PDA

View Full Version : Cheeteh Bow

paully2168
11-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I have acquired a Martin Cheetah bow, can anyone tell me if this a decent bow. This is my first bow. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Speedykills
11-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I have acquired a Martin Cheetah bow, can anyone tell me if this a decent bow. This is my first bow. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Depends on what year,if it's a 2008 or newer pretty good beginner bow.Descent speed,pretty quiet,it's a martin so ya it's ok.

gravedigger
11-28-2011, 01:47 PM
welcome to the forum.that bow is a great bow.we have some cheeta shooters on the forum and they dig em.if the bow has a sticker on the bottom limb look at the first 2 numbers in the bow# and that will give you the year it was made.if you could post a few pics of the bow it would help us help you with more info.if you know the year then i can get you all the specs for the bow.

droppixel
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the forum. I shoot a Cheetah and love the heck out of it. Really easy to tune and work on, shoots great with almost no shock that I am aware of. I can't really speak to the speed, don't have much to compare to and haven't chrono'd it yet, but it is quiet and consistent.

@Grave - for the sticker I didn't know that and makes me kinda wonder. I got my Cheetah used and was told it is an '08 but the sticker starts "06" ... hmmmm

rpalt1
11-28-2011, 03:23 PM
i shoot an '10 cheetah and love it. I used to shoot a hoyt super slam and this bow is a great bow for the price. I took a nice 6 pt this year
For the money spent I can't go wrong;)

Double S
11-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the Forum friend!. :D

gravedigger
11-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the forum. I shoot a Cheetah and love the heck out of it. Really easy to tune and work on, shoots great with almost no shock that I am aware of. I can't really speak to the speed, don't have much to compare to and haven't chrono'd it yet, but it is quiet and consistent.

@Grave - for the sticker I didn't know that and makes me kinda wonder. I got my Cheetah used and was told it is an '08 but the sticker starts "06" ... hmmmm

that sucks.i think the sticker tells all.i have seen a few martins on craigslist and the seller is trying to say its a 09 or 10 then they show the sticker and its 04-05

droppixel
11-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Trying to get that figured out then. The site doesn't list the Cheetah in '06 but has it in '07-on. The spec chart for '07 shows the m-pro with the F7 mod at 30" and the '08 F7 at 29". There is a difference in the cable length too by 1/2" - My sticker says 32 which matches up with the '07 vs. the 31.5" for the '08.

Not that this all maters a ton, bow still shoots just fine, but would like to know if I was told and been under the impression the bow is a 2008 when it could be a 2007 or later.

elkslayer4x5
11-29-2011, 05:15 AM
Welcome to the site paulie. Lots of happy Cheetah owners around here. :)

bfisher
11-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Welcome to the forums Paulie. Got questions? We try to answer them. Got something to add? We always welcome contributions. We learn from each other. Feel free to join in and get to know us.
Barry

paully2168
11-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks everyone,,it is an 08. I guess one of my questions would be, do I need to go to a archery shop to get it setup for me?

gravedigger
11-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks everyone,,it is an 08. I guess one of my questions would be, do I need to go to a archery shop to get it setup for me?

with the help of us at the forum toy can set it up your self.the bow does not deed a press to be worked on

bfisher
11-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Paully, we'd be more than willing to help with the initial setup and subsequent tuning. It takes a minimum amount of basic tools and if you can use a screwdriver you can do this. It's not hard and the more you learn the more you'll begin to understand that bows are just simple block and tackle machines.

good start is to just get a copy of Easton's Tuning Guide and read it from front to back. Keep it handy as it's one of the best reads you'll ever have.