PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Noise Geting Worse

1pmplumber
10-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I have a 2007 bengal purchased in 2006 when hew it had a little string noise that was acceptable for the price of the bow, however the noise is steadily getting worse. I am shooting @68lbs with a 27" draw shooting gold tip hunter 55-70 arrows with a cobra diamondback dropaway rest, I had new string and cable installed a month ago and changed the sight. This did not make any differance, then I had bow jack string dampeners installed with a new peep sight(cordless style),still no better. Am I loosing my mind because my wife will verify that my hearing is not getting any better, so the noise should be getting better, right.

flytier17
10-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Never tried the Jax. I use Sims Super String Leeches. These are the best. Very soft, softer than the Jax. I know that the Slip Jax are supposed to increase speed, but to me, the best silencing takes precedence over 2-3 fps.

Also, make sure the peep is tied in well. Otherwise, the edges if the peep might contact the vibrating strands on either side.

It could also not be your string that is buzzing. Look at the screws that secure the module to the M-Pro cam. They or the module might be loose. Check all screws, such as the cable guide, and accessory mounts.

Alec

1pmplumber
10-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I brought my bow to a local bow shop and had them change the string silencers and the limb dampeners also had them check all the screws bolts and everything, although they did not find anything loose the silencers made a huge difference. thank you for all the advice.