-18-2011, 06:28 AM
what r u talkkiinng about i got another new sight and its a trophy ridge 5 pin and no its compleatly bottomed out and the peep is fine

Which Trophy Ridge model is it? Some can have the sight bracket flipped over to give more vertical adjustment. Its more of a sight issue than a bow issue as most makes of bows have the sight mounting holes in pretty much the same place, the bottom sight mounting hole is normally about 2-2.5" above the rest mount hole.

bfisher
11-18-2011, 06:59 AM
It might be helpful to start from scratch getting the rest and nocking point location right. Rest and nocking point need to be psoitioned so that with the arrow nocked about 90 degrees to the string the rest is mounted so the arrow approximately centers on the Berger holes. That's item #1. Then the draw length needs to be fairly close for the shooter; plus or minus a half inch or so should be close enough. Then draw and anchor, find a position where you can see through the peep and go from there.

Try shooting the bow and see where your arrow hits. If your arrows are so low that you run out of pin adjustment then you'll have no choice but to lower your anchor and adjust the peep and kisser height accordingly. Understand that the shorter the a2a on the bow and the longer the draw length the higher the peep will need to be. This is not a problem with the bow, but one of choosing the wrong type of bow to begin with. Short bows and long draw lengths do not always go hand in hand well. Especially if you choose to anchor with your nose on the string. Sometimes it just won't work that way.

Not knowing what bows you've had in the past (maybe longer a2a) you can't take for granted that the peep height will remain the same for every bow. You may have to make adjustments in your shooting form. Moving the peep isn't that hard and 1/2" can make a world of difference in elevation.

If at all possible it would be nice if you could post some pictures (head to toe) standing at full draw (shooting level) so we can make a more accurate assessment and/or suggestions on how to correct this situation.

Hope I haven't left too much out.

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm on a phone that the issue with the punctuation and when I draw and anchor and open my eyes the peep is perfect form good (tOld by 2 people) and one guy just said something about the way I drew my bow so also good form and it doesn't matter wut sight cuz I don't want tO drop it dRop it down any farther I want to bring it up so it's not stupid looking and it's centered ish and the nock it fine idk what it is

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 07:27 AM
It might be helpful to start from scratch getting the rest and nocking point location right. Rest and nocking point need to be psoitioned so that with the arrow nocked about 90 degrees to the string the rest is mounted so the arrow approximately centers on the Berger holes. That's item #1. Then the draw length needs to be fairly close for the shooter; plus or minus a half inch or so should be close enough. Then draw and anchor, find a position where you can see through the peep and go from there.

Try shooting the bow and see where your arrow hits. If your arrows are so low that you run out of pin adjustment then you'll have no choice but to lower your anchor and adjust the peep and kisser height accordingly. Understand that the shorter the a2a on the bow and the longer the draw length the higher the peep will need to be. This is not a problem with the bow, but one of choosing the wrong type of bow to begin with. Short bows and long draw lengths do not always go hand in hand well. Especially if you choose to anchor with your nose on the string. Sometimes it just won't work that way.

Not knowing what bows you've had in the past (maybe longer a2a) you can't take for granted that the peep height will remain the same for every bow. You may have to make adjustments in your shooting form. Moving the peep isn't that hard and 1/2" can make a world of difference in elevation.

If at all possible it would be nice if you could post some pictures (head to toe) standing at full draw (shooting level) so we can make a more accurate assessment and/or suggestions on how to correct this situation.

Hope I haven't left too much out.

Thank I'll try moving the peep up and I'll post some pics

justin
11-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Moving your peep can make a world of difference. I moved my peep up one twist up the string and was then able to get my gang where i wanted it. Moving your peep may also help you so much that you may just wonder what you were thinking before. It happened to me. It happened to my buddy too.

ElkSlayer
11-18-2011, 08:02 AM
as little as 1" can be worlds apart... I too moved my anchor pt when i put new riggin on my bow...centerd up my gang sight and tightend up my pin set.. that also was due to a DL ajustment...I streched out my ape arms

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 09:24 AM
as little as 1" can be worlds apart... I too moved my anchor pt when i put new riggin on my bow...centerd up my gang sight and tightend up my pin set.. that also was due to a DL ajustment...I streched out my ape arms

Moving your peep can make a world of difference. I moved my peep up one twist up the string and was then able to get my gang where i wanted it. Moving your peep may also help you so much that you may just wonder what you were thinking before. It happened to me. It happened to my buddy too.

ok i will try it in in houur or 2

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 01:20 PM
sence my pins are all bottomed outt do i have to move the peep up or can i put it lower

SJunior
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Move your peep up.

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 02:11 PM
urururugurugqefuvherhvviuwgd i cant get a comfeterable anchor with out my peep being how it is (moved up)i have to cock my head left right up down inside out wedge it blah blah blah to get anchor ed right so i cansee through the peep

SJunior
11-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Post pics! Have someone take pictiures of you at full draw from both sides, your anchor With your peep in the pic from both sides, and your sight.

This is the only way we may be able to help you.

I have a hard time believing that it's that hard to get it figured out on your part, it's a simple adjustment.

justin
11-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Or some draw length adjustment might be in order too.

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 04:23 PM
the draw cant go any longer and what happed was the cheap shop i took it to put the kisser 2.5 inches abnove my nock and if i was to like put my peep higher i would have to hold my draw hand way down by my boob just sayin

elkslayer4x5
11-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Or some draw length adjustment might be in order too.

Thats what I'm thinking as well.

coolsam402
11-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Thats what I'm thinking as well.

no no norjmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

gravedigger
11-19-2011, 11:08 AM
no no norjmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:confused::confused:

coolsam402
11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
:confused::confused:

it was no no no but the messagew was too short so i just through my havd on the keys so it was like fbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

HawgEnvy
11-19-2011, 04:44 PM
uh,Sam...step AWAY from the drugs,bud. lol

bowgramp59
11-20-2011, 04:40 AM
i guess i missed something in this thread! i thought i was in the martin tech forum, a place to disscuss & help
our archery members with thier bow problems.

elkslayer4x5
11-20-2011, 05:08 AM
i guess i missed something in this thread! i thought i was in the martin tech forum, a place to disscuss & help
our archery members with thier bow problems.

Don't think you missed anything Curtis, I also have some trouble decifering the code the poster uses, he's posting from a phone

SJunior
11-20-2011, 06:21 AM
Can't use the phone as an excuse because that's what I'm posting with.

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Can't use the phone as an excuse because that's what I'm posting with.

no a very old phone a sprint nextel i 730