PDA

View Full Version : Iler lean and ATA....

parttimr
12-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Ok as you all know put new strings on today and found my ATA to be off by almost an 1/8 on the quiver side before and after string change. I now after many attempts and walking away from it have the ATA at 32 centered on both sides. The string at full draw and relaxed is centered on the idler groove now. Does this mean that all should be alright in the archery world now? Maybe it's my eyes and the way I'm looking at it but the upper limb still looks a bit twisted but the tape doesn't lie. Put an arrow on and it all lines up over the shelf with the rest again as well. Thanks for any and all input.

elkslayer4x5
12-04-2011, 07:12 AM
I would think so, but it seemed to me that in your 3rd pic in your post about your new string that when at full draw that the string would be centered in the idler grove, as I posted. But then what do I know my bows have two cams, and long A t A's. :cool:

ElkSlayer
12-04-2011, 07:14 AM
sure glad i could help ....lol have you checked it at full draw...well thats is did you have someone else check it for you ..lol
Best thing to do is walk away ..you can mess with it all day with out realy moving a thing.....go shoot some now

parttimr
12-04-2011, 07:29 AM
New after pics you guys. Posted on the other thread as well. Think all is well tough but what do I know I'm a rookie at all this new stuff, lol but learning.5137513851395140

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Here is mine, no comments from the peanut gallery on the strings. I have a new set waiting for hunting to end.

Hutch:cool:

ElkSlayer
12-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Here is mine, no comments from the peanut gallery on the strings. I have a new set waiting for hunting to end.

:confused::confused::confused: no comment from this nut..

parttimr
12-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Yep yours looks straight and true but Ihave to agree with ES4x5 that something looks crooked with the idler itself but it shoots good and I didn't do anything but change the strings. Oh well it is what it is until I can get it to the local guy to look it over. If he determines it's out of whack guess I'll contact Martin about the idler maybe being crooked or out of sorts. Enough brain cells wasted on it this weekend, lol thank goodness all tags filled.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-04-2011, 02:13 PM
? are your pins that are in the Roto cup, seated all the way?

parttimr
12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Good to visit with ya on the phone. Thanks for everything and will let ya know what we talked about.

Money Man
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
One of the pictures shows the string looking like it coming off the idler a little off center. Did you try spinning the idler without the string on? Maybe the axle has a slight bend to it.

parttimr
12-05-2011, 02:48 AM
@ moneyman nope didn't think of that possibility but when can get in a press may have to check that out.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
@ moneyman nope didn't think of that possibility but when can get in a press may have to check that out.Easy way to check is to use a small square and lay it on the idler and against the limb. Do both sides it will show you if the idler is the problem or the limb.

parttimr
12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Will do Hutch.

bfisher
12-06-2011, 07:34 AM
One of the pictures shows the string looking like it coming off the idler a little off center. Did you try spinning the idler without the string on? Maybe the axle has a slight bend to it.

Good point, but spinning the idler will not tell you if the axle is bent as the axle doesn't turn. It will show if the idler is bent or warped though.

Whatever the problem ends up being it should be addressed. The string looks like it's beginning to fray somewhat and that is not what we are looking for. This is where some guys get the idea that the strings are crap and think they need to replace them or serve that area. That's not the answer. The answer is to get the string tracking correctly and/or sand any sharp edges in the idler groove.

parttimr
12-06-2011, 02:15 PM
@ Hutch squared the idler both sides numerous positions and all is good in the squared world. Going to the shop after work tomorrow but think I got a handle on it now. @ bfisher don't know why that look showed up but I see what you're talking about. Checked idler and no sharp edges smooth as a baby's behind waxed it all up and have drawn it numerous times and it looks good but thanks for the good eye

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Well hope all things go well at the Pro shop parttimr. I forgot about using the square on the idler. Done it many times and at least it shows you if it is or not. And you sound a little more confident. Soon you will be back shooting. WHOO HOOOOO!!