PDA

View Full Version : Teflon sliders verses Cable rollers

darkember
11-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Please could someone explain the pros & cons of each device, thanks.

coolsam402
11-19-2011, 09:24 AM
rollers are amazing and can speed up ur bow and the slider can stick to the rod but the cann increass draw weighti dont really know much about the sliders

justin
11-19-2011, 09:27 AM
slider, pros. adjustable, mostly. simple easy to replace. they work well.
rollers. generally not adjustable. mostly work, havent heard of a ccs malfunction for quite awhile. potentially can cause a little extra limb twist, because of excessive clearance. ccs make the draw cycle smoother though (idk for sure, never shot the same bow at the same weight with just the cable guide system swapped) thats about all i got. slide is cheaper....

gravedigger
11-19-2011, 09:48 AM
i had a rod and slide and i now have the ccs.the ccs will increase your draw weight by 3-5 lbs,may cause some cam lean/limb twist but it is a ez fix,smoother draw IMO,great clearance.with the slide i thought the draw was nice till i got a ccs.now i think it is a bit rough with a slide.slide is way way cheaper and very afective,dont like the way the slide looks.ccs just brings the bow togther.

bowgramp59
11-19-2011, 12:56 PM
no comparison in my book ccs is a much better system than the slide. but i have both, the slide system has been around for a long time i guess it will be around for a long time to come.

elkslayer4x5
11-20-2011, 05:28 AM
no comparison in my book ccs is a much better system than the slide. but i have both, the slide system has been around for a long time i guess it will be around for a long time to come.

Apparently for a while longer as Martin brought back the old tried and true cable slide to replace that TRG system that did'nt work out so well. :D