View Full Version : Metal Storm

Arrow Splitter
11-21-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX6YvWxtrxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjGbOyd2ek&feature=related
16,000 rounds per second. OH YEAH!!!!!

bigredhunter00
11-21-2011, 07:02 PM
gotta love the mk 19. Got to play with those in the army and man are they fun.

MLN1963
11-22-2011, 04:27 AM
This has been around a while but is still just as intriguing and impressive!

ElkSlayer
11-22-2011, 06:45 AM
that is one mean an nasty weapon... seen it featured on the mil chn...as well in some movie years back when it was new to public info.... do not point that in my direction I give UP

elkslayer4x5
11-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Just have to ask how this is archery related. :confused: :D

MLN1963
11-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Just have to ask how this is archery related. :confused: :D

It's not, but it doesn't have to be as it is located in the "Off Topic" forum. :cool:

Arrow Splitter
11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Just have to ask how this is archery related. :confused: :DMaking fun of my thread are you? It's war now!http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/military/p0206.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-military.php)LOL:D
Just think, with Metal Storm, you can shoot and butcher your deer in less than a second.

alex
11-23-2011, 04:49 AM
I gave my honest opinion about the Metal Storm in YouTube once and was almost eaten alive. For me it is a concept, not a weapon. When i see real soldiers using it in real war actions then i'll change my attitude. But i wonder how long it should be to hold 100 rounds for example and how much it will weight. :cool:

elkslayer4x5
11-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Making fun of my thread are you? It's war now!http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/military/p0206.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-military.php)LOL:D
Just think, with Metal Storm, you can shoot and butcher your deer in less than a second.

About as long as it would take you to eat whats left. How's school going? :D And why, yes I was:p

Arrow Splitter
11-23-2011, 05:42 AM
About as long as it would take you to eat whats left. How's school going? :D And why, yes I was:pSchool is going well. I didn't go today because of the bad weather here. We got about 5" of snow, and sleet was coming down earlier. The college that I go to is located a little more that an hour south of here, and all they are getting is rain, so school wasn't cancelled. The weather just ruined my record of 100% attendance.:mad::D

elkslayer4x5
11-23-2011, 06:13 AM
School is going well. I didn't go today because of the bad weather here. We got about 5" of snow, and sleet was coming down earlier. The college that I go to is located a little more that an hour south of here, and all they are getting is rain, so school wasn't cancelled. The weather just ruined my record of 100% attendance.:mad::D

Maybe someone the attendence office needs a new string? :D

Arrow Splitter
11-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Maybe someone the attendence office needs a new string? :DAs far as I know my professor isn't an archer.:( He lives in the city as far as I know.:eek:

ElkSlayer
11-23-2011, 07:56 AM
just because someone lives in a city dosen't mean the do not shoot...we are all country boys at heart... I used to live in a city, well just out side of one.. lol

So brad what classes are you taking , thats got a professor teaching it :cool:
Perhaps you can get asterisk for that bad weather day... lol you getting any shooting time..

Arrow Splitter
11-23-2011, 08:07 AM
just because someone lives in a city dosen't mean the do not shoot...we are all country boys at heart... I used to live in a city, well just out side of one.. lol

So brad what classes are you taking , thats got a professor teaching it :cool:
Perhaps you can get asterisk for that bad weather day... lol you getting any shooting time..I know, I know.;)
Now as far as what classes that I'm taking that have a professor teaching them, the answer is all. It is college you know. LOL:D Now about shooting time, maybe later.:cool: I've got to get working on my 6-7 page Persuasion(Argument) paper for English 101. Yes, I'm going to be a machinist, but I guess I need to know how to write a 6-7 page research paper. LOL

ElkSlayer
11-23-2011, 08:14 AM
LOL yea ... I had to take that sort of class too, But My shop instructor was retired Ford Guy.. as in worked for ford mortor Co and on cobras... which made for some interesting lectures.. Enjoy this time youngster.. lol I wish i was your age again

Arrow Splitter
11-23-2011, 08:20 AM
LOL yea ... I had to take that sort of class too, But My shop instructor was retired Ford Guy.. as in worked for ford mortor Co and on cobras... which made for some interesting lectures.. Enjoy this time youngster.. lol I wish i was your age againMine was a machine shop manager at one time, and I don't know how many years he has been in the machining field. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. I couldn't ask for a better instructor.
I am also taking Algebra/Trig. Did you have to take Trig too?

ElkSlayer
11-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Sort of ...practical shop math 1 and 2 ..lol coverd loads of math basic to trig
Now i have a trig book heck brb .....ok see not long at all
get your self this book.. Trigonometry Tables & multipliers For Engineers ,
Published by All American bushing co in Calif
Check out a tool supplier in your area and buy all means get your self the new machinist hand book asap... tell dad x mass is commin... it should come with a CD for your pc.. any way big helpers..have more info that you will know what to do with...lol

Arrow Splitter
11-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Sort of ...practical shop math 1 and 2 ..lol coverd loads of math basic to trig
Now i have a trig book heck brb .....ok see not long at all
get your self this book.. Trigonometry Tables & multipliers For Engineers ,
Published by All American bushing co in Calif
Check out a tool supplier in your area and buy all means get your self the new machinist hand book asap... tell dad x mass is commin... it should come with a CD for your pc.. any way big helpers..have more info that you will know what to do with...lolYeah, there are many things that I need to get, and the machinist's handbook is definitely one of them. I also still have to get a micrometer as well.

ElkSlayer
11-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Oh I remember them days ...I was lucky My uncle was also a machinist and gave me a gift package with a few starter tools.. Just look at it this way.. buy the good one and it the only one you ever need to buy.. I would sujest you get your self a set Instead of just the 0-1 start off with 0 - 3 set of 3 michs of if you can and unless you macking a lot O strings the box set 0-6 dont faint when you look this up ...lol dont want to sticker shock ya..

Arrow Splitter
11-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Oh I remember them days ...I was lucky My uncle was also a machinist and gave me a gift package with a few starter tools.. Just look at it this way.. buy the good one and it the only one you ever need to buy.. I would sujest you get your self a set Instead of just the 0-1 start off with 0 - 3 set of 3 michs of if you can and unless you macking a lot O strings the box set 0-6 dont faint when you look this up ...lol dont want to sticker shock ya..Yeah, I've discovered that quality machining tools are pricey.:eek: At least the shop has the tools so I don't have to get everything right now.:cool:

ElkSlayer
11-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Yep another hint for christmass.... did you know they also sell Dial Cal and Mich sets..good way to start out. comes in a box too so you can store it safly Un till you buy that tool box you will need.. see just make a list post it on your fridge for dad an mom to see. lol

Arrow Splitter
11-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Yep another hint for christmass.... did you know they also sell Dial Cal and Mich sets..good way to start out. comes in a box too so you can store it safly Un till you buy that tool box you will need.. see just make a list post it on your fridge for dad an mom to see. lolNo I didn't. I actually have dial calipers. They're not expensive, but they're accurate. I'll probably end up getting my Mics from Starret, because their definitely a quality, precision company. Most of the mics at the shop are also Starret.

gravedigger
11-23-2011, 09:45 AM
i kike big guns,yep like them alot.now if i could only go elk hunting with one of them:eek::eek::p

Arrow Splitter
11-23-2011, 10:24 AM
i kike big guns,yep like them alot.now if i could only go elk hunting with one of them:eek::eek::pThis system would be great if was incorporated into a shotgun. Bird hunters wouldn't have a problem taking out whole flocks of birds.:eek: