PDA

View Full Version : got pics get excited

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 02:52 PM

HawgEnvy
11-20-2011, 03:39 PM
form doesn't look to terrible. from the pics it looks as though you're leaning forward at the waist,but can't really tell. also looks like you're moving your head to the string to make contact with the kisser. looks like you're slightly out of the "T" position w your upper body. try dropping your elbow on the release arm,and bring your bow arm up. hand placement on the grip looks good. nice and relaxed.

now,with that being said, from looking at the pics, it almost looks as though you need a longer draw length. and,taking your physical size into account(6'2" w 77" wingspan),a longer ata bow may be in order. but that is pure speculation going solely off the pics.

maybe one of the others will chime in and give their $.02. try raising the kisser,which will lower your release arm,then raise the kisser. get us a pic of your sight as well

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-20-2011, 03:52 PM
form doesn't look to terrible. from the pics it looks as though you're leaning forward at the waist,but can't really tell. also looks like you're moving your head to the string to make contact with the kisser. looks like you're slightly out of the "T" position w your upper body. try dropping your elbow on the release arm,and bring your bow arm up. hand placement on the grip looks good. nice and relaxed.

now,with that being said, from looking at the pics, it almost looks as though you need a longer draw length. and,taking your physical size into account(6'2" w 77" wingspan),a longer ata bow may be in order. but that is pure speculation going solely off the pics.

maybe one of the others will chime in and give their $.02. try raising the kisser,which will lower your release arm,then raise the kisser. get us a pic of your sight as wellWell done HawgEnvy. I would say the same about a 1" too short in draw length, raise the kisser button so you can level your bow better and lower your release elbow. This might cause you to have to raise your peep slightly.

Hutch:cool:

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Well done HawgEnvy. I would say the same about a 1" too short in draw length, raise the kisser button so you can level your bow better and lower your release elbow. This might cause you to have to raise your peep slightly.

ok thanks jerry i have the biggest draw length mod on my bow right now with a 1 inch d loop also. I will try to move the kisser in a min and i will post pics again. Sorry about the angle of the camera i didnt have a place to lay my computer, but is there any way to get a bigger draw length mod on my bow (exile).... and does having the slide compaired to the trg increase draw weight a few pounds?

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
here are the pics of the sight i dodnt know why you need them but here they are

Double S
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I get nervous when I see a bow drawn without an arrow nocked. Please be careful.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Lets work with what you have. Forget the draw length for now. HawgEnvy was right you need to raise the kisser button up, and just a little at a time. Till the bow is level and ready to shoot. Since you don't have an arrow in it. Be careful not to dryfire it. I would feel real bad for you if the bow exploded.

HawgEnvy
11-20-2011, 04:17 PM
i wanted to see the sight in hopes that it could be flipped around,giving you more adjustment. aand,as others said,you should definately have an arrow nocked and pointed at a target of some sort. you only think you have issues til you dry fire your bow.

hey guys, look real close at the strings on the bow. just beneath the cable guard rod. tell me what you see

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Lets work with what you have. Forget the draw length for now. HawgEnvy was right you need to raise the kisser button up, and just a little at a time. Till the bow is level and ready to shoot. Since you don't have an arrow in it. Be careful not to dryfire it. I would feel real bad for you if the bow exploded.

ok would you like me to keep posting pics cuz i dont know what you my making it level

HawgEnvy
11-20-2011, 04:23 PM
ok would you like me to keep posting pics cuz i dont know what you my making it level

picture a teeter totter. your body being the pivot point. raise the bow arm,lower your elbow of the release arm.

NOTE: the main problem i notice is your a lefty. lol

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:27 PM
picture a teeter totter. your body being the pivot point. raise the bow arm,lower your elbow of the release arm.

im not a lefty i cant even pee with my left hand... that hand is so uncordinated

haha

and how am i supposed to tell if im level ????? i cant take my head off and turn it around and look at my self

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:33 PM
i wanted to see the sight in hopes that it could be flipped around,giving you more adjustment. aand,as others said,you should definately have an arrow nocked and pointed at a target of some sort. you only think you have issues til you dry fire your bow.

hey guys, look real close at the strings on the bow. just beneath the cable guard rod. tell me what you see

ya i saw that too why is that cable all pulled ver is that supposed to be like that?????/

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-20-2011, 04:38 PM

Careful there Hawg, :p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-20-2011, 04:40 PM
and how am i supposed to tell if im level ????? i cant take my head off and turn it around and look at my self

Stand in front of a mirror. Or have a buddy check to see if it is level.

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Stand in front of a mirror. Or have a buddy check to see if it is level.

so what i compair my arms to my arrow ???????????????

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:45 PM
new pics with kisser and peep moved up 1 inch

SJunior
11-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Lowering your anchor would do wonders, wouldn't take much. Also buy a sight with an offset mount bracket like a Cobra Python, that will give you more adjustability in your sights.

Was trying to figure out the pics showing you as a lefty, remembered seeing your pics posted on one of your other threads that the bow was right handed.

As for the cables being like that, I'd say something isn't routed correctly.

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Lowering your anchor would do wonders, wouldn't take much. Also buy a sight with an offset mount bracket like a Cobra Python, that will give you more adjustability in your sights.

Was trying to figure out the pics showing you as a lefty, remembered seeing your pics posted on one of your other threads that the bow was right handed.

As for the cables being like that, I'd say something isn't routed correctly.

well i moved the kisser and peep up one inch how do the pics look and im am aiming down. i havent even touched the cables how would i fix that issue also ha

SJunior
11-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Is the cable in the same groove as the string? I definitely wouldn't be shooting it that way, maybe that's why the poundage increase.

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:53 PM
here are pics of the cam it looks routed correctly this is how it came

Ehunter
11-20-2011, 04:56 PM
It looks like the cable is hitting the STS at full draw. I also noticed the weird angle the one cable appears to be at passing through the slide at full draw. I'd have a shop, or someone with good bow mechanical knowledge check things out for you, because that certainly doesn't look right.

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 04:59 PM
It looks like the cable is pulled over to the inside of the STS. NOT GOOD. The STS should be in line with the string, with the cables on the outside of it, running through the slide. That's the VERY FIRST thing I would fix, then I'd go from there with the advise others have given.

no its on the other side of the sts and on the other side of the bus cable soo in other bords the bus cable is closer to the sts than that other cable

HawgEnvy
11-20-2011, 05:02 PM
that cable definately ain't right. wish you were closer. you really need to get that bow to a pro shop. there's no point in trying to make any more adjustment with the string/cable like it is. also,looking at the cord for your drop rest. it shouldnt be that long. i'm looking at the arrow on the string,it doest look as though the rest is coming all the way up. and,if it is,it could be your nock is a bit high. but you're going to have to start from scratch after you get the bow checked out

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 05:09 PM
that cable definately ain't right. wish you were closer. you really need to get that bow to a pro shop. there's no point in trying to make any more adjustment with the string/cable like it is. also,looking at the cord for your drop rest. it shouldnt be that long. i'm looking at the arrow on the string,it doest look as though the rest is coming all the way up. and,if it is,it could be your nock is a bit high. but you're going to have to start from scratch after you get the bow checked out

ya the rest comes up all the way but the reasion the string is so long is because i didnt cuz it yet because i just havent got any thing on my bow all set up and i dont want to cut it to short yet

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM

ok i just looked at a pic that grave digger sent me a few days back and his cable does that also so i think its supposed to

coolsam402
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
ok for that 1 inch movement it did move my sight up a lot but i still need to move it up another inch and it should be good but its weired having my draw hand that far down and im rinning out of room on my string idk if i can move my peep up another inch

sorry my cat was in the way

and thats a creapy picture

and i know the string needs to be replaced i have a new one to put on once i figure out how to fix all of this stuff

bfisher
11-21-2011, 03:37 AM
The angle of the string appears wierd. It could be that the slide needs reversed on the rod so the cable is in the front slot and the string is in the rear slot of the slide. In other words take cables/string out of the slide and turn the slide around then reinstall the rigging.

As for the draw length of the bow? I think it's not that bad. What I do notice is that you have a lot of bend in your bow arm. Your drawing hand is too far back on your face and you're drawing the bow string too tight into your face. You have the second knuckle of your drawing hand under your ear whereas it should be the first knuckle where the finger attaches to the hand. You could move things forward by straightening the bowarm a bit, shortening the loop or shortening the release or a combination of all three. And with you being such a big guy and the short a2a you'd have to abandon putting your nose on the string. It's just another reference point (anchor) and not totally necessary.

With the idea of pushing everything forward you can move the kisser button closer to the front of your lips and not back in the corner of your mouth. I always like to kid guys and ask them why the call it a kisser button. Do you kiss your wife or girl friend with the corner of your mouth? KISS it. This will also allow for less face contact with the string. Pressing the string into the face creates string torque at full draw. Try to elimnate it as much as possible.

I would also add that these are things you should do some time after your hunting season. If you are comfortable enough right now and can get the bow sighted in then just use what you have as far as shooting form is concerned. You have all winter and spring to work on your form corrections.

elkslayer4x5
11-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Definatly something amiss with the cable, and did'nt you tell us that you have a right handed bow? Yet your photos all show you drawing it left handed. From what I can see in the pics of the bow, ( dark background ) it looks as if the rest is on one side of the sight window and the sight on the other?

gravedigger
11-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Definatly something amiss with the cable, and did'nt you tell us that you have a right handed bow? Yet your photos all show you drawing it left handed. From what I can see in the pics of the bow, ( dark background ) it looks as if the rest is on one side of the sight window and the sight on the other?

x2.for sure that is a lefty.

sam are you a lft hand shooter or a right hand shooter?

Double S
11-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Good eye's guys. That's a left handed bow and he's shooting it left handed. Can you get us some real pics in a well lighted area or outside with left and right side views. preferably taken by someone else?.

Here's a pic of my RIGHT HANDED bow Sam. Just for reference. If you pull the string back with your right hand, your right handed. if you pull back with the left hand, your left handed. You don't go by the hand that holds the bow.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/RyteraNemesis2011withnewAccessories10.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/RyteraNemesis2011withnewAccessories11.jpg

Here's a video of me shooting my Bow.

http://youtu.be/6sDR98XKORA

SJunior
11-21-2011, 12:57 PM
I think the image is flipped guys, sounds like he's using a webcam to take the pics.

coolsam402
11-22-2011, 05:37 PM
I think the image is flipped guys, sounds like he's using a webcam to take the pics.

yep on my laptop that built in

coolsam402
11-22-2011, 05:42 PM
im a right handed shooter im right handed its a right handed bow
the pics are fliped around idk y maybe the webcam

droppixel
11-22-2011, 06:29 PM
This has me puzzled like a mofo - I'm going to pull the photos down and flip them around. The cables definitely look off to me also. First though was they are crossing wrong in the slide or that the slide is on the wrong side of the rod.

coolsam402
11-22-2011, 06:32 PM
This has me puzzled like a mofo - I'm going to pull the photos down and flip them around. The cables definitely look off to me also. First though was they are crossing wrong in the slide or that the slide is on the wrong side of the rod.

its how there supposed to be its the cam the cam is supposed to be like that

droppixel
11-22-2011, 06:49 PM

Ok here are 3 of the images in proper orientation. That might help some people see what is going on here. It looks like the routing through the slide is correct, it just looks like at the cam the shooting string and the cable are just far apart which is what is showing the shooting string cocking really far back at full draw.

Don't know enough about the cam or the bow to know for sure, just looks very different from everything else I have seen before.

droppixel
11-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Here's a video of me shooting my Bow.

http://youtu.be/6sDR98XKORA

Side note - Funny that this is you, I have actually come across this video while searching for Rytera's on youtube. Been wanting to see what people have said about them or how they shoot. The bow looked oddly familiar since I have seen pictures of yours before. Probably saw this video for the first time a few months ago. Looks like it shoots just as nice as it looks! Been dreaming for a Nem or AX for my next bow.

Just had to throw that out there - now back on track.

Double S
11-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Side note - Funny that this is you, I have actually come across this video while searching for Rytera's on youtube. Been wanting to see what people have said about them or how they shoot. The bow looked oddly familiar since I have seen pictures of yours before. Probably saw this video for the first time a few months ago. Looks like it shoots just as nice as it looks! Been dreaming for a Nem or AX for my next bow.

Just had to throw that out there - now back on track.

Thanks!. I'm like a sailor on payday....I get around!. :cool::)

elkslayer4x5
11-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Thanks!. I'm like a sailor on payday....I get around!. :cool::)

Now thats funny! :D