PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Alien x ...........again.

Speedykills
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Well i sold the cardiac and got this in better shape than last one alien x,this one is a 45-60# so it fits me right.I put on a GKF dropaway see how it goes.After getting everything tuned at proshop ran it through chrono 29"dlx57.5# with a 372 grn arrow shot a 284fps,ya im pretty happy with that.Anyway i have to show it off.This one has barnsdale camo limbs.
Also i want to mention after spending a hour or so getting everything setup the proshop which is Pats Archery in Okmulgee Oklahoma, didnt want to charge me,wow i was suprised very good people to deal with.I bought some g5 montecs just to say thanks to them.So if your around that area dont hesitate to visit them there great people to deal with.

Don B
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Sweet looking X. I wish they made one 40+ ATA.
Don.

HawgEnvy
11-22-2011, 12:08 PM
nice one,Speedy. i like the black riser/camo limbs. i could've had one in trade awhile back,but had the carbon fiber lookin' limbs. i still want one though. 30" ata?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Speedykills is back in black. Nice bow, looks in good condition

Hutch:cool:

Speedykills
11-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Speedykills is back in black. Nice bow, looks in good condition

Hutch:cool:

Ya i just cant seem to stay away from these Martin/Rytera bows,this one is in better condition,the other one i had the leather cut from the grip, this has it,feels nice with it.Thanks for comments so far.

Speedykills
01-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Took my bow to shop today had ata brought back to spec and got cams timed and sync.Also bumped the weight up to 60# shot through chrono 288fps.Picked up 4fps,not to shabby.Thinking about some lighter arrows to get into the 290's,who says martin bows arent fast.
Cool thing was i left the bow there did some shopping when i came back owner and tech asked me if i ever chrono bow i sayed yes(what in sig)then they told me what it shot,they where like dang thats a fast bow,i think it suprised them.These guys are bowtech only dealer.

Spiker
01-07-2012, 03:06 AM
The Alien invasion will continue until the entire planet is at their mercy.Speedy - I went to 346gn arrows and now at 29"/61.5# I get 298.8fps average. :)

Speedykills
01-07-2012, 01:36 PM
The Alien invasion will continue until the entire planet is at their mercy.Speedy - I went to 346gn arrows and now at 29"/61.5# I get 298.8fps average. :)

Ya thats fast,but how is the penatration!

Spiker
01-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Haven't been able to tell any difference between them and the 390gn's I usually shoot as far as penetration into my target, and your the one that said you wanted
to get a bit faster by going to a lighter arrow.
I was just giving you a reference point.

Speedykills
01-07-2012, 03:02 PM
and your the one that said you wanted
to get a bit faster by going to a lighter arrow.

Yes i did,and that's what i wanted to know,thanks.+rep

bowgramp59
02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
at 298 fps & 346 grns. he want be able to measure the penatration because he will get pass thrus !

droppixel
02-16-2012, 05:27 AM
at 298 fps & 346 grns. he want be able to measure the penatration because he will get pass thrus !

Heck yeah he will! I can tell you right now with my Cheetah, guaranteed to be shooting well under 298fps and shooting a 340g arrow I smoked through 2 doe this fall - both through the shoulders ...

Speedykills
02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Heck yeah he will! I can tell you right now with my Cheetah, guaranteed to be shooting well under 298fps and shooting a 340g arrow I smoked through 2 doe this fall - both through the shoulders ...

Not really sure what you guys are talking about!

But the reason i was asking about penatration was the old debate of lighter arrows more speed but less KE were heavy arrows are slower with more KE will get more pass throughs.But with todays speed bows and razor sharp broad heads it all equals out!

elkslayer4x5
02-17-2012, 07:00 AM
There was a post on these boards within the last two weeks about a u-tube video showing better penatration with lighter arrow versus heavier at longer ranges,ie; 50 + yds. Sorry can't remember who posted it. Not that it really makes much difference, for instance, Way back when I was a pup, was hog hunting with a 47# Bear Super Kodiak, shot a big sow ( 250 lbs ) at 35 yds using a cedar arrow and a Colt Hilbre, blew thru both lungs and got sparks on the bank behind her, and then a fountain of blood. Point is that any of todays compounds will deliver way more KE than my old Bear did, even though I did draw it to 31 inches. If I remember correctly those Black Beautys ( 1967 SK's ) shot around 180 fps.

MLN1963
02-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Here is one guys test and I am sure I have seen more. This is just the first I could quickly find. There is not a huge difference but it blows the heavy penetration theory out of the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4RGcyZ_gJY