PDA

View Full Version : how do i adjust brace height

coolsam402
11-17-2011, 08:01 PM
the title says all i have a martin exile and i think its sipposed to be 7 in and mines at 7 1/2 i think or more

justin
11-17-2011, 08:03 PM
how are you measuring your brace height?

coolsam402
11-17-2011, 08:06 PM
with a square how else would i mEASURE IT oops caps but a ruler or quorters what the difference i usend a old square i had laaying around my friend uses a ruler

justin
11-17-2011, 08:08 PM
and what are you measuring?

coolsam402
11-17-2011, 08:10 PM
from the string to the deepest part of the grip i know how to measure brace height

justin
11-17-2011, 08:27 PM
well your cable is too short then, probably. take your cable off without untwisting it and see if it measures the same as the "split" measurement on the sticker on the bottom limb.

Speedykills
11-18-2011, 03:17 AM
If your BH is off check your axle to axle length most likely it isnt set to spec.Another thing you have to remember is the specs on martins web sight are not aproximent settings.Most bows come on or close to these,there not set in stone.

elkslayer4x5
11-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Sounds like you're going to have to un-twist your string and cable. You do know that you don't need a press to remove string or cables on a Martin, right? Back out the limb bolts a few turns at a time equally, until you can see light thru the barrel nut in the riser. By that time the string will roll out of the cam or idler. Un-twist your cable until its the approximite length as stated on the lower limb sticker. Untwist the string, till its close to stated length. Reassemble.

ElkSlayer
11-18-2011, 05:00 AM
heck what are you doing to this bow ?

1st of we are all here to help ? no need to be short with anyone.
I have read more then one post from you, and truthfuly its painful to read!
try proof reading some of it...

2nd do your self a favor and get that bow into a shop have them put it back in spec. then take some notes, peep hight from nock pt and its position as well

3rd please take a picture BEFOR you take your bow apart.. it helps keep things from getting crossed up, as in one of your other posts...

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 07:20 AM
heck what are you doing to this bow ?

1st of we are all here to help ? no need to be short with anyone.
I have read more then one post from you, and truthfuly its painful to read!
try proof reading some of it...

2nd do your self a favor and get that bow into a shop have them put it back in spec. then take some notes, peep hight from nock pt and its position as well

3rd please take a picture BEFOR you take your bow apart.. it helps keep things from getting crossed up, as in one of your other posts...

Nothing I got it less than 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to scot farther than 10 yards cuzi can't get it all set up like one thing brakes and o fix it a new thing happens

ElkSlayer
11-18-2011, 07:34 AM
well sounds like you should take bfisher's advice and start over...
Your anchor pt is where on the face? ear lobe If i remember the post right! may need to move that down the face to bottom of jaw... IMO you have your bow set up like you want it. But it just dont work out for you.. so may need to move peep up forcing the anchor pt down setting the bow up like IT wants to be......Set up lots of bows, encluding kids that never stop growing, so its constant ajusting... best of luck hope you get it up and shootin like you want.