PDA

View Full Version : my onza(ebay special)

lovebumper
10-04-2007, 06:26 PM
after the new stringput on it 63#s of pull, 30inch draw,, i am new to archery and really going about things by trial/error,, at 22 yards i have a pin set and i would say i am pie plate accurate,,meaning i can hit a pie plate say 8 out of 10 times,,usually a 4-5 inch spread,,,i was wondering honestly at 20 yards how are u guys who are more experienced and way better archers than me shoot? whats ur aveage spread at 20 yards,,i know i am good enough at 20 yards at 25 things get wider quicker not sure why but they do,, any input is good ,by the way i love the old ebay special onza bow

flytier17
10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
To see why your groups progreesively loosen after 25 yds, download the Easton Tuning and Maintenence chart. Great info, will help troubleshoot your groupings.

With my Slayer, I am shooting pennies at 20 yds.:D Just make sure you have 4-6 reference points, keep them precise and consistent, and practice.

You are using a release I assume. Fingerstringing is less accurate on a compound. When I fingerstring my Jennings, I get 4"-7" groups, and consider them pretty good.

Alec:cool:

lovebumper
10-05-2007, 03:54 PM
as a matter of fact i am shooting fingers,,using a tab,, 4-7 inches seems about what i am doing,, never used a a release could be a new experince