PDA

View Full Version : New archer in town

Ehunter
12-05-2011, 12:33 AM
After having my girlfriend tag along on a few hunting outings, she has gained a new respect for hunters, and a new love of the outdoors. Just seemed natural to me to see if she wanted to try shooting a bow. Of course she did. I set up my old Rytera X-Bullet for her and we went shooting yesterday for the first time. After two rounds of 5 arrows at 10 yards to get the sight pins adjusted, etc. we moved back to 20 yards. This is what her SECOND 5 arrow group looked like. The first one was just as good, but by the 4th group, I could tell she was tiring, so we stopped. Now my question is, is it gonna make me look bad if I break her trigger finger in a few months when she starts outshooting me? lol5143

Chip
12-05-2011, 03:07 AM
After having my girlfriend tag along on a few hunting outings, she has gained a new respect for hunters, and a new love of the outdoors. Just seemed natural to me to see if she wanted to try shooting a bow. Of course she did. I set up my old Rytera X-Bullet for her and we went shooting yesterday for the first time. After two rounds of 5 arrows at 10 yards to get the sight pins adjusted, etc. we moved back to 20 yards. This is what her SECOND 5 arrow group looked like. The first one was just as good, but by the 4th group, I could tell she was tiring, so we stopped. Now my question is, is it gonna make me look bad if I break her trigger finger in a few months when she starts outshooting me? lol5143

Very nice, I always enjoy seeing the ladies get into the outdoors and shooting in general. It's always nice to spend quality time together, and the outdoors is a great place to do it. Have fun together and have a great Christmas.

HawgEnvy
12-05-2011, 04:05 AM
that's what scares me bout gettin my wife shootin regular. I don't want 2 b embarrassed. Lol. Tell her good job

Double S
12-05-2011, 04:48 AM
That's a respectable grouping. Congrats on the fine shooting.

Don B
12-05-2011, 05:17 AM
Tell your girlfriend great shooting.
It's awsome to have your best half out shooting with you. I know that sence Sue started shooting with me I have more fun now.
Just don't put a string from Hutch on her bow, cause she will smoke ya out on the range...:cool:
Don.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Hey EH, its pretty bad when she shoots better than you! LOL! But congrats, its great that you have a shooting partner.

Hutch:cool:

Ehunter
12-05-2011, 03:38 PM
She's still got a ways to go before I am worried, but for the first time ever shooting a bow, and that being arrows 15-20 on her first time, I was very impressed. She took to it very naturally. Now who was it said she was my BEST half? lol

bfisher
12-06-2011, 07:45 AM
You might want to break her trigger finger now. Looks like she already might be outshoooting you. Good for her, and good for both of you. It's always more fun being able to share things.

MLN1963
12-06-2011, 08:08 AM
You might want to break her trigger finger now.

This is a tough crowd! :cool: