PDA

View Full Version : amazing but 2 issues

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 06:55 PM
so i got my cable slide and my sts today, and my sts was no problem and its awesome. now i have a super quiet bow. next the slide, not a big issue but wondering if it can be fixed. when ever i draw my bow the slide wants to stick to the cable rod and not move back easily any fixes for it. the third thing is i dropped my poundage to adjust my peep and stuff so i was like what ever and i took everything off and re squared my nock and rest and re set my kisser it was about an inch to high and i moved my peep so its all aligned with me so i have knuckle to under ear and kisser and peep and its perfect i love it then i balanced out my rest and nock and fixed my center shot and shot through paper it was good just one minor adjustment and perfect then shot LOW low LOW my gang completely bottomed out and almost down were my rest is and i have to use my 30 yard pin to shoot 10 yards idk im just going to leave it a cancel the trip and wait till next year and go to a shop in January and have them put my strings on and do everything i just did to by bow and see what they say and i have one question does using this cable rod and slide increase my draw weight it seems like my draw weight is a little bit heavier.

SJunior
11-18-2011, 07:14 PM
What do you mean by your knuckle behind the ear?

Double S
11-18-2011, 07:18 PM
You need to have a friend take a side pic of you at full draw with a arrow nocked pointed in a safe direction. So we can help you better.

SJunior
11-18-2011, 07:23 PM
This is only an assumption but it sure sounds to me like you need to lower your anchor and raise your peep and also lower your draw length.

Let's see some pictures!!!

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 07:49 PM
What do you mean by your knuckle behind the ear?

like under your ear loab and back a little bit theres that like soft hole spot i put my bottom nuckle right in there like 6 years ago and it just stuck my hole life

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 07:50 PM
You need to have a friend take a side pic of you at full draw with a arrow nocked pointed in a safe direction. So we can help you better.

hahaha ok i will get that soon maybe tomarrow

coolsam402
11-18-2011, 07:52 PM
This is only an assumption but it sure sounds to me like you need to lower your anchor and raise your peep and also lower your draw length.

Let's see some pictures!!!

the draw length is perfect now i my holding elbow used to be so bent now its not locked and its not compleatly unlocked its perfect

elkslayer4x5
11-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Photos please, pretty sure your overdrawing, How tall are you? What's your 'wingspan'?

gravedigger
11-19-2011, 05:38 AM
Photos please, pretty sure your overdrawing, How tall are you? What's your 'wingspan'?

he told me he is 6'.2''.
im going to toss this out there agin along with others request to have sam measure his wing span and divide by 2.5 just to see what that comes out to.

coolsam402
11-19-2011, 09:30 AM

just measured everything and up to date now im 6 3 and wing span of i just measured again but a wing span of 77

coolsam402
11-19-2011, 03:57 PM
any help on this come on

SJunior
11-19-2011, 05:38 PM
You've been told by me and several others how to take care of several issues you are having but you don't seem to want to take our advice.

coolsam402
11-19-2011, 07:42 PM
You've been told by me and several others how to take care of several issues you are having but you don't seem to want to take our advice.

i have taken your advice and now my peep it 11 inches above my nock that not normal

SJunior
11-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Your right that's not normal because that would put your peep almost to your idler wheel.

How bout posting some pics????

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-20-2011, 03:35 AM
i have taken your advice and now my peep it 11 inches above my nock that not normalIn all the bows I have ever tuned in my shop. The peep is usually 5 to 6.5 inches above the center of the arrow nocking point. The easiest way to put your peep in the proper location is. Close your eyes draw your bow back and anchor correctly. Open your eye and if you cannot see immediately through your peep it needs to be put in the correct location.

Hutch:cool:

SJunior
11-20-2011, 04:14 AM
I'd like to see where your anchor point is. A high anchor point will cause your sight to be low.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-20-2011, 04:20 AM
I'd like to see where your anchor point is. A high anchor point will cause your sight to be low.Good point!
If you post a pic of you drawing your bow in a safe direction. We can help you solve all these issues you are having so you can enjoy the bow.

elkslayer4x5
11-20-2011, 05:04 AM
I'd like to see where your anchor point is. A high anchor point will cause your sight to be low.

He says " lower knuckle behind ear lobe".... Don't know about you, but thats hard for me to visulize. Still need to see a photo of him at full draw.

ElkSlayer
11-20-2011, 06:42 AM
I can see it have had to help a few others get away from that type of anchor pt sorry sam but you going to just have to lower that anchor.pt.. opps posted befor i was done...
Just checked my peeps and I can say one is 6" from nock center pt and the onther is 6.5 because i use a BT release on thet bow hand to raise peep up .5 so i could see... 11" dont think so.bud Im 6' 4" so try 6" or do as sujested draw your bow to a new comfortable anchor pt and have some one mark the spot for the peep ????? its realy a simple problum...I did both mine alone....just saying

Double S
11-20-2011, 06:55 AM
In all the bows I have ever tuned in my shop. The peep is usually 5 to 6.5 inches above the center of the arrow nocking point. The easiest way to put your peep in the proper location is. Close your eyes draw your bow back and anchor correctly. Open your eye and if you cannot see immediately through your peep it needs to be put in the correct location.

Bingo!. Like hutch stated above. Have someone watch you so you don't aim in a unsafe direction. Safely nock an arrow close your eyes and set your anchor while your eye's are closed. When your anchor feels right ( Assuming you have a proper anchor ) open your eyes and see where your peep is located and if you can properly see through it. On a new rig, besides the peep. I never put anything else on until I have shot at least 100 times. I do set my 20 yard pin. After I've shot about 100 arrows, That when I start serving in any stuff on the string. I wanna make sure that any creep is out of the string. I think it's waste of time sighting in a new bow when the strings need to stretch. My .2 cents.

Do you have access to a Computer that can download PDF?. You really need to download nuts and Bolts Book. It's free and it has a lot pictures to help. It would answer all the Questions you've posted on here.

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 02:45 PM
ok just to let everyone know thats what i was doing is drawing back with eyes closed and opening them and hav the peep be in the right spot i know ive been at pro shops so many times and the have had me do that

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 02:46 PM
and every one get excited i got pics not the best but there thay are