PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah bow 50-70#

BigMc70
10-07-2007, 10:39 AM
I have had my cheetah for a week now and I can not get 70#'s out of it I have it tuned very nice and I have my draw length perfect but all I can get on draw weight is 64#'s what am I doing wrong?:mad:

bfisher
10-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Check the brace height and A2A against factory specs. If the A2A is long and the brace height is low then you can do the following: If you have a bow press you could put some more prestress on the limbs. Here's how:

First take a pencil and make a mark on the side of the bottom cam where it passes through the limb fork. Relieve the pressure on the rigging and add about 4 twists to the cable. Now add about 8 twists to the string. Take it out of the press and weigh it. If need be do it again till you get the poundage up. Keep in mind when you're done you want that line on your cam in the same position as when you started. This maintains the draw length.

If when you are done, your A2A is a little short and brace height high don't get too worried about it. Specs are approximates. 1/8" to 1/4" one way or the other makes no difference.

Need more help come on back.

BigMc70
10-08-2007, 09:17 PM
I recieved an email from tech support about this and they say my bow is mis marked and I need to take it back to my dealer for a limb change but I didnt get it from a dealer I bought it at Academy Sporting Goods. So I am waiting for my next reply. If all else fails I will try what you said as long as it will not void waranty.

BigMc70
10-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I checked my A2A and it is already short and so is my brace height. Still waiting on a replay from Martin.:confused:

bfisher
10-09-2007, 08:45 AM
I think you mean the bow is a 55-70. Martin doesn't make a 50-70. Neither here not there. You may have to call customer service. Ask for Joel Carter or Jake. You need to be able to tell them the limb number on thebow. You can find this on the side of the limb just inside the limb pocket. You'll have to back out a limb bolt to see it. It'll say something limb 4M or 3H or something like that.

Here on this site, check the bow/cam charts and see if it says what limbs are on a 70# Cheetah. According to it you should have #5 limbs on your bow.

What mnight happen is if you need to change limbs, Joel or Jake can ship them to you (you'll give them a credit card #). When you ship the old limbs back they give you credit and nothing is charged to your card. Fair enough?

Hope this helps.

BigMc70
10-09-2007, 09:26 AM
I checked my limbs and they are 6H limbs if they are suppose to be 5H then I do have the wrong ones. I know 5 lbs dosnt sound like a lot but it does add quite a bit more speed to a heavey arrow as well as a light one.

bfisher
10-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Unles I'm looking at something wrong there is definitely a discrepancy somwhere. According to the chart a 6H limb should put your bow at 75#.
The 5 would be 70#. The higher the number the more the weight goes up.

I honestly think you should talk to Joel or Jake at customer service and see what they say.

The only other thing I can think of, being as the A2A is already short, is that the string is twisted so much that the cam is way under rotated. This shortens the draw length and the weight goes down.

You can tell how the cam is positioned by looking at the string groove where the string comes off the cam. There should only be about 1/4" to 3/8" gap there. How is yours?

I'm not concerned with whether you shoot a light or heavy arrow or the performance of each. Just that you should be able to get the weight of the bow that it's supposed to go to. If you have a 70# bow and want to shoot it at 65# that would be OK, but should you desire you should get the weight out of the bow that it's marked for. Cool enough.

BigMc70
10-10-2007, 12:05 AM
looks like 1 inch or better if I am looking at it right. I noticed that the other bows on the cam chart some of them have the 6H limbs and the Cheetah shows just a 6 with out the H is this also a posible problem. I have not contacted Tech support yet my job keeps me at work to time that makes it hard to catch the techs at work.