PDA

View Full Version : Alien X

Ehunter
11-30-2011, 12:33 AM
A friend of mine just bought an Alien X. I'm trying to help him get it to specs and set-up. Any idea how many twists it'll take to get 1/2 inch out of the ATA? Also, should I add a couple twists to the string when taking up that much cable length? It's currently setting at 32 inch ATA and 7 1/8th BH. Draw weight is 69# Thanks guys!

Spiker
11-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Your best bet is to just remove the cables/string and twist them to the proper length then re-install.
54 5/8" & 36 1/8".
Then just do a couple twists to get the cams timed together and you should be right on the specs.

bowgramp59
11-30-2011, 01:15 PM
spiker gave you the right info. that will just about fix your problem. i twist all my strings and cables to factory specks under 90 lbs. of tention this usually gets your ATA, BRACE HT., AND THE PROPER POUNDAGE ON THE MONEY!

09 alien x next camo
09 " all black
2010 alien x black carbon weave

Speedykills
11-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Check this link for tuning..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiQQOGXNzL8

Ehunter
11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys. Now, for another question......are the measurements to be taken from the end of the loops, or the start of the loops where they "Y" apart?

archerx7
11-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Measurements are taken from the ends of the loops on the inside, or if you have them stretched on posts........from the outside of one post to the outside of the other post.

Ehunter
12-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I had no way of stretching the cables to 100 pounds to measure, so I just twisted them up 1/8th inch shorter than spec, and reassembled. Turns out that was a pretty good guess. Everything is within 1/8th in. of spec now. Took the bow out and fired a few test shots. WOW! I was happy with my FC400 and Onzas, but this thing is flat out sweet. Haven't even done any tuning to it, other than cam timing. I threw a rest and sights on it, and within 10 minutes, I was dead on from 20-40 yards, and burying arrows in the target like never before. This thing has to be shooting close to 310 or so to be sticking arrows in that deep. 18 inch deep shot blocker target, and I was up to the fletch from 40 yards. Not a worn out target either, and it has a styrofoam and cardboard backer behind it. Looks like I might have to try and talk my buddy out of this bow........... lol

HawgEnvy
12-02-2011, 03:25 AM
just tell him it's junk and you feel real bad for his luck. offer to help him find another bow. tell him you want to keep the AX for parts.

i'd like to shoot one. I've heard alot great things about them

elkslayer4x5
12-02-2011, 03:43 AM
I had no way of stretching the cables to 100 pounds to measure, so I just twisted them up 1/8th inch shorter than spec, and reassembled. Turns out that was a pretty good guess. Everything is within 1/8th in. of spec now. Took the bow out and fired a few test shots. WOW! I was happy with my FC400 and Onzas, but this thing is flat out sweet. Haven't even done any tuning to it, other than cam timing. I threw a rest and sights on it, and within 10 minutes, I was dead on from 20-40 yards, and burying arrows in the target like never before. This thing has to be shooting close to 310 or so to be sticking arrows in that deep. 18 inch deep shot blocker target, and I was up to the fletch from 40 yards. Not a worn out target either, and it has a styrofoam and cardboard backer behind it. Looks like I might have to try and talk my buddy out of this bow........... lol

" Ah, man! Worked my tail off but the string is too long, cragameter is out of time, lefthanded skyhook is broken and the fordnortonbar is stuck. Refuses to be fixed! But I'd take it for the parts! :)

Spiker
12-02-2011, 06:03 AM

That is one of the beauties of the AX. Set your strings right on the length spec, time the cams dead on, set the nock point dead level, set the centershot 7/8"-1" (depends a bit on what arrow yer using) and then just go robin hood them fancy new arrows...

bowgramp59
12-02-2011, 06:16 AM
i have 3 x s i think they are the best bow for the money you can get, i also think they are the best looking bow out there . one of the other bow companys claims there bows is short, good in a tree stand , fast & smooth, well so is the alien x but for a heck of a lot less out of your pocket. [who needs to catch who , JMO ]

Ehunter
12-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Ok, I now own an Alien X. lol This was the easiest bow I have ever tuned, if you call what I did tuning. Basically, just set it up, took a few shots. Everything looked good so I moved back to 40 yards, and shot a few more. Dead on at 40. No left or right adjustment to the rest, no up or down with the D-loop. Grabbed some broadheads and shot. 2 adjustments to the rest, and 2 to the D-loop. BH's are hitting within 1 inch of the FP's at 40 yards. Both are dead on. Turns out the bow was a bit more draw weight than my buddy could handle, so he decided to get a 60#'er. He has a new bow, and so do I. We are both happy now. lol Not real big on the skulls camo, but it does have the carbon fiber Barnsdale limbs, so I'm a happy camper. lol

elkslayer4x5
12-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Nice deal E , glad that it worked out for you. :)