PDA

View Full Version : Help me figure out my draw module

CarlosII
12-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Ok, i was at the Larry Wise seminar where he advised me I have a 29 inch draw. So where are these holes in my Shadowcat cams measured. i see where you're supposed to measure to the throat of the grip and add an inch and a half. how are the holes in the Shadowcats CAT cams measured?

Spiker
12-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Each hole is 1/2" so if it max's at 30" (2011 spec) then 29" would be #5.

CarlosII
12-06-2011, 09:42 AM
here's the deal. i was at the larry wise seminar and they used a marked arrow to measure draw length. mine came up at 29...can't be? the module appears to be set at 27 inches. i'm confused....

gravedigger
12-06-2011, 09:46 AM
draw length can drive a guy crazy.lol.i went throught this when i first started shooting,went to some shops and every one told me a dif DL for me...so insted of going through all that crazy stuff i just found a spot the fit me and not what i was being told would fit me.so its working.best of luck to ya.

archerx7
12-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Do you have the 2.0 or 1.5 cams ? If you have the 2.0's, I think you would need the #3 holes while on the 1.5's you would need the #5 holes as spiker said.

jdduffy
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM
here's the deal. i was at the larry wise seminar and they used a marked arrow to measure draw length. mine came up at 29...can't be? the module appears to be set at 27 inches. i'm confused....

my shadowcat set at 29" draws to 30 1/4",and that is in spec with exact string and cable lenghts.

CarlosII
12-07-2011, 06:36 AM
thanks...this is starting to make my head hurt. :)

bfisher
12-07-2011, 06:51 AM
my shadowcat set at 29" draws to 30 1/4",and that is in spec with exact string and cable lenghts.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but 1 1/4" longer than the module is set is hardly within specs. Or did you mean that when cables/string, a2a, and brace are set to specs that the bow draws 1 1/4" too long?

Do you guys remember Sonny Thomas? He went through a whole thread telling us that his Shadowcat draw 1 1/2" longer than the module setting no matter how much he played with it.

jdduffy
12-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but 1 1/4" longer than the module is set is hardly within specs. Or did you mean that when cables/string, a2a, and brace are set to specs that the bow draws 1 1/4" too long?

Do you guys remember Sonny Thomas? He went through a whole thread telling us that his Shadowcat draw 1 1/2" longer than the module setting no matter how much he played with it.

ata, brace,strings and cables all spec.it just draws long.

bcriner
12-07-2011, 09:57 AM
My shadowcat was the same way. Set on 29" hole, mine ends up way long, around 30". I noramally set up bows at 29" and adjust the draw stop or twist the string to get to around 28 3/4-28 7/8" which is what fits me. I believe I am on hole number 3.5 on the 1.5 cams and not 5 where Martin claims is 29".

Ehunter
12-07-2011, 01:45 PM
I think GD is right on track, forget the numbers, find what fits you best and where you shoot the best, and leave it there. Both my Onzas draw long, so I just have them set where I like them, and shoot. When you measure your own draw length (27), are you just going by the modules, or by actual measuring? Could be you have the mods set at 27, but the bow draws an actual 29. Either way, just shoot it set at however you shoot best, and enjoy it.

CarlosII
12-07-2011, 04:42 PM

sshhhh....don't say that name. he is now a non-person, so to speak.

actually, i never quite understood what Sonny was saying about that either.

CarlosII
12-07-2011, 04:44 PM
i was trying to determine the draw length in order to plug the numbers into The Archery Program (TAP) to do some "what ifs" and i needed to plug the numbers in.

CarlosII
12-08-2011, 01:21 AM
are there any markings on the mods that would indicate whether they are 1.5 or 2.0?

bfisher
12-08-2011, 06:24 AM
The markings wouldn't be on the module. Both cam sizes use the same module. Any markings would be on the cam itself. I don't know if the 2.0 cams would be marked, but the 1.5 cams usually have 1.5 right on them. At least that has been my experience with past bows. Just looking at the bows in the new catalog there is so much metal machined away I wonder where they would etch or stamp the 2.0 or 1.5.

But then looking some more at the new Scepter it shows Notro cams with Nitro clearly on the cam. I'm going to bet that these are the 2.0 cams. The page shows other cams (loose) with a lot of metal machined away which I'm going to just assume are the 1.5 cams. Who knows? Maybe a phone call to Joel is in the works.