PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine"s from wal mart

ElkSlayer
12-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Ok so you all postin up made me do this.. here is the 8 I got last night at wally world..
Yep sure did swaped out the grey nocks and tore off the 4" vane and replaced it with a wild turkey feather I had cut for a straight fletch flu flu

more info to come latter Need to cut up some more feathers..and go test this one

ElkSlayer
12-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Burr... So testing is done wow looks like im onto a goose arrow..lol
shows no sign of slowing for the 1st 40 yards.. yard bombers fly over all the time somedays just over the roof tops...lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Sounds like one flew over the flu flu nest. http://www.archerysite.net/vb/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://www.archerysite.net/vb/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://www.archerysite.net/vb/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Hutch:cool:

ElkSlayer
12-04-2011, 12:11 PM
and how long did that one take ya Bill... :cool::D:D

Me thinks your slowin down a bit ....must be the age thing...lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-04-2011, 12:29 PM
and how long did that one take ya Bill... :cool::D:D

Me thinks your slowin down a bit ....must be the age thing...lolWell buddy don't wink too long you are right behind me.

ElkSlayer
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Well buddy don't wink too long you are right behind me.

;) thats ok I never act my age...lol

Cut up some more feathers. Should have them glued on here in a bit.
Un desided on how I should do one, with the 6 1/2 shield cut look alike. Also have a 4" version I did last night..

MLN1963
12-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Sounds like one flew over the flu flu nest.

Hutch:cool:;):D:cool:

ElkSlayer
12-05-2011, 06:01 AM
well looks like i should have done more trimming... My shield cuts just had too much quil left... looks bad hope it flys ok... No matter its just a flu flu shot instinctive style... now the HUm what to call them.... The Avitar style looks real good and should go 50 befor slowing down..... why bother, well we have a bottle lancher and ton of honkers that fly over ALOT That and just plain fun to shoot

ElkSlayer
12-05-2011, 06:16 AM
as one can see i lazed out and did not trim quil as much as i should have...oh well I have more...

ElkSlayer
12-05-2011, 09:15 AM
wouldn't you now it here I am ready to rip the big shields off an redo.. But befor i jump the string ...lol I best go test it...darn it flys nice and was grouping with my regular arrows and was the only one to hit my target (paper card 4x6") @ 35 yards..
Did the level bow check... yikes the avitar looking one went 57 paces and skiped off gravel road edge an burried in the grass.. so not the Forest grouse arrow for sure... never find it ...Keep in mind I am 6'4" so that 57 is liek 65 yards or so...HUMMMMM perhaps a 4 fletch with stiffer feathers...thease are sort of soft an flexable.. for being un even yep I said un even They are in a natural state still no triming exepct for spliting the quil... The fly prety nice.. :cool:
May try to do some regular fletch Hunting style...humm :confused:

HawgEnvy
12-05-2011, 09:50 AM
keep tryin'. maybe they're destined to slay elk instead. but i'd like to see ya shoot some geese with 'em.

ElkSlayer
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Just come in from the range .. I am able to put them on target @ 30 right with the hunting arrow.:cool: put up 5" group with the hunter in the center..
so what ever they get shot at.. should do the job.;):cool:

boobowbender
12-05-2011, 08:30 PM
very cool i'm definitely interested in arrows i can fling at anything. so do the flus slow them down at all? it doesn't sound like too much or is it enough to have a chance of recovery
and was there a good reason to swap nocks on an arrow you know your going to lose- well besides to look cool

ElkSlayer
12-06-2011, 05:33 AM
oh yes they are slowed a lot...shooting them at 40 yards I need to aim higher.
Fired @ 45* they fly around 80 - 100 yards I was a bit nervous on the 1st shot, but all in all they fly stright and do slow the arrow ... I also have made some spiral tha will not go 60 for nothing... It realy depends on how they are done... 2 reasons that i swaped out the nock.... 1 yep looks better:cool: 2nd they are actuly a tad longer got another 1/8" of DL... Got to get all i can lol

gravedigger
12-06-2011, 05:44 AM
them arrows look so nice with the flu flus i would not want to shoot them at anything.another good one ES.

ElkSlayer
12-06-2011, 05:49 AM
them arrows look so nice with the flu flus i would not want to shoot them at anything.another good one ES.

well thats why I made them......see what you can do when you fletch your own....lmao you slacker:cool: come on down I'll let you shoot um:cool:

gravedigger
12-06-2011, 05:52 AM
well thats why I made them......see what you can do when you fletch your own....lmao you slacker:cool: come on down I'll let you shoot um:cool:

awww its so nice to be called a slacker again.i have not been called that since high school.lol,lmao

ElkSlayer
12-06-2011, 06:12 AM
shall we ask the wife

elkslayer4x5
12-06-2011, 06:17 AM

What? You've never shot a flu flu, for a slacker, you've lead a sheltered life, you've got a drop-away on your Bengal, right? Heck, have the Mrs. pick up a half doz of the low priced Teminators at work, stick a turkey and the rest is easy. :D

gravedigger
12-06-2011, 07:10 AM
What? You've never shot a flu flu, for a slacker, you've lead a sheltered life, you've got a drop-away on your Bengal, right? Heck, have the Mrs. pick up a half doz of the low priced Teminators at work, stick a turkey and the rest is easy. :D

no drop away om the bengal.right now i have the hostage on it,but im going to go buy a revelution when my b-day comes around.heck i cant even shoot right now.new neibors next door so no more back yard shooting,the range i shot at it 30 to 45 min drive and its icy out,the one 10 min from me closed sept 26 and not sur when it opens again,im thinking april.

i dont even know a place to shoot turkey at.i have not seen any in my neck of the woods

ElkSlayer
12-06-2011, 10:53 AM
GD even more reason to come down... range is right out side 100 yards or so..
thunder chickens, well yea got them too, 15 min away... guess I'll see you in spring time, see if we cant get you some flu flu feathers.. how bout it, April 15
you can help me chase off them turkey poachers..

Well folks i kept the search up soon as the grass thawed and found my arrow.. The tallon took a few nicks, feathers were layed down from the wet, all sharp an dry now ready for round two...

ElkSlayer
12-10-2011, 02:06 PM
did a bit of testing and mor fletching... here is a pic and results speak for them self.... the arrow I shoot @ was one my son in law stuck in the wood frame.. I have finished it off but topping with my alum ( compound) I just keep sticking the top back on and knocking it off like today.. 5185 These two fly the same when shot stright up they go 80 or so... @ 40 yards they hit bottom of the bag when aim point is arrow top.. I shot @ a leaf 30 yards hit it and arrow did not bury under the grass so they are slowing a lot... If any want to know, How I am making these check this out... Only thing these are stright fletched... http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?8205-Wild-Turkey-Feather-Spiral-Flu-Flu-s

ElkSlayer
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Fyi if any one want to know..lol
Once I had one striped I got a weight 365 with insert ( was not going to pull it then re glue)
So givin that it can weigh 17 gr. I dived by the 31" and come up with 11.2
I added 23 Gr worth of feathers depending on the style that was for a 4 fletch left side of picture...this is 5 of the 8 I am real tempted to do the last 3 in a normal hunting style I but a ole bear razor head on the newest one and wow I like it..now to use it on some Grouse or Phesant, water fowl Squrial , rabbits 5204

Spiker
12-12-2011, 11:20 AM
This is just my view after hunting geese with a bow for the past 40+ years...
If you are going to shoot them out of the air at more than 20yds - - - don't use flu flu's.
Only shoot if they are right overhead and you have lots of open space around you.
You will get more if you use regular fletching.
I hunt out of decoys and a layout blind so yellow fletch seems to work the best.
If you shoot vertical the arrows stick straight up in the ground and yellow stands out in the corn fields so you can find them and the
geese dont seem to notice the quiver full of them (looks like a corn cob)
Pass over shots at geese with flu flu's is mostly luck. They will see it and veer.
A lot like those weird white tailed deer that can duck...

oh yeah - - I aint forgot ya - the big black birds are just starting to show up so if and when it works out I will post a pic of one when
it meets an aluminum with a buzzcut outta the recurve...

ElkSlayer
12-12-2011, 12:55 PM
thanks man I dont relay expect to get a shot at a flying goose.. If I do, I have the ticket, you see two of them dont slow so fast..lol.. Our field floods and when it does, well we get a dabble of everything stoping by for a swim...
Thanks again you may have just coast me a miss...lol sure would hate to see em just dodge it...:(