PDA

View Full Version : New strings on by Hutch....

parttimr
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, finally got them on and it wasn't as hard as I expected. The colors look really good. Just need to fix some idler lean I believe (figure out which side to twist the yoke) and get everything else back on and it's back to shooting. Very nice product by our guy Hutch, http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx22/parttimr/Bow%20Strings/.5128512751295130

Double S
12-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Looks good. The yellow really pops out.

Speedykills
12-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Looks really good,After you break them in would like to know if peep rotates any.

parttimr
12-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Will keep you up on their performance and the peep. Gonna put a new Meta Peep on this time for less weight on string. Yep the yellow really makes them POP.

96xjclassic
12-03-2011, 12:30 PM
They really look good. After my string wears out I will certainly be emailing hutch!

Double S
12-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Have you bought the new meta peep yet?. I switched over to RAD"S two seasons ago and haven't had an issue. A new outfit came out called Titan Peeps. I hear good thing about them. 3 different angles in one peep. Here's some info on them.

Titan peeps

100% Machined Titanium.... there isnt a stronger/lighter peep on the market. Lifetime guarantee.

5/16 and 1/4 Raw Ti ready for shipping.

5/16 weighs 6 gr
1/4 weighs 5 gr

Every peep is capable of 3 different angles for different ATA bows
37 degrees
42 degrees
45 degrees

parttimr
12-03-2011, 12:42 PM
@ DS no haven't bought it yet and no haven't heard of the Titan either.

Double S
12-03-2011, 12:43 PM
@ DS no haven't bought it yet and no haven't heard of the Titan either.

I forgot to add a link with pics. Oops.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1634073&page=1&highlight=titan+peeps

ElkSlayer
12-03-2011, 01:57 PM
hey hey hey looking bright as can be ... Looks like our ducks color too... Go packers...

darkember
12-03-2011, 02:26 PM
The idler lean does not look too bad. Remember at rest there will always be some lean due to the CCS/TRG pulling the string & cables clear. Check if there is any lean at full draw.

elkslayer4x5
12-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Really good looking strings, Hutch, when does the daughter's bow arrive? :)

MLN1963
12-03-2011, 03:39 PM
The idler lean does not look too bad. Remember at rest there will always be some lean due to the CCS/TRG pulling the string & cables clear. Check if there is any lean at full draw.

First, I'm not being a smart. I don't see how it could be a less acute angle once at full draw. At full draw the limb tips will be closer together, there for the angle from the idler and cam to the cable slide will be greater.

Brad

You can take that lean out at rest by adjusting the yoke. Either loosen the short side or tighten the long side. I'm sure you already knew that but just threw it out there.

parttimr
12-03-2011, 05:01 PM
@ Mark been working on that adjustment for a bit now and walked away twice so far. Seems as if I can get the string centered on the idler by adjusting the yoke but my string is way off to the left of center to the shelf and it wasn't until I changed strings. Checked and re-checked my pics of old strings and they are on correctly. Working with Hutch on this thru PMs hopefully.

gravedigger
12-03-2011, 05:19 PM
im going off topic.when i watched foot ball i was a packers fan and still am...GO packers.i have had this down feather coat for 13 years and have never ever worn it.slick looking string
http://images.imagelinky.com/1322968598.JPG (http://images.imagelinky.com/1322968598.JPG)

http://images.imagelinky.com/1322968633.JPG (http://images.imagelinky.com/1322968633.JPG)

Money Man
12-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Looks really good,After you break them in would like to know if peep rotates any.

I have one of Hutch's strings and have had zero peep rotation problems.

Simple Life
12-04-2011, 02:52 AM
I have one of Hutch's strings and have had zero peep rotation problems.

Same here ,2 sets and no peep movement.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-04-2011, 03:22 AM
Thanks Guys for the complements.
Who's this guy Simple Life http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/images/smilies/noidea.gif seems like I remember him from a long time ago. He must be one of those floater's ;)

Hutch:cool:

darkember
12-04-2011, 04:20 AM
First, I'm not being a smart. I don't see how it could be a less acute angle once at full draw. At full draw the limb tips will be closer together, there for the angle from the idler and cam to the cable slide will be greater.

Brad

You can take that lean out at rest by adjusting the yoke. Either loosen the short side or tighten the long side. I'm sure you already knew that but just threw it out there.

By all means increase the twists to remove the lean from the shooting side of the idler but this will increase the lean on the CCS side which is always going to be present. Plus I have checked mine on full draw using a drawboard & it is near perfect even with the mild lean at rest. Incidently wrist torsion at full draw will create far more lean than the small amount present at rest.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-04-2011, 05:00 AM
It is like this guys on all the single cams I have done. If at rest the cable on the ccs,trg side is a tad longer
(1/16-1/8"). Than at full the extra torque from the angle of the string, levels the idler lean. Correcting the limb twist. I put them in my shooting machine and check them all the time and have had no problems getting them straight.

parttimr
12-04-2011, 05:08 AM
@ Hutch as we talked last night the ATA is 32 exact on each side now and brace height is 7 to center of string and no lean that I can see now even at full draw. Learning a lot though, just need to get the STS serving added to and all is well.

elkslayer4x5
12-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Looks like you've got the lean pretty well corrected. I do have a question for you tho, in your third pic, showing the string comming off the idler, since the lean shown is away from the cable guide, would'nt it be in the center of the idler grove at full draw? I borrowed your pic to show the direction of lean, and added an indicator to help visulize it better. I'm sure that its just an illusion, but the idler looks curved.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-04-2011, 07:01 AM
You will be a pro in a short time

parttimr
12-04-2011, 07:22 AM
@ ES from what the guys have been helping me with your thoughts would be correct at full draw and at this time at full draw it is centered as far as I can tell. As far as the idler I have been wondering the same thing and wondering if my eyes are playing tricks on me as well. Going to take it in to my local guy who helps me out quite a bit and have him check things out. Running the limb bolts in and out so many times I was getting worried about stripping something. Will let him use the press to make things quicker and then reset my draw weight to 65#. Here's what I have now, first two are at rest and last two are at full draw.5133513451355136

elkslayer4x5
12-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Looks real good at rest, but slightly past center at full draw. One thing, I have to ask, can you shoot when drawing while holding the bow with your foot, could get some really long draw thata way. LOL :D

parttimr
12-04-2011, 07:54 AM
@ ES yep i noticed it looked a bit off at full draw but when using the foot to hold the draw to take pics when no one is around to help might make it look funny. Will have a set of eyes look over my shoulder when it goes in. Just irritating to get teh lean out at rest and now it looks off the other way but ata is exaclt same on each side. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

ElkSlayer
12-04-2011, 08:01 AM
just step back a moment .. post up in off topic or something... I would set it back to being off at rest and on at full draw ? hutch, hawg, SL any one that has the shorter A2A bows...

darkember
12-04-2011, 11:18 AM
@ ES yep i noticed it looked a bit off at full draw but when using the foot to hold the draw to take pics when no one is around to help might make it look funny. Will have a set of eyes look over my shoulder when it goes in. Just irritating to get teh lean out at rest and now it looks off the other way but ata is exaclt same on each side. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

How did you manage to keep the bow level drawing with your foot?? If you draw it normally then watch the level on your sight. Once that is level get an assistant to hold a straight edge across the idler wheel following the string. It is hard to keep the bow level & as you watch the sight level move left & right so will the angle of lean occur off the string. Just watch the string comming off the idler at full draw & torsion the riser left & right by very small amounts & you will see how it affects the lean. Note: Only move the riser very slightly & on NO account return the draw while the riser is torsioned as you could induce a derailment. This is as bad a a dry fire. Best advice once at full draw is to completly relax the fingers & thumb on the grip & allow the grip to bed into V of your hand this will help to prevent your grip hand from torsioning the riser. To get a truely accurate measurement you will need to construct a drawboard.

droppixel
12-04-2011, 06:21 PM
My eyes! Ze gogglez, zhey do nuthing!?

Looks good man, nice work Hutch.

Simple Life
12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks Guys for the complements.
Who's this guy Simple Life http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/images/smilies/noidea.gif seems like I remember him from a long time ago. He must be one of those floater's ;)

Well at your age Hutch,days seems like weeks and weeks seems like years;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Yep I remember him he is mean a he use to be!:p

Simple Life
12-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Yep I remember him he is mean a he use to be!:p

;)some things never change

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-05-2011, 02:12 PM
;)some things never changeAin't that the truth!